Thursday Weighers

Might not get to WI for the next few weeks (hosp appt) today then operation next week.

But good luck to everyone! :) xx

Might not get to WI for the next few weeks (hosp appt) today then operation next week.

But good luck to everyone! :) xx
Good luck with the operation. Speedy recovery!!!

Luckily you have no hope of gaining while eating hospital food:)

Well after last weeks 1lb gain, I am glad to report a 4lb loss this week :) :) So I now get my 2.5 stone award. I am over the moon!!!!

So to anyone thinking of not weighing because of a gain, go and get weight. Last weeks gain really did spur me on to stop messing around and follow the plan properly. It has taken me since Dec 8th to loose this half stone, exactly 2 months - I may not be the fastest looser but I know I will get there in the end no matter how long it takes.

First weigh in today and I've lost 1 lb feel really disappointed, I know its a loss and I should be pleased that it's.going in the right direction but still!!!!!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins

Well done for losing. Although it might not seem much it is still a loss. Stay positive and you lose more. It takes a couple of weeks for your body to adjust to the plan and start losing. Make sure you keep yourself hydrated as water alows toxins be flushed out.

I have been on the plan 7 weeks and have lost 12.5lbs. I know may not seem much but it is a loss. Losing gradually means I can maintain it longer and physically started showing as well. Yesterday, a family member who had not seen me for 3 weeks commented on my weight loss which made my day. Also I feel much better and more confidence. Taken up some gentle exercise too which encourages me sticking to the plan.

Do not give up, stay positive and it comes off.

Hi sorry sent that before finished. Have lost about four pds as really just started the program proper two wks ago. Had got sidetracked but hopefully now on the path.

I have been avoiding the home scales with a VENGEANCE...
I deliberately set my scales to show kg. what I look for is a downward trend. However, I know I should ditch them but I confess "I'm a scale addict" lol. I don't get hung up on fluctuations but if it goes down in numbers and stays down, it usually means a loss. The real result is tonight at WI (5.30pm). I'll be drinking lots of water and not eating after 1pm lol.

Fairymary said:
Well after last weeks 1lb gain, I am glad to report a 4lb loss this week :) :) So I now get my 2.5 stone award. I am over the moon!!!!

So to anyone thinking of not weighing because of a gain, go and get weight. Last weeks gain really did spur me on to stop messing around and follow the plan properly. It has taken me since Dec 8th to loose this half stone, exactly 2 months - I may not be the fastest looser but I know I will get there in the end no matter how long it takes.

You and me are the same, my losing is taking forever! 4 stones in 10 months, loads of people do that in 4 months on here! But... It's a marathon not a sprint, unfortunately!

Well done for 4lb off, that's ace! Hope I do as well tonight!!

I deliberately set my scales to show kg. what I look for is a downward trend. However, I know I should ditch them but I confess "I'm a scale addict" lol. I don't get hung up on fluctuations but if it goes down in numbers and stays down, it usually means a loss. The real result is tonight at WI (5.30pm). I'll be drinking lots of water and not eating after 1pm lol.

I'm just afraid that if I see I've lost, I get complacent and if I've gained, I'll get fed up because the consultant and class aren't there to remotivate me! My losses are so small that I probably wouldn't notice a trend so the latter would likely happen!

If in the case of miracle, I get a 1.5lb loss tonight giving me my half stone award, I'm going to treat myself to a pair of boots I seen online half price in a sale!

I don't need them but good behaviour should be rewarded right?? ;)

Looking for a bit of advice really, have been going to SW for 5 weeks now and so far have lost 1 stone 2.5 lbs, yay!
but, I absolutely hate going to class, I'm not a fan of all the happy clapping and your own personal weight loss/gains being talked about infront of everyone. I've got a good handle on the diet and think I might just start weighing myself at home, saving a fiver a week and the red face I always get when it gets round to "my turn"
what do you guys think?

sammiedoodle said:
Looking for a bit of advice really, have been going to SW for 5 weeks now and so far have lost 1 stone 2.5 lbs, yay!
but, I absolutely hate going to class, I'm not a fan of all the happy clapping and your own personal weight loss/gains being talked about infront of everyone. I've got a good handle on the diet and think I might just start weighing myself at home, saving a fiver a week and the red face I always get when it gets round to "my turn"
what do you guys think?

Hi Hun I have never been to class, bought myself the books from eBay and in 5 weeks have lost 15.5lbs so as long as you have the willpower you should be fine going it alone :) x

Hi Hun I have never been to class, bought myself the books from eBay and in 5 weeks have lost 15.5lbs so as long as you have the willpower you should be fine going it alone :) x

Really? that's great, well done!! we've lost about the same amount of weight and you've saved about £30!!
Think I might just go it alone, I'm pretty determined to lose the baby blubber.

thanks for the input xx :D

sammiedoodle said:
what do you guys think?

I think that there isn't just one way to suit everyone in terms of motivation. As for me, I absolutely love class and have made some great friends. Having to weigh in each week is a big thing to keep me on the straight and narrow. I know that for me it would be too easy to have the odd week off here and there. By going and then staying to class, the thought of not losing really pushes me onwards.
I haven't got the same willpower doing it at home, and I know that from previous attempts.
That said, there are lots of people not attending class on here and the support you will get by being actively on here may be sufficient to keep you on track.
Good luck!!

Back