Thursday Weighers

hi Im new and doing SW fro home is it ok to join you good people for some mutual support. I have a LONG way to go. My weigh in day is Thursday and after 4 weeks have lost 17lb yay ;-D

Hi Luciiiloo, I'm new on here but just wanted to say good luck for Thursday :)

You too good luck, had yo sushi for lunch with friend but avoided wine and going gym later x

Well done you. I'm not confident enough to be at the gym stage yet, or for that matter to be able to afford it, but just upping my walking and exercise dvd's at home at the mo. Will keep on though.

Know what you mean I am starting with a high energy Pilates class as thought that sounded nt too bad, as for money I decided I could part with the £35 a month as hopefully I will now save that on no alcohol !!!!

Hi all, just thought I'd write a little bit about me and me lifelong problems with my weight. Well I say lifelong..up until the age of 5 I was so skinny (would only eat fishfingers haha) my poor Mum was at her wits end with trying to get me to eat stuff. My Mum is an amazing cook but I just didnt want anything else. Then I started school and it all went pearshaped.. literally :-D By the time I left school at 18 I weighed 18 stones, I put a stone on of weight each year to match my age (not good). When I left school I tried WW, I did manage to lose 2 stones but was STARVING all the time so needless to say it all went back on in no time. So I turned to SW when I hit the age of 20, I lost 3 stones and felt great, I met my lovely Husband and we have been together now for 22 years. I have unfortunately put back on all of that weight over this time plus more. When I tipped the scales at 20st 01lb in August I had a word with myself and decided to get back onto SW post haste. I have managed to get some new SW books of Ebay and am going for it big style. Thanks for reading and with help and support we CAN get there together.

Thanks Kally! Early days still - but happy to have had such a positive start.

ohhowiwish - good luck! You know that it's worked before, and it's a big step to start again. Best of luck, and I look forward to hearing about your successes!

Thank you, that means a lot, and I hope its not long before I get to my next award, will keep you posted x P.S Have a great time in Florida and well done with your progress so far too x

Last edited:
Goodluck for Thursday everyone! I've been going just over a month now and have really got into it. Really hoping for a 2lb loss this Thurs because I've been so good this week!! My original aim was to lose a steady 1lb a week but I've become even more determined in the last few weeks and am now aiming for 2lb loss a week...

What is everyone else hoping for this week? And have you had a good or bad week?

Goodluck for Thursday everyone! I've been going just over a month now and have really got into it. Really hoping for a 2lb loss this Thurs because I've been so good this week!! My original aim was to lose a steady 1lb a week but I've become even more determined in the last few weeks and am now aiming for 2lb loss a week...

What is everyone else hoping for this week? And have you had a good or bad week?

Well done so far. Well like you I set out to hope to lose a steady 1 to 2lb a week (after the first week!!! ;-)) but now I think I will be a tad disappointed with a 1 or STS, with the stage that I am at and the amount I have to lose....so... fingers crossed. Good Luck to you too x

Back