Tiggertoes on Atkins

Ugh what a night you've had. Hope the plumber does his explaining with a big cheque.

coffeelover said:
morning TT, well done with the compliments. Do they know your doing Atkins?

What a horrible thing to happen with the leak. Hope it gets sorted soon with new carpets. :)

Morning CL. I have been trying to keep mum about the Atkins WOE because people are so opinionated. I just put it down to cutting carbs and healthy eating.. One lady is due in for a bypass next week and I think she's a bit curious about my quick weight change.

moonlights said:
Ugh what a night you've had. Hope the plumber does his explaining with a big cheque.

Oh yes. That he will. I shouldn't say this but I really don't like him anyway. Real smarmy little man.

Evening TT... Hope you have a lovely evening xx

Easy Saturday for me. Carpet is dry and leak has been fixed so I'm happy.

Last night's red went down a treat. Polished 3/4 of the bottle on my own. I'd forgotten what a red wine headache feels like... Wow!!

On the menu today was :
B:
2 x eggs
2 x bacon
2 x burger patties

L:
King prawn salad

D:
3 x Toulouse sausages
250g Cauli mash
Small bit of gravy

S:
Some brie and edam

Mug of Soya milk.

I'm off for a few days so I'm planning on baking some flax bread and hopefully making a swissroll.

I hope you are all well and enjoying the weekend.

What are tolouse sausages like? I'm not a big sausage fan in general but haven't heard of them before.

Sounds like a yummy day - hope your time off is a good chance to unwind after carpet stresses.

So glad the leak is sorted. Plumbers ...well just feel I should retrain...

Menu is fab, and good luck on the flax bread - mine always comes out long and narrow (Ohooh Matron!) :D

ML Toulouse Sausages are from Tesco Finest range, they are herby and made from mostly pork and bacon. Really really tasty. Very low in carbs to, I think it's less than 1g for 3 sossies. 2 for £4 atm.

Susie, I have a feeling ehem, that my loaf will be long and narrow to today... Well at least my bread pan is, suppose I'll have to call them flax fingers instead. I don't know what more I can do to get a rise out of it... :O

I've been reading through Karen Barnaby's Low Carb Gourmet. There are some fantastic ideas in there. Highly recommended.

I attach a link (but I am in no way affiliated... For the record)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Low-Car...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339316782&sr=1-2

Dex is worrying me a little. He keeps bringing little field mice home. Mostly live ones that he's been toying with but last night a dead one... And this morning a small little bird, looked like a finch. Pretty little thing :( I have no idea what's gotten in to him. I'm putting it down to teenage hormones... He is almost 3 years old. He's had no changes in environment or food etc...

Planned Menu for today:
B:
Cucumber sticks
Cherry tomatoes
Babybel
Bacon
Coffee

L:
3 x Cajun spiced chicken drumsticks
Small salad
1/2 avocado

D:
2 x pork chops
Roasted med veg (courgette, aubergine, tomatoes, onions, garlic)

I had a WI this morning but the scales aren't moving. I had ALOT of macadamias this week. I think I'll stay away from them for a while. I had around 250g in 3 days. Oink oink.. Deadly those.

I'm going to work on my vegetating today.

Have a fab Sunday all.

Morning TT... great diary as always - must explore that cook book when I get back from holibob... enjoy your day! xx

Re Dex and the small kills, I don't think there's much you can do - except keep him indoors.

Orbs is almost the same age, and goes for a few weeks, then suddenly there's a mouse inside (like last night) which came in live then she killed it :(

Hope the flax fingers taste nice :)

Hi there Cocoa is 3 also and normally placid, (apart from the odd mad moment in a morning when she goes for ankles! ) We have had a couple of live mice and a dead bird in the house recently, must be the time of year which makes them go hunting :(

Sounds like it. Strange how their hunter kicks in. He's normally scared of his own shadow.

Last edited:
New phone is not letting me add pics in on old posts...

I made my own roasted garlic mayo to go with chops..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120610_174055.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120610_174055.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 41
Oh god that looks amazing !!! Xx

Thanks girls. I had enough garlic yesterday to stink out a nest of vampires. Phew...

Love garlic!! I can't imagine life without it! Lol

Back