Thursday Weighers

gained 0.5lb... could have been worse, but it was enough to make me a little bit sad as my losses have slowed right down anyway.

off to change my user title and stats... :(

don't fret..
did you follow the plan?
eat enough?
go back to week 1, try and prove that it doesn't work by eating loads of the good stuff..
at least that's what our guy says to do if you get stuck..

Hello everyone..... new here ...... was just wondering if i could join your thursday weigh in ???? Only started today and weighed in at 13st 10lb....... think i could this with some encouragement xx

It's not like it's a private club or something, if you weigh in on thursdays and want to post your results here, feel free..

Welcome to SW and good luck on your journey..
make sure you wear roughly the same clothes etc when you weigh in each week to keep it consistent..
if you had 2 cups of tea shortly before going today then do the same next week etc..

"A pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter" or something like that...

Hi guys
I will be joining the thursday WIs from next week as my consultant has had to change nights because of uni so it was either join another monday class and start all over again or change nights, I have met a lot of nice people at this class so will be changing to thursday
xxxxxxxxx

Wow some excellent losses tonight! Well done everyone!

And welcome to the newbies on our Thursday thread!

I am sad to say I put on 3lb but that was after a week in Egypt all inclusive!!

I will get it off next week though!

xx

Down -4.5lb this week but it's no wonder given I was made redundant on Monday (and it was my first day back to work after 10 maternity leave). Had done 100% Fri - Mon, then cigarettes & coffee and started eating again on Wednesday.

Belfastbabybear- I'm really sorry to hear that :( I hope you find another job soon. Well done with the fantastic loss so far though! I've found in the past few weeks when things have got stressful Slimming World has actually been quite a positive thing in my life- eating habits can be one thing I can try to control when everything else is out of my control!

And Amy- only 3lb gain after a week all inclusive? you clearly weren't at the bar enough ;) well done- I'm sure you'll see it come off next week!

Quick question regarding slimmer of the week and half stone award I got this week. My mum and sister have been doing SW since April and have both done fantastically well on it (my sister is now a size 10 and my mum is a size 8- both were a 14/16 to start). However, every time they lost 1/2 a stone or won SOTW they've been presented with stickers and certificates. I didn't get either last night- is this usual? should I ask next week?
x

Thanks heartsareyoung! I did loads of swimming, snorkelling and diving so think this helped prevent a huge gain! But I can assure you that I ate and drank loads!! Hehehe!

As for SOTW/WL awards I think it depends on the group as the consultants have to pay for these themselves. We get stickers for each half stone but not certificates but get both for SOTW. However I would ask anyway to make sure it wasn't an oversight as I would expect the majority of groups to at least get the stickers!

Well done on your fab losses so far anyway!!

xx

how do consultants have to pay themselves? aren't we paying £5 a week ( near enough ) for a chat with friends and someone to mark our food diaries?
the least they can give you is a sticker and a piece of pretty paper every few weeks or so.. ..

Do you peeps mind if I join in your little (!) group?
I started class last night, but have been doing sw at home with weekly weigh-ins at the Docs on a mon, so have already lost just over a stone.
Can I join, pretty pleeeese!

:)hi my first weigh in last thursday or rather first weigh in again after giving up in january i have sinced moved cities and have a group 5 minute walk from my house so have no excuse and i have lots of incentives this time anyway i lost 6lbs last week good luck to everyone for this thursday xxx

Have put on 4lbs since I had surgery,
cant walk so thats not helping matters,
gonna go back to class next week even if I have to use crutches,
meh poormeitis r what?

yey i lost 1 and a half this week i hoped it would be a little more as i was 100% good all week but at least its a loss woohooo :)

Back