Thursday Weighers

Urgh! I'm struggling today! Got a stinking cold and all I want is comfort food :( been good so far though, used 12 syns and will use another 2 to have hot water, honey and lemon before bed. I've actually got a lock on the chocolate cupboard - the trouble is, I live alone so I know where the key is :p

Aww hope you are feeling better soon kikaroo :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello new ladies :) xxx

Hi and welcome...add some whisky to that...your cold will soon go...uh oh! 6 syns though!!:rolleyes:

HELP!!!! I feel like I've totally lost it! I dont know what's happened but I have lost all motivation over he last few days.

I can't stop picking at things and tonight Ive eaten a piece of ICED christmas cake!

What the hell has gone wrong!?! I was SO in the zone :cry:

I have made a new before and now photo and I can see the huge difference between the 2 photos ... so why inst it spurring me on?

Has this happened to anyone in the past and how did you get over it? Any help and tips would be much appreciated :)

Wow, Clare, the difference between then and now is amazing! You look so, so well! I fell off the bandwagon a few weeks back and lost ALL motivation, I think the best thing to do is just think of how far you've already come, and what you've changed to get there. It takes such a huge amount of dedication to achieve weight loss like yours, so it's fine to have moments where you question why and what and where haha because it can become exhausting, I'd just remember what you've done to be where you are because you've done amazing and will continue to do so! We've all had blips, I feel like having one tonight! People who are naturally slim and don't have weight issues take for granted what they can eat, without having to worry, so for us lot to dedicate ourselves to our journey like we do, (especially such huge losses like yours) deserve a bit of credit every now and then, and that little push is all it takes to get back on track! So keep going, you've done fab, you look fab and will continue to! xxx

Thank you so much Fifi for taking the time to reply! :)

You really have made me look at my little blip from a totally different perspective...You're right by saying it can be exhausting , I think that's exactly how I feel. I've become worn down by it all, making so many food choices day in day out isn't easy for any of us.

I'm going to dust my self down and pick myself up again.... I may have fallen off but I'm going to get straight back on again and in the long run that's what counts.

Once again thank you for your kind words and encouragement, you really have helped :) x

Don't you Think that what's just happened has happened to ALL of us? CHRISTMAS!!!! I haven't fallen off the wagon at all since last June. Yes I've had meals out, or a drink, but am so determined I've put it straight behind me...and then along came Christmas. I reached my Christmas target in November and I said at the time, I was determined not to be a wet rag at Christmas, I was going to enjoy it along with the rest of my friends and family.....and I surely did. I didn't really go mad, because my mind said "yes" to everything, but my body didn't like it...and I still stuffed on some days. then I felt bloated and uncomfortable ..all my own fault. In between Christmas and New Year I was mostly on my own...had some falling down water..with whisky...kept diving into the choccy bag...ate I don't know HOW many licorice torpedoes...but on top of that I was VERY good and had all SW meals!..lolol! It suddenly hit me how easy it was to fall off and stay off, so gave myself a ruddy good talking to, and got my head in the right place. I got on the scales for the first time, and had gained obviously, so instead of getting embarrassed at my next WI I just got straight back into it. Lost what I;d gained over Christmas, plus another 1.5 lbs. All these months if I had a hiccup, it never showed, and that's the first time I'd gained........when I thought I'd been so good for so long, I could have whatever I wanted...and now I know I can...but I can't go overboard.
You started at 15.10....I started at 15.10.......I want to get to 11stones....you, 10st 10.......I think I'm 12.5.5.....so You're half a stone ahead of me, (but I don't know when you started)...and I'll chase you! We can do this together Clare...I CHALLENGE YOU!!:)
My goal date is July and 11 stones..........I'd like it before that and then set a new target, but who knows!
We've BOTH worked really hard at this.....and I KNOW we can both get where we want...come join us on the Easter Challenge thread (The New LBD one.....) 15 weeks!! xx

Wow, Clare, the difference between then and now is amazing! You look so, so well! I fell off the bandwagon a few weeks back and lost ALL motivation, I think the best thing to do is just think of how far you've already come, and what you've changed to get there. It takes such a huge amount of dedication to achieve weight loss like yours, so it's fine to have moments where you question why and what and where haha because it can become exhausting, I'd just remember what you've done to be where you are because you've done amazing and will continue to do so! We've all had blips, I feel like having one tonight! People who are naturally slim and don't have weight issues take for granted what they can eat, without having to worry, so for us lot to dedicate ourselves to our journey like we do, (especially such huge losses like yours) deserve a bit of credit every now and then, and that little push is all it takes to get back on track! So keep going, you've done fab, you look fab and will continue to! xxx

Thank you so much Fifi for taking the time to reply! :)

You really have made me look at my little blip from a totally different perspective...You're right by saying it can be exhausting , I think that's exactly how I feel. I've become worn down by it all, making so many food choices day in day out isn't easy for any of us.

I'm going to dust my self down and pick myself up again.... I may have fallen off but I'm going to get straight back on again and in the long run that's what counts.

Once again thank you for your kind words and encouragement, you really have helped :) x

Don't you Think that what's just happened has happened to ALL of us? CHRISTMAS!!!! I haven't fallen off the wagon at all since last June. Yes I've had meals out, or a drink, but am so determined I've put it straight behind me...and then along came Christmas. I reached my Christmas target in November and I said at the time, I was determined not to be a wet rag at Christmas, I was going to enjoy it along with the rest of my friends and family.....and I surely did. I didn't really go mad, because my mind said "yes" to everything, but my body didn't like it...and I still stuffed on some days. then I felt bloated and uncomfortable ..all my own fault. In between Christmas and New Year I was mostly on my own...had some falling down water..with whisky...kept diving into the choccy bag...ate I don't know HOW many licorice torpedoes...but on top of that I was VERY good and had all SW meals!..lolol! It suddenly hit me how easy it was to fall off and stay off, so gave myself a ruddy good talking to, and got my head in the right place. I got on the scales for the first time, and had gained obviously, so instead of getting embarrassed at my next WI I just got straight back into it. Lost what I;d gained over Christmas, plus another 1.5 lbs. All these months if I had a hiccup, it never showed, and that's the first time I'd gained........when I thought I'd been so good for so long, I could have whatever I wanted...and now I know I can...but I can't go overboard.
You started at 15.10....I started at 15.10.......I want to get to 11stones....you, 10st 10.......I think I'm 12.5.5.....so You're half a stone ahead of me, (but I don't know when you started)...and I'll chase you! We can do this together Clare...I CHALLENGE YOU!!:)
My goal date is July and 11 stones..........I'd like it before that and then set a new target, but who knows!
We've BOTH worked really hard at this.....and I KNOW we can both get where we want...come join us on the Easter Challenge thread (The New LBD one.....) 15 weeks!! xx

I think you have all done bloody marvellous, my hubby keeps saying to me its not a race to the end its a gentle stroll, I lost 4.5st on put it all back on thinking I can do it on my own but I can't and I think second time round it hard but I will get there, could you give me link to the Easter challenge thread please I would like to join. keep it up ladies you have done really well. xx

Don't you Think that what's just happened has happened to ALL of us? CHRISTMAS!!!! I haven't fallen off the wagon at all since last June. Yes I've had meals out, or a drink, but am so determined I've put it straight behind me...and then along came Christmas. I reached my Christmas target in November and I said at the time, I was determined not to be a wet rag at Christmas, I was going to enjoy it along with the rest of my friends and family.....and I surely did. I didn't really go mad, because my mind said "yes" to everything, but my body didn't like it...and I still stuffed on some days. then I felt bloated and uncomfortable ..all my own fault. In between Christmas and New Year I was mostly on my own...had some falling down water..with whisky...kept diving into the choccy bag...ate I don't know HOW many licorice torpedoes...but on top of that I was VERY good and had all SW meals!..lolol! It suddenly hit me how easy it was to fall off and stay off, so gave myself a ruddy good talking to, and got my head in the right place. I got on the scales for the first time, and had gained obviously, so instead of getting embarrassed at my next WI I just got straight back into it. Lost what I;d gained over Christmas, plus another 1.5 lbs. All these months if I had a hiccup, it never showed, and that's the first time I'd gained........when I thought I'd been so good for so long, I could have whatever I wanted...and now I know I can...but I can't go overboard. You started at 15.10....I started at 15.10.......I want to get to 11stones....you, 10st 10.......I think I'm 12.5.5.....so You're half a stone ahead of me, (but I don't know when you started)...and I'll chase you! We can do this together Clare...I CHALLENGE YOU!!:) My goal date is July and 11 stones..........I'd like it before that and then set a new target, but who knows! We've BOTH worked really hard at this.....and I KNOW we can both get where we want...come join us on the Easter Challenge thread (The New LBD one.....) 15 weeks!! xx
Thank you Polly! You've hit the nail on the head! :) we've all been through the same! It doesn't make me a bad person or failure just because I've had a blip.
I'm going to join the Easter challenge and also take you up on your offer lol Lets do this together !! :)
Thank you so much for your support and encouragement ... It really does mean a lot to me!
Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

New Claire, those photos are really amazing:)
It sounds like we're all in the same boat. I'm certainly struggling. I think January is a horrid month. It's cold and spring seems a long time away.
I'm only on plan as I've told myself that like washing or brushing my teeth I have no choice but to stick to this as it's for my health and so that I don't miss out on my girls childhood.
We can all do it together :) xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...lbd-plan-done-ok-ladies-next-challenge-3.html

There you go........support means so much, we're all on the same path.....doesn't matter if you are running or strolling, it's the end result that matters. I'm a plodder, I've never lost big...and although frustrating sometimes when I see other people losing 4-5 lbs, but now, I don't care. As long as those scales show a downwards trend, I'm happy. I've been overweight for SO long...and got to the age (I'm 67) where I thought, no one cares, and why should I bother?.....but the loves of my life are my 2 Grandies, and they love me to play with them.....but instead of boxed games, now it's table tennis, and proper tennis. I couldn't walk up the street with my little dog, without getting out of breath this time last year....but what a difference now! I thought I was just too old..........but now I could kick myself for not doing this years ago...if only..........
My hubby passed away some years ago now, and I suppose I just got into a rut and didn't bother with anything overmuch. Now it's all change!
DON'T LEAVE IT AS LONG AS ME!! You don't want or need to get older with regrets when there's something you can do about it right now!! xx

Hello! Thought I'd join in, I've been suffering a bit with the motivation/willpower! A 4 pound and 2 pound gain following Christmas ... Hoping for a loss tomorrow.

Good luck all! I've been reasonably good foodwise this week in my first week back on plan, hoping for a little loss maybe? Would be lovely to get a bit more of this weight off! xxx

fingers-crossed-smiley-emoticon.gif
here we go again...good luck all! xx

HELP!!!! I feel like I've totally lost it! I dont know what's happened but I have lost all motivation over he last few days.

I can't stop picking at things and tonight Ive eaten a piece of ICED christmas cake!

What the hell has gone wrong!?! I was SO in the zone :cry:

I have made a new before and now photo and I can see the huge difference between the 2 photos ... so why inst it spurring me on?

Has this happened to anyone in the past and how did you get over it? Any help and tips would be much appreciated :)

Wow what a difference, please keep at it, its really working for you. xx

Back