Thursday Weighers

Shes been a lot better today thanks xx but now my son as started with sickness bug :(
Oh no - This time of year it never seems to stop, hope it doesn't take long for him to get over x

Oh no - This time of year it never seems to stop, hope it doesn't take long for him to get over x

Me too :( If hes ought like his sister he will stop but then have headache for a few days x

Welcome Siobhanh and Safia :grouphugg:Keep your journey posted on here and we'll all support and encourage you all the way.

Despite my 3lb gain last Saturday, I was stunned to find 5.5lbs melted off this week, probably burning and withering away from my disapproving glare. I'm so happy as I feel I'm back on track again.

Whatever those scales say to everyone, it's a fresh year and a fresh start. Lets make sure we get through this year in a lot healthier shape than we left the old one :)
Today was hit and miss because I wasn't prepared and I'm feeling super tired. Have booked in an appointment for a blood test on wednesday as I have a sneaky suspicion I'm low on iron as my hair is falling out in masses, the tiredness and some people have commented I look pale. Anyway tomorrow will be a lot better as I have everything planned out and shopped for x

Shes been a lot better today thanks xx but now my son as started with sickness bug :(
Oh I hope he feels better soon x
We had the sickness bug here last month and all 4 of my children had it one after the other so it was like a whole week of sicky vomity children everywhere and I'm still trying to get through the ironing from last month! x

Thanks for the welcome, I am following the extra easy programme. I went to the classes about a year ago and did well initially had lost 1 1/2 stone but had a few medical problems and missed a few classes and fell off the wagon. So now I am going to do it myself at home with the support of the forum. I am inspired by some of the losses. I am interested in the amount of exercise people are managing? I find it hard to work it in some days

When I started SW, I started going to the gym 3 times a week and between that and the diet, the weight fell off me initially (9lb first week, 5.5lbs second). As it got colder and wetter I have stopped going to the gym but I'm still managing to lose weight. When the weather picks up a bit I may start gymming it again just to see if it did help with amazing numbers I was getting back then. Personally I think it was my body going into shock as it was no longer receiving regular doses of chocolate and ice cream.

Oh I hope he feels better soon x
We had the sickness bug here last month and all 4 of my children had it one after the other so it was like a whole week of sicky vomity children everywhere and I'm still trying to get through the ironing from last month! x

oh heck x luckily both kids are ok today so must have been a 24hr thing

This is my first weigh in so I am starting at 17st 4lb, it pains me to even type the numbers, hopefully This is the last time I will see those numbers on the scales.

Welcome Siobhan from another Siobhan!!!

I started with Slimming World back in August and am 1 lb off having lost 3 stone!! You'll find some FANTASTIC support and a FAB bunch of people on here :grouphugg:

I'm sure you'll do great!!!

Today was hit and miss because I wasn't prepared and I'm feeling super tired. Have booked in an appointment for a blood test on wednesday as I have a sneaky suspicion I'm low on iron as my hair is falling out in masses, the tiredness and some people have commented I look pale. Anyway tomorrow will be a lot better as I have everything planned out and shopped for x

Welcome Safia!

Great site for support and encouragement!!!

Wishing you the very best of luck with SW - I'm sure you'll do great once you get back in with the swing of it :D

When I started SW, I started going to the gym 3 times a week and between that and the diet, the weight fell off me initially (9lb first week, 5.5lbs second). As it got colder and wetter I have stopped going to the gym but I'm still managing to lose weight. When the weather picks up a bit I may start gymming it again just to see if it did help with amazing numbers I was getting back then. Personally I think it was my body going into shock as it was no longer receiving regular doses of chocolate and ice cream.

I found that the weeks I did a nice bit of exercise were weeks where I lost very little on the scales! I try to do a session of aqua aerobics and at least two in the gym during the week when I can although I haven't been able to go to the gym for the last couple of weeks what with one thing or another. But even though the weeks I did extra in the way of exercise and didn't see a good loss on the scales although I was disappointed I still continue with the exercise as this is healthy and will help tone up, etc..... I'm sorry I didn't take my measurements when I started as the losses may not always show up on the scales but may be there with inches....

Hi , thanks for the replies it's very encouraging. Got out for a cycle this morning and felt great. I will be concentrating on at home fitness regime. I find it very hard to fit in a gym visit between work, school pick ups, homework and sports. If I am honest I hate the gym but love the pool. So have decided to make an effort to cycle, walk, use the cross trainer and use the boys weights. Need to plan my food for the next few days. If I leave to chance it's a disaster. What do they say fail to an, plan to fail!

hi everyone. hope ye all had a lovely christmas. i for one did and the scales are showing it too. between xmas the new year and the childs party im up 3pound. im ragin with myself but luck i can say i enjoyed the festive season. i werent counting syns. but now its monday the 5th and the day is over and i had a terrible first day. really need some motivation or tips on how to get bk into the swing of things

Hi all, how are ye all finding this week so far (I know it's only midway through Tuesday but it feels like a month already.....)

I, for one, am finding it very tough this week. I don't think it's being back on plan, as I was more or less on plan last week too (except for maybe a little bit of New Year's Eve and New Year's Day) so didn't have any crap really last week, so don't think it's withdrawal :confused:. Maybe it's being back at work, or the weather being cold and damp? I don't know; all I know is that I am craving major junk food! I was having my soup and bagel for my lunch and while I didn't know what I did want to stuff my face with, I knew it wasn't what I had! I don't even feel motivated this week... I was going to try the new SP for a couple of days as I honestly don't think I could cope without carbs for a whole week, but haven't managed even one day of it yet, although I suppose I have been good in that I haven't gone off plan.

Does anyone else feel like bleugggghhhh too?

Me, me, me!!! Really struggling with temptation this week. After giving in to whatever I fancied last week I really can't get my head back in the zone, cravings for all sorts of naughtiness, been good so far and went back to Zumba last night. Really really need a good loss this week. Also being back on plan is making me bloated and windy and I'm weeing all the time again, not fun :(

Hi Everyone, just to make it official - I have set myself a new mini goal of another 2 stones off by Easter......here goes xx

Yes ive also found this week hard work. I personally think its because i had so much crap over xmas that my body is craving sugar and extra food. Luckily this half of week as been easier but the first half was awful :(

Back