Thursday Weighers

Well done everyone on your weigh ins....I lost 1.5 lbs this week thats 9.5lbs for me in 3 weeks im happy with that

Lots of good losses this week, so well done everyone.
It's really frustrating when we try so hard and a tiny bit comes off, and it's all very week saying it's STILL a loss, but sometimes I'd love to speed things uo a b it, well I bet we all would. Just have to keep trying .......x

Lots of good losses this week, so well done everyone.
It's really frustrating when we try so hard and a tiny bit comes off, and it's all very week saying it's STILL a loss, but sometimes I'd love to speed things uo a b it, well I bet we all would. Just have to keep trying .......x

Well said Polly :)

Started sw this week and ill be getting weighed on a thurs, so fingers crossed I can stick it, im not hungry I just feel like I want to keep eating more like cravings

Hi Polly...........it takes awhile sometimes for your ticker to update, so not to worry.
Welcome to the Thursdays weigh in thread, I think we all post pretty regularly so it won't be long till you get to know us all.....I'm Polly too BTW.:)
Good luck on your journey, there's lots of support on here to help x

Good Luck everyone for tomorrow!! xx
fingers-crossed-smiley-emoticon.gif

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow here hoping for good WI by everyone xx

Morning! and a very good one at that.. had my second weigh in today and lost 6lbs! :eek: ..Total loss of 8lb and got my 1/2 stone award already, after just 2 weeks of sw! Very happy :D hope everyone is pleased with their results. xx

grrrrrrrrrrrr so not happy with results, been a lurker for a while on this thread, seeing everyone elses's losses motivates me! but i put on 2.5 this week and im really really really annoyed by it... i lost 3.5lb the week before and i felt like something clicked - but apparently not! been 4 weeks at this group lost 3.5lb, put on 2, lost 3.5lb put on 2.... what is wrong!!!!!! i had a heavy weekend but i really tried to syn everything, and keep on top. no more than 10 syns a day etc etc.... im not eating much during the day i wonder if thats affecting it? i dont feel hungry in the mornings then i have a biggish lunch (rice, chicken, enough superfree that its coming out of my ears!) then dinner. :mad:

i dont think the group i go to is great tbh, i think the consultants a bit rubbish- im thinking i might go it alone and just weigh in? seems like an awful waste of money to stand on a scale and be told ive put on weight. and i dont get support via texting or anything during the week. i know group is what you put in as well, but i try and get nothing from it? does anyone do it at home? how do they find it?

sorry rant over!!!

well done kc thats an amazing loss! just shows how the plan does work! xx

Well done KC that's brilliant. Alice why don't you post a food diary and see if we can help.

2lbs off for me today so back to my 4 stone award!

4lbs off for me this week was a nice surprise this morning! I do sw from home Alice as find it hard going at meetings with the baby. It is ok but so much easier to cheat yourself but aslong as you remain true and count everything it ses to be working for me!

2lbs off for me, so very happy about that. 5lbs for my Christmas target.
Alice you should always have breakfast, even if it's only a piece of fruit. I just have 1/2 a pink grapefruit & a coffee in the morning, but it gets your metabolism going. You'll do better if you have 3 meals a day, and then if you feel peckish have a piece of fruit and/or a low syn snack. I always keep a diary it only takes a couple of minutes, and it keeps you on track. What plan are you doing? I'm on Extra Easy....mainly because it suits me, and mostly because it's just what it says, easy...and it's easy to keep on track. My downside is that I don't have many syns, I don't have treats as such, but I never feel peckish because I have just what I want all day.I use my syns on decent gravy...salad cream.or whatever, I'd rather enjoy the meal I'm having than something chocolate. (and I LURVE chocolate!!) You need to find a plan that suits you and your lifestyle.
It took me awhile to pluck up courage to go to a group, but I needed to be accountable to someone else every week, just to make me stick to it, but now I really enjoy it. Unfortunately not ALL counsellors are the same, but how about getting yourself a slimming buddy....either on here or if you've made a friend at group. On here there's always someone to chat to, ask advice or whatever. Just remember that EVERYONE on here is trying to lose weight, so we're all on the same path. SW definitely works, so just try to stay on track.
I don't know why you've lost 2 x 3.5 lbs and then put 2 x 2lbs on again...that DOES seem odd...but it tells you on one thread, that to lose/gain 1 lb, you have to calculate 3,500 calories either way. Do you drink at the weekends, because alcohol can mount up pretty quick. Have a good read of your books, and perhaps you can see from there what's happening. Good luck, don't give up xx

WELL DONE< everyone! xx

I do sw from home Alice and I find it's working just fine. I didn't feel keen on joining a group as I could imagine myself just fobbing it off on some weeks if I wasn't feeling in the mood, so I signed up for a 3 month online membership.

Now I feel like I've learned the SW ropes succesfully, I'm wondering how much use the membership really is to me? I don't use the slimming world website that much, only to update my online food diary and weekly weigh in. It's useful for the syns online/calculator and obviously the start off books I got, but other than that I feel like I get most help from forums such as this one or other sites found through google! I think at the end of my 3 months I may just go it alone since I'll probably have all the knowledge I need.

In terms of what you're eating, try to get filled up on 3 good meals a day. At the moment I'm using a low amount of syns, around 5 a day and then use more on certain days if I'm eating out etc. Early days but, at the moment, I don't feel the need to eat outside of my 3 meals as I've made them fulfilling enough. Pile up on those superfree foods and eat after meals to satisfy your sweet tooth :)

Hi all. Well done on the losses!
I'm weighing in later but am expecting a large gain as I've derailed recently.

Going to group and staying tonight. May even do the new members chat again to try to refresh myself.

Have gained about 10lbs since my SW lowest and feel I need to gain control again before I regain all I lost. Posting as I'm hoping that being totally honest will help me - I've avoided posting on this thread the past few weeks due to my increasing weight.

Good luck for those left to weigh x

Ok - need advise asap!!!
After wks struggling should I admit defeat and set target tonight???
Ive lost 2st1lb upto last wi, will be at wi in 20min. Did hope to get to 9st but my body seems to be wanting be at 9st 7 mark!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my ST18i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi all. Well done on the losses!
I'm weighing in later but am expecting a large gain as I've derailed recently.

Going to group and staying tonight. May even do the new members chat again to try to refresh myself.

Have gained about 10lbs since my SW lowest and feel I need to gain control again before I regain all I lost. Posting as I'm hoping that being totally honest will help me - I've avoided posting on this thread the past few weeks due to my increasing weight.

Good luck for those left to weigh x

Hun back to basic/new starter helps
Fingers crossed for you!
You will do it!
:)

Well done everyone I lost another 1lb making 1 st 6lb in total in 7 weigh ins really wanted to lose 2 so I got one and half stone award. But hopefully will het it next week :)

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ok - need advise asap!!!
After wks struggling should I admit defeat and set target tonight???
Ive lost 2st1lb upto last wi, will be at wi in 20min. Did hope to get to 9st but my body seems to be wanting be at 9st 7 mark!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Ok gained a pound.
So - ive set target, get this pound off nxt wk then will be at target.

Back