Tiggertoes on Atkins

Alpaca said:
OMG... Those pics look good enough to eat TT!! Lol xxx

Thanks Di. I love grilled Aubergine. I would sell my soul for it ;) Aubergine on everything!!

That bake looks deliiiicious. I love aubergine too. That's on my list of things to make for sure.

Dex is indeed my own ginger serial killer. equally charming and equally dangerous with sharp objects.

Not much interesting on the menu front today. A little bit if this and that here and there. Mainly meat and cheese and veg. Too hot to bother with anything fancy.

That and we spent most of the afternoon in Thomas Cook. Decided this morning on going to Dubai for 10 days in August. It was going to be Turkey but that's ludicrously overpriced in Aug. Never been to Dubai so I'm squeaking with excitement!!

Now if I can only shift two stone by then...

Last edited:
Dubai , fantastic! Keep going and you'll get the 2 stone off, nothing is impossible :) :)

I'm totally crazy about Dexter. I've also been waiting for what feels like forever! 30 Sept in the diary thank you very much!! ;)

Dubai is going to be the 5 s's swimming, sleeping, sunning, shopping and sex (s'cuse the filth). All the things that a good holiday should be about.

I was told about Ramadan but tour operator guaranteed us that it's not too bad on the tourists. I think as long as everyone respects each other and goes about things in a sensible manner we should be ok (hub has already been briefed on smuggling the bottles of water). Staying right on the beach in the Jumeirha area. I'm so excited. Lots of long cool drinks planned on my sun lounger by the infinity pool ;) it's a first for me and I have a feeling it won't be the last judging by the standards out there.

Marrakech sounds magical. My OH really wants to go there. Arabian nights and spices and sand. That's what dreams are made of.

Oh dear, I have to stay away from the shops at the mo. This heat will lead me into icecream temptation and that's dangerous. I can say no to just about everything but icecream is my crack on a hot day. Good going on the cheese choice. I'm so allergic to bread the thought of the effect it has on me puts me right off. I don't ever miss it anymore. Only rice and chips every so often.

Anyhow. Not sure I'll be a le to sleep tonight with all this excitement. Might need to take a cold shower before bed ;)

Have a great night everyone. :D

Last edited:
Great idea 5s s;). Avoid icecream temptation at all cost!

Kat1e said:
Great idea 5s s;). Avoid icecream temptation at all cost!

I will :)

I think I might make my own s/f version. I'm going to consult my food lab tomorrow ;)

None of you go the sneaky download route with your American shows? It's how I watch almost everything these days.

moonlights said:
None of you go the sneaky download route with your American shows? It's how I watch almost everything these days.

We are too scared of getting a knock on the door for that. My OH used to grab loads but hasn't done it for about 4 years. We have TiVo which is pretty cool. So much to watch and record. We have LoveFilm and Netflix to so really a endless supply of tv and movie entertainment.

Last edited:
I think you will have a wonderful time caravanning on the Island. You will all be together and that's all that matters. Holidays these days are so readily available and affordable that we can go almost anywhere in the world at anytime.

I must admit I'm also worried about the heat and not being able to drink water (or cocktails) all the time because I am always thirsty to. Can't walk for more then 10 minutes without stopping for a drink. So we will see how things work when we get there. I'm greatly looking forward to the Arabian Beach tents that are up everywhere during Ramadan. Music playing till late in the night, huge feasts of food and drink and everyone dancing and being happy. The thought gives me goosebumps.

Today has been a non-day really. I'm back on nights again tonight and tomorrow night and I've been clock-watching since I got up at 6 this morning :(

So it goes in the life of a shift worker...

Menus for the day:
I had nowt but a cup of coffee for brekkie. Got sidetracked into doing some paperwork and filing and when I looked at the clock it had gone lunchtime.

L:
Some cheese 70g (Brie and wensleydale- of the plain variety)
Mattesons smoked pork sausage 50g
Smoked Salmon. 70g
Scratchings 20g

D:
150g cod loin
Cauliflower mash 200g
Broccoli 100g
Cream curry sauce 50ml

Total carbs 18g

I made my own adaptation to fish curry. I really fancied a fish curry but I couldn't be bothered to cook one. So instead I grilled some cod steaks and made a creamy curry sauce with water, curry powder, butter, garlic and onion granules and added some double cream at the end. It was really light and very tasty.

I've noticed that my tastes are changing. I made mash for the bean pole instead and I was really repulsed by the smell of the potato. And when I had my cauli mash I could distinctively taste sugar. No sugar was added to my fresh raw cauli... Light tastes are becoming more pronounced for me and heavens knows how I got on in the old days smothering everything in BBQ sauce and ketchup...

Anyway, I'm off to get ready for the long night ahead. So enthusiastic after 2 weeks off work. I don't know if it shows... :( :( :(

I hope everyone is doing really well and I probably won't be back for a couple of days so happy slimming everyone :D

Tata for now. xxx

Attachments

• image-417450389.jpg
    image-417450389.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 40
  • image-366674728.jpg
    image-366674728.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Hi Chan, your meals look lovely, especially the fish curry, isn't it strange how our taste buds change ? I got family food from chippy the other night and I wasn't tempted by even one chip, made myself a tuna Mayo salad instead!:)
Your holiday sounds amazing, we are off to Bratislavia for a wedding at the end of June and to Turkey in August, really can't wait. Giving me an incentive to carry on with 30 day shred. Happy to be your guinea pig with it!!
Hope work passes quickly :)

slaj said:
Hi Chan, your meals look lovely, especially the fish curry, isn't it strange how our taste buds change ? I got family food from chippy the other night and I wasn't tempted by even one chip, made myself a tuna Mayo salad instead!:)
Your holiday sounds amazing, we are off to Bratislavia for a wedding at the end of June and to Turkey in August, really can't wait. Giving me an incentive to carry on with 30 day shred. Happy to be your guinea pig with it!!
Hope work passes quickly :)

So true. The thought of battered fish and chips actually makes my stomach churn a bit right now. I couldn't do it again. Such a glutton I once was :(

I could do it again, and possibly will this weekend, but tastes certainly do change. I'm not sure I'll ever live without regular cauli and celeriac again.

Fish curry looks delish.

Morning TT - nice menus and pictures:)

Ahoy me maties...

Nights done! and with it 2.2lbs!!!! :bliss:
I had a sneaky WI yesterday and I'm really glad I did!

Nights were good. I nibbled on babybel and ham through the night and had a few handfuls of peanuts to keep my energy up. Slept all day yesterday and was offered some overtime for covering the Jubilee weekend so I am back at work today and tomorrow... oh and Monday to Friday next week.... I have a feeling I might regret this by next weekend... :faint2:

Not much to report really.

Yesterday:
D:
Pork in mushroom and cream sauce.
Half a roasted aubergine & half a roasted courgette.
Rhubarb with whipped cream -I made some jelly with the strained juice to.
Large diet coke with lots of ice.

Today the lads at work are doing a "big boy" fry up so I am definitely having that and I have some left over roasted veg leftover from last night's dinner. Packed my cheese and scratching and some of my smoked pork sausage for lunch and dinner.

I think it's going to be a long weekend and I really wish I was a spectator rather than a service provider tomorrow but hey-ho, we are expecting around 1milion extra bodies on the river banks today.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the festivities. :king2:

Have a fabulous Jubilee weekend.

Over and Out. x

Attachments

• image-1430301392.jpg
    image-1430301392.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 39
  • image-1930076242.jpg
    image-1930076242.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 31
  • image-2113053539.jpg
    image-2113053539.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Hi Tiggertoes, just catching up on some new diaries. Well done on the 2 lbs.

Love your food and aubergines.

Holiday sounds great. :)

coffeelover said:
Hi Tiggertoes, just catching up on some new diaries. Well done on the 2 lbs.

Love your food and aubergines.

Holiday sounds great. :)

Thanks CL. Finally the scales are moving.

Awesome, well done on the loss! Yum on the food, too!

Back