Thursday Weighers

nadine21 said:
Debating whether or not to get weighed tomorrow since I have been on holiday and weighed myself(stupidly) and the scales said I was 3lbs up!-cries- have been super good since I got back on Sunday but doubt I'll of worked that off! I'm thinking I just bite the bladdy bullet see what the damage is and move on but there's a sly voice in my head saying I will of put more than 3lbs on :( x

Lost 2lbs!!!!!! Chuffed with that considering I've been away at the weekend n had to eat out all weekend! Happy I came now!!!! X

I think that there isn't just one way to suit everyone in terms of motivation. As for me, I absolutely love class and have made some great friends. Having to weigh in each week is a big thing to keep me on the straight and narrow. I know that for me it would be too easy to have the odd week off here and there. By going and then staying to class, the thought of not losing really pushes me onwards.
I haven't got the same willpower doing it at home, and I know that from previous attempts.
That said, there are lots of people not attending class on here and the support you will get by being actively on here may be sufficient to keep you on track.
Good luck!!

There are a couple of "ladies" that attend my class and every time I start to talk I can hear them both gigling and whispering like a pair of school girls, then I just get redder and redder in the face, it's like being back at school with the mean girls!! lol
I can alsways go back if I find I'm falling by the wayside I suppose xx

thank you x

I deliberately set my scales to show kg. what I look for is a downward trend. However, I know I should ditch them but I confess "I'm a scale addict" lol. I don't get hung up on fluctuations but if it goes down in numbers and stays down, it usually means a loss. The real result is tonight at WI (5.30pm). I'll be drinking lots of water and not eating after 1pm lol.

My name is Shelley... and I too, am a Scale Addict :scale: xx

I don't let the fluctuations bother me, and I'm not one to get disheartened or complaicant should I see a particular trend... I just like that I can get on my scales knowing that they will never read 12st 4lbs ever again!!

And in a months time I will be able to get on my scales and they will never say 11st 5.5lbs ever again (as they did this morning):D

My scales are very different to the SW ones which put me at 11st 3.5lbs last week. I think I have gained but not because of what my scales say :rolleyes:

Lots of water for me too, and a light lunch of fruit and yogurt :greenapple:

under 6 hours to goooo.

aw_bless said:
Well done you!!!

You def need to throw out those pesky home scales! ;)

Thanks so much!! I just thought what the heck- Gooooo! And when I got there I was pleasantly surprised, more thrilled at the fact I've gone away and enjoyed myself and managed to get straight back on plan! This was a big test for me so I'm happy and can't wait for next week! Good luck to those still to be weighed and well done for the losses so far! Xx

No drinking after 3pm??? Why? Is this like not eating to weigh less?

I drink gallons of water generally so I couldn't go that long, I'd be too thirsty! I eat normally on my WI day, I could argue that's why my losses are so small but generally I think it all evens out - I'd rather not feel deprived. Not feeling deprived is the reason I'm doing SW in the first place.

I drink gallons of water generally so I couldn't go that long, I'd be too thirsty! I eat normally on my WI day, I could argue that's why my losses are so small but generally I think it all evens out - I'd rather not feel deprived. Not feeling deprived is the reason I'm doing SW in the first place.

You are right!!
I drink lots of water, if I don't my body holds on to every drop so makes me heavier anyway.

I do eat mostly fruit and yogurt before weigh in... makes not one bit of difference to my weight journey, but I'm reluctant to change this habit for some reason. Fruit and yogurt never hurt anyone though :D

I know I know! It prob doesn't make any difference but I've got a thing where nothing passes my lips between 3 and 7pm on a Thu. Probably a waste of time but there you go.
But I do make sure I've had lots to drink before 3pm!!

Oh no!!! I gave in and got on my home scales, they say i've gained!!! I have been 100% this week and stayed under 10 syns most days, I'm going to cry if I get to class at 5.30 and its a gain!!! I really want my 2.5 stone award, I got my 2 stone in march last year (yes, I have been RUBBISH! I must be Sw's favourite customer!) But got my head back in it now and realllllllly want that next award!!!!!

Oh no!!! I gave in and got on my home scales, they say i've gained!!! I have been 100% this week and stayed under 10 syns most days, I'm going to cry if I get to class at 5.30 and its a gain!!! I really want my 2.5 stone award, I got my 2 stone in march last year (yes, I have been RUBBISH! I must be Sw's favourite customer!) But got my head back in it now and realllllllly want that next award!!!!!

I'm in the same boat! I first got my 3st award this time last year, the closest I've been to 3.5st was the week before Xmas!? I still haven't lost what I put on over Xmas & New year yet!! Hopefully tonight that will have finally gone!

More positive about the whole thing than I have been before.

You and me are the same, my losing is taking forever! 4 stones in 10 months, loads of people do that in 4 months on here! But... It's a marathon not a sprint, unfortunately!

Well done for 4lb off, that's ace! Hope I do as well tonight!!

You've done brilliantly and should not be disappointed. Losing weight at a lower pace means that you can maintain the loss longer. In a way you have introduce the loss gradually to your life to get used to it.

Looking for a bit of advice really, have been going to SW for 5 weeks now and so far have lost 1 stone 2.5 lbs, yay!
but, I absolutely hate going to class, I'm not a fan of all the happy clapping and your own personal weight loss/gains being talked about infront of everyone. I've got a good handle on the diet and think I might just start weighing myself at home, saving a fiver a week and the red face I always get when it gets round to "my turn"
what do you guys think?

Congratulations on your massive loss.

I do it from home and so far with the help of everyone on the forum have done alright. I've put the weekly group fee in a box and will be treating myself to an item of clothing this weekend- present to myself for my birthday.

sleepytimesadie said:
A one pound loss for me this week... slowly but surely... xx

Well done chelle xx

Well done all losers today!x

nadine21 said:
Just thought I'd report that after having reached my 3 stone award last week, I have today tried on an old pair of jeans which have sat in my wardrobe with the tags on for years, they are 2 sizes smaller than when I started sw 14 weeks ago and they fit me! Couldn't believe my eyes! I remember getting them home and tying to pull them on and they would not go past my knees, I cried then out of sadness and disappointment and i cried today with happiness! Absolutely over the moon! Just goes to show that together.. We can do it!!! X x

Well done!! That's totally amazing. I just got my 1 stone award and pressing on towards 1 1/2... Will hopefully be crying with tears of joy when I get into my cream lace dress that's hanging with tags for the past three years. I refuse to give it away or sell it! I will wear it!!!!

sallyally1979 said:
Hi all, hope that its ok for me to join in the Thursday club! I'm doing the online SW but had a dire start to it in September but am determined to shift this nasty weight in the new year now. Holiday booked yesterday for May so I hope that will give me the kick up the backside I need! xx

Welcome to sw! And to Thursday weigh in--- which I think is the best day for weigh in:) wee . I've lost my first stone n have never been as determined to loose the weight before. Once I kicked the first two weeks of sugar withdrawal ( biscuits, sweets, chocolate addict!) the plan is so easy. It's making lifestyle changes. ( of course I have a bender now n then!)
Kathy x

Back