Thursday Weighers

Down 1/2lb - big exercise kick planned for this week. Hoping to be much happier next Thursday!

got 1/2lb off last night im officially at my sticking point.

I seem to get to this weight and o a bit haywire so hoping for another loss next week!!!

1/2 lb off for me this week. Always seem to have small losses when I do exercise, but am going to stick at it...

Well done 1/2lb is 1/2lb, and yes I find that with exercise too. I am currently trying to do a 1hr Rosemary Conley exercise DVD at home every other night as well as walking the dog. Unfortunately I have a desk job so sit on my ariss most of the day which does not help so I try and make up for that on a weekend and get out walking with hubby and dog as much as possible.

I know Rosemary Conley is a bit old hat nowadays....but....when I lost 3stones (about 21 years ago!!!!) I did her DVD every day and the difference it made in a very short space of time to my bodyshape was amazing, so I 'm sticking with her on the exercise front for now until i've lost quite a bit more then I'll see what else is out there DVD wise......no way I can face a gym......never....ever......ever....well maybe if I ever get near goal haha xx

forgot to comment here on thursday but down 2 and a half pounds delighted with myself . my really wanna get a take away tonight. or something really naughty.

Lost 2.5lb this week

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Congratulations on all the losses x

Yup, exactly. It was so nice to see everyone last night, after a week off. I knew I'd have a gain (I was expecting more), but everyone was so positive and supportive.

Yes its lovely xx

Well done 1/2lb is 1/2lb, and yes I find that with exercise too. I am currently trying to do a 1hr Rosemary Conley exercise DVD at home every other night as well as walking the dog. Unfortunately I have a desk job so sit on my ariss most of the day which does not help so I try and make up for that on a weekend and get out walking with hubby and dog as much as possible.

I know Rosemary Conley is a bit old hat nowadays....but....when I lost 3stones (about 21 years ago!!!!) I did her DVD every day and the difference it made in a very short space of time to my bodyshape was amazing, so I 'm sticking with her on the exercise front for now until i've lost quite a bit more then I'll see what else is out there DVD wise......no way I can face a gym......never....ever......ever....well maybe if I ever get near goal haha xx

Y dont you replace ur chair with an exercise ball and bounce all day it will burh the calories x

Hi - Can I join you?

I weigh in Thursday evenings, I put on 2.5lbs over Christmas and feel my weight loss has slowed right down since late November. I lost 1.5 lbs last weigh in and whilst I happy with that I haven't lost anything over 1.5 for weeks and weeks, most weeks it's either 0.5 or 1lb. I did EE SP fr 10 days and my loss was only 1.5lbs - I was gutted. I'm starting to get a little bit fed up and can see myself falling off of the wagon.

I need motivation and have looked through my recipe books and chosen 7 meals for the coming week in the hope that organisation is key to a good weight loss.

Anyone else feeling this way?

x

Hi little welcome to Thursday weighers. It is very hard to keep motivated when your losses are small. The thing is they are losses and each lb counts. Planning the week really works for me and writing everything down as I feel I am really accountable. I am very good at turning the blind eye!!!. I am hoping this week is better for you. If you lose 1 lb a week that's 52lbs in a year just under 4 stone. So celebrate the small losses they all add up?

I'm a Thursday Weigher :)

I am one of 2 guys at my club, otherwise its around 30 women, but its all good :) I get some great support and everyone is coming along nicely :)

I'm sitting on my @ss all day at work too ohhowiwish. It really is hard when I probably only walk a couple of steps every day...

Well done on you for doing the DVD - whatever works for you, whether it's new or old, is the way to go! As for the gym, well I'm much bigger than you are (even bigger than you were when you started!) and find that the gym was daunting at the start but I think that the thought of going was worse than actually going, if you know what I mean. I do aqua-aerobics and am starting zumba tonight. I work out in the gym too and while it is hard walking out especially in my swimsuit, I'm not going to stop as I'll never be fitter and healthier if I stop going. And if others have something to say about me, well let them. I was the one who always hid away and made excuse after excuse but not anymore. So don't be afraid of the gym if you really want to go and want a change from Rosemary Conley!

Hey,
I'm a newbie looking to start soon, All my local slimming world groups I can attend seem to be on a Thursday!
Hoping you all dont mind me joining in! :)
All the best for everyone tonight! :)

Welcome Crazeyace!

You'll find a great bunch on here, all ready with great tips, encouragement and support.

Best of luck on your journey :)

Hi - Can I join you?

I weigh in Thursday evenings, I put on 2.5lbs over Christmas and feel my weight loss has slowed right down since late November. I lost 1.5 lbs last weigh in and whilst I happy with that I haven't lost anything over 1.5 for weeks and weeks, most weeks it's either 0.5 or 1lb. I did EE SP fr 10 days and my loss was only 1.5lbs - I was gutted. I'm starting to get a little bit fed up and can see myself falling off of the wagon.

I need motivation and have looked through my recipe books and chosen 7 meals for the coming week in the hope that organisation is key to a good weight loss.

Anyone else feeling this way?

x

Hi little, I usually lose 0.5 or 1 lb a week and only occasionally have bigger losses. It is very hard when others are losing 2.5 lbs to 5 lbs a week and doing exactly the same as you are! And I have so much more to lose than many of the others at my group who are losing loads more weekly than me, but I have come around and now accept that my body will lose the weight slowly and once it's going down I'll take it. I plan and stick to plan and this is the way my path is going. I too tried SP and only lost 1 lb.

Some weeks there I have worked my @ss off with exercise and stuck religiously to plan only to have a 0.5 lb loss, but as Siobhanh said a 1 lb loss a week is almost 4 stone in a year.

Sorry, I have no advice for you or tricks to share but just wanted to let you know that you're not alone and there are quite a few of us out there who are in similar boats. Stick with it and you'll get to target! xx

I'm a Thursday Weigher :)

I am one of 2 guys at my club, otherwise its around 30 women, but its all good :) I get some great support and everyone is coming along nicely :)

Welcome nephilim,

Well done on you for joining a group. It must be a bit intimidating to join a group of mainly women but you've the hardest bit behind you now. And soon all those women will be so jealous of you! Best of luck on your journey and you'll find this site great for motivation, support and hints/tips!

Thanks Siobahan and Shivermetimbers :)

I was just feeling a bit meh! Loads of new members at the moment all losing big time and I really don't want to quit. I always said I'd be OK as long as I was losing, which I am, just not much.

So far I've had good days this week, Friday I did have quite a few syns, but I got back on track and have planned dinner every night for the week, All from Slimming World cookbooks, so should be heading for a decent loss.

Fingers crossed

Thanks for the warm welcome people!

I'm finding across the board, to pre-plan and even prepare and freeze for the week seems to keep people on track and more sucessful! Going to try and do a bulk cook at weekends maybe to last through out the week. Especially as I get home from work at 6:30ish so late once I've cooked. If I even cook if its been a stressfull day at the office. Must plan and prepare better for these times of days!

Hope you all had a fab weekend!!! :) x

Thanks for the warm welcome people!

I'm finding across the board, to pre-plan and even prepare and freeze for the week seems to keep people on track and more sucessful! Going to try and do a bulk cook at weekends maybe to last through out the week. Especially as I get home from work at 6:30ish so late once I've cooked. If I even cook if its been a stressfull day at the office. Must plan and prepare better for these times of days!

Hope you all had a fab weekend!!! :) x

Nailed it! Planning really helps. I don't get home til 6.30 most nights, by the time I've waited for busses and traffic. That doesn't include the evenings I'm out for various reasons. We also don't have a freezer; but I find having a plan and knowing what I'm aiming to get on the table really helps me. I also do big things of pasta and sauce, which can be re-purposed to salads or pasta bake later in the week.

Back