Thursday Weighers

Maybe hate is the wrong word? Resent is more like it. I'm just being all miserable and fed up with pretty much everything so of course SW is included in that. The only thing that is keeping me vaguely on plan is the guilt - if I stop this then I will never drop the weight I need to lose to get my life moving in the right direction and to enable me to have what I want the most in life.

I want it, I really do want it. I just wish everything didn't have to be such a slog sometimes. Of course that's life, I know that. Doesn't stop me wishing. x

I know its easy for me to say as I haven't got the pressure that you have of the reason to lose weight but can you try and not resent/hate it(though I do myself at times!) because hopefully it will be what gets youto wwhere you want to be with what you want to have? With losse like below!:) Wishing you loads of luck with your busy week ahead! Lots of planning needed for a good week? x
Well, I feel like I have put on 20lbs but have somehow lost 1lb! After the week I've had it's a bonus as I expected nothing. This week coming will be a challenge as I'm moving house so fitting in decent food will be tricky. Plus more trips to the doctors to discuss what the hell we are going to do with me and my uncooperative body. :/ I'll do well to lose anything next week so wish me luck! x

*Emsie* said:
I know its easy for me to say as I haven't got the pressure that you have of the reason to lose weight but can you try and not resent/hate it(though I do myself at times!) because hopefully it will be what gets youto wwhere you want to be with what you want to have? With losse like below!:) Wishing you loads of luck with your busy week ahead! Lots of planning needed for a good week? x

I do try - and most of the time I succeed. This week has been a trying one tbh and all I've wanted is to be normal - a normal, regular person who can eat a big bar of choc without stressing and have babies without medical intervention. It's hard to accept that I'm not that person but that's life!

Feeling inspired today - read the new SW magazine and there was a lovely story about a woman who lost 8 stone, one of the reasons being to have fertility treatment (which was successful) - that's gonna be me! I can't fail - I will never forgive myself if I come out of this with nothing.

Planning has commenced for next week - I think there might be takeaways involved at least one night due to lack of cooking facilities so all I can do is make the best decisions I can and try not to worry too much. Thank you ladies for listening to me ramble! :) x

margarino said:
Another measly 1/2 pound off, i guess losing anything is better than gaining but am getting quite fed up with myself for not trying harder...

That's not bad at all! We could all try harder, I know I could. Don't beat yourself up or compare yourself to anyone else, just do the best you can :) (and yes, I know I'm a fine one to talk!)

missy1978 said:
That's not bad at all! We could all try harder, I know I could. Don't beat yourself up or compare yourself to anyone else, just do the best you can :) (and yes, I know I'm a fine one to talk!)

Thanks missy :) Just having a bit of a moment, probably because I'm peeved at my husband and I'm one of these people who internalises to avoid confrontation!

Can't remember if I posted but I STS last week, was really pleased with that as I'd lost the previous week adn bump seems to be getting big now!! I'm still 2.5 lbs less than when I found out I was pregnant and I'm 30 weeks today, yey!! Would love another STS or loss this week but I've not been great at the weekend, not awful but gone over my syns a little! Back on it 100% as of yesterday so we'll see what Thursday brings! Well done everyone that had a loss, chin up everyone that didn't, I hope we all have fab losses this week!!! :)

Well I've been 100% so far, going to the Footie tomorrow night which is going to involve a few vodkas but I've saved some syns up and don't intent in going over them. I'd like at least 2lbs this week as I've gained 1lb lost 1lb the last couple if weeks, so fingers crossed x

No chance this week - been moving house last few days and have eaten whatever has been put in front of me. Including pizza, choccie biccies and beer! Ooops :/

Just thought I would update that I am much happier this week though - had a much better doctors appointment and hoping to be referred for fertility investigations in January although I won't get any treatment until I've lost the weight. New house and (hopefully) a baby next year... Now I just need to lose the weight so I can get there! :)

Last edited:
Think I'm falling out of love with SW dreading weigh in despite being on plan all week. Think I'm just disheartened as I missed last week's weigh in so feel like I need to lose at least 4lbs to be happy this week and it isn't going to happen :-(

I fell off the wagon with a large bump! Never bothered going last week and don't want to tomorrow but I will force myself! I've enjoyed my fortnight off so line under and start a fresh! Hoping for no more than 5lb on lol

I fell off the wagon with a large bump! Never bothered going last week and don't want to tomorrow but I will force myself! I've enjoyed my fortnight off so line under and start a fresh! Hoping for no more than 5lb on lol

Make sure you go this week. As long as you enjoyed your holiday that's what matters. You can always get back on schedule when you return. When you stop enjoying holidays etc you might be tempted to give up SW.

You will be fine!

Bossman

Well 1/2 gain for me this week, expected though as went out bonfire night had full fat sausages, fried onions, white bread baps and several ciders, and other naughty things so hey ho back on track this week and hope for a loss next week.

Back