Thursday Weighers

Don't worry about it too much. If you've put much weight on so quickly, you'll lose it quickly once you get back on track. After all you did really well on Christmas day. I had 100 syns on Christmas day and 60 on Christmas eve.

Just try to not let last night put you off for the rest of the week. Have you counted up how many syns you actually had?

Good luck for Thursday not being too bad.

Yeah just added it up and think I had 20-25 on Christmas day- 14 boxing day and 110 yesterday although knew yesterday would b had as it's our biggest night out of the year! Hate eating at other peoples houses though cos can't be 100%!

See, you had less syns over three days than I had over two ;). :party0036:Alcohol and cheese biscuits are where my syns disappeared. Oh well, I'm hoping for a 100% January to get me back on track.

Just don't get too stressed about WI, otherwise (if you're like me) that will only lead to you thinking you've already failed, which will be a self fulfilling professy.

Good luck for Thursday and here's to great losses in 2011. xx

i have a feeling that tommorow is gonna be my first gain since starting lol after my 3 days of binge eating feel like crap now and going away friday for new years to friends who do amazing roast dinners and cauliflower cheese and then to a social club for a party with food included. Im still going to way in though no point putting it off i intend to lose another 6 stone and this time no matter how hard im sticking to it :D

Got a text reminding me bout class 2 Moro but then had a sneak peek at the scales and it looks like i've 4lb on :0(

Last edited:
went to weigh in gained only 1 lb slight shock considering how much i ate thought it would be loads more so im having no syns today and flexi syning tommorow and sat as away at friends and have a party to attend with buffet so if i stay the same next week i will be happy :D

Weighed myself this morning and haven't put on anything since last time - or rather, I've managed to lose what I did put on because my clothes were a little tighter then :p

Well done all losers, STSers and even those who gained. Going to class and seeing the damage is one of the hardest things to do so :0clapper:

Good Lucky everyone!
I am dreading tonight :(

Luckily, have booked in for a step class afterwards :p

im sitting on sofa, class is across the rd and i have 23 mins to convince my fat bottom to go and stand on some scales

Christmas in the Sogood household (what's yours like?)

It's Christmas morning, the children are up and it's only 6am, Mrs Sogood didn't get to bed until 1am - after eating Santa's mince pie and drinking his glass of sherry, not to mention (for a bit of speed food) eating Rudolph's carrot

She puts on the kettle and makes a cup of milky coffee and adds just one spoonful of sugar.

Presents opened in record time, she decides to have breakfast. Bran Flakes and 1 Ryvita is her first HEB of the day. She tips them into a bowl then remembers to check the weight. Yes, just as she thought, well over an ounce. She takes out the extra and puts them in her mouth. She sloshes on the milk and adds a spoonful of sugar to sweeten. As it's Christmas day she treats herself to a small glass of fresh orange juice. The children only want toast, so she butters 4 slices, cuts off the crusts and without thinking, eats them.

Mid morning while preparing the veg, she enjoys a glass or two of champagne......well, it is Christmas! For lunch, Mrs Sogood enjoys a starter of melon and prawns on a bed of lettuce, with a drizzle of sauce. For the main course, she has mashed potato made with a dash of cream, roast potato and parsnips cooked in the turkey fat, sprouts, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, turkey (113gms), pickled onions, a dollop of stuffing, home made gravy and 1 tablespoon of cranberry jelly. All this washed down with a toast of champagne and a bottle of white wine.

She serves the family with Christmas pudding and hot brandy sauce, testing the sauce to make sure it is piping hot. She feels very virtuous for resisting the pudding! As she clears up, she finishes 2 potatoes from the children's plates.

Mrs Sogood then prepares the cheese and crackers, just tasting crumbs from each of the 6 cheeses. She allows herself 5 crackers and puts what looks like an ounce of Camembert on her plate as her second HEA. This is enjoyed with a glass of port.

After lunch, the family sits to watch television for a couple of hours. Later, the children open the tin of Roses and give Mum 5 of her favourites (the purple one with the nut in the middle). It's ok she thinks as she didn't have any Christmas pudding so this is her reward.

At 7pm she makes turkey, stuffing and cranberry sandwiches. It's on brown bread, so she counts her second HEB of the day with one mince pie and a smallish slice of Christmas cake for afters. While enjoying the film, out comes the Baileys and after the joy of the day, she allows herself a good slug over ice.

A milky coffee with just 2 After Eight mints finishes off this 'not too bad' Food Optimising day.

Mrs Sogood thinks she may have over-done the syns a little, having maybe an extra 20 to 25 on top of the 15 she normally has..........

But here's the correct count:-

13 syns for the mince pie
3 syns for the 50mls sherry
2 syns for sugar in the coffee (not a level teaspoon)
HEB and 10 syns for Bran Flake
2 x HEA for milk in coffee and on cereal
4 syns for the dessertspoon of sugar on cereal (not level)
13 syns for 100mls fresh orange juice
6 syns for crusts off children's toast with butter on
11 syns for 2 glasses of champagne (142mls each)
2 syns for drizzle of sauce on prawns
4 syns for cream in mashed potato
18 syns for dollop of stuffing
5 syns for potatoes in oil
3 syns for parsnips in oil
HEB for 113gms turkey
6 syns for gravy
4 syns for cranberry sauce (not level tablespoon)
5½ syns for champagne
30 syns for bottle of white wine
3 syns for testing brandy sauce several times
4 syns for potatoes from children's plates
5 syns for testing cheeses
10 syns for crackers
6 syns for Camembert
4 syns for 50mls port
17½ syns for Roses chocs
7 syns for 2 slices brown bread
2 syns for cranberry jelly
4½ syns for 2oz turkey
6 syns for stuffing
13 syns for mince pie
15 syns for 2oz Christmas cake
16 syns for good slug of Baileys
3 syns for 2 After Eight mints
3 syns for extra milk

238½ syns

and that's just Christmas Day......what about Boxing Day and the New Year?

Whoooops +13.5 for me! Roll on the New Year!!!

My class was cancelled :-( Too many people couldn't make it, so no weigh in for me today. Wish I knew how much damage I had done as it would limit the further destruction this week. But I know that whatever happens I will be back on track in Jan.

Whoooops +13.5 for me! Roll on the New Year!!!

That's some going. Hopefully it's mainly a digestive system malfunction and you'll lose it pretty quickly next week.

Back