Thyroxine

TraceyH28

Anyone on here doing this after a thyroidectomy ? Would be interested in any success stories please xx

I haven't had that op done, but I do take levothyroxine 150mcg each day and managed to lose weight still? Sorry doesn't really answer your question! x

Yes I was on over 200 when I was first diagnosed but it seems to have settled down a bit. I consistently lost 3lb a week for a couple of months with milk and a little protein so you should be fine. I generally have a little coconut too, which I read somewhere was good for thyroid issues. I like it anyway ;) x

I take 175mg each day and everything has been OK - apart from feeling so cold which is constant.
I'll have a read-up on coconut too.
Good luck with your journey.

Thank you, I am doing fine just seems very slow weigh loss I have been stuck at the same point on the scales since Monday seriously considering joining a gym. Good luck too x

Yes my weight has slowed considerably now too, but I do eat quite a bit as well (low/no carb). There's a lady on an american website (about.com?), who also suffers with thyroid, and she always said low carb was the best kind of diet for anyone with thyroid issues. Mary shomonon or something? I used to subscribe to her emails years ago when i was first diagnosed and thought I was going a little crazy!! I'm pretty sure I read it there somewhere on there? Shes big in taking on the pharmaceutical companies and docs who say we're ok and within range, when its not right if you're feeling tired etc.

Sorry for rambling on ;-) x

No its fine, not everyone understands so its nice to hear from fellow sufferers, I am doing TS with the odd planned low carb day and would like to lose about 2 and a half stone before Christmas. You have done brilliantly

I have found this lady Mary Shomon and done a bit of research, thank you for the info. It seems that lots of things could possibly affect the absorption of levothyroxine so will tweak a few things and see if it makes a difference.

Back