Tiggertoes on Atkins

Kat1e said:
Evening Tigger - glad to see you are enjoying the cooking and food experimentation - great "diet" isnt it:)

Hi Katie. Thank you :)
I'm really looking forward to my WI tomorrow because I feel great already on this "diet" ;)

Good luck with WI! Xx

Hello all. Tomorrow will be the start of week 2. So happy that it's been so far so good.

Had a massive breakfast sans the carbs this morning. It filled me up right to dinner time (with the occasional meat snack in between.)

So hot here. I'm feeling great. OH been very complimentary about my figure today. Clothes are fitting nicely instead of too tight. Fatty pockets around my neck and wrists are gone. :D

I'm looking fwd to my Tesco delivery tomorrow morning. Ordered some fantastic cheese and meat selections. It took me ages going through the nutritional info of every single item but it's great to see how many products are actually carb free or very low carb.

My flax came but I'm going to use it sparsely for a while till induction is over. I'm sure I'll be fine with it because I don't really crave bread so much apart from the odd grilled cheese toast. Don't really have any cravings apart from ice-cream at the moment. Going to try make my own this week. I've acquired some really cute ice-lolly holders. Now the weather must please hold.

B:
2 x pork sausages
2 slices black pudding
1 egg
1 bacon
1 grilled tomato
Coffee

L:
Finger food- meat and cheese

D:
Prawn, avo and lettuce salad with tbspn of seafood sauce.

Water, water and more water.

WI tomorrow so we will see how it's gone.

Over and out.
TT x

Eek - did you check the label on your black pudding? All the ones I've found were v carby so I'd love to know if there's a low carb version.

Good good good luck tomorrow!

Hiiiii thought id read ur diary lol

Good luck tomorrow!! I wi tomorrow too :) im on my first week!! But on phase 3 as still breastfeeding! :)

calorie counting journey!! start:: 14s 8lb current:: 14s 7lbs... 43lbs to go!!

Leeanne910 said:
Hiiiii thought id read ur diary lol

Good luck tomorrow!! I wi tomorrow too :) im on my first week!! But on phase 3 as still breastfeeding! :)

calorie counting journey!! start:: 14s 8lb current:: 14s 7lbs... 43lbs to go!!

Hi Leeanne. Thanks for reading :)

Good luck to you to.

Isn't it great to start seeing differences in body shape?! Well done and menus look perfect! Xx

moonlights said:
Eek - did you check the label on your black pudding? All the ones I've found were v carby so I'd love to know if there's a low carb version.

Good good good luck tomorrow!

Hi ML. I bought the black pudding from the local butcher. They apparently only fill with fat (suet) and onions etc. It's quite dear so I don't have it often but it went down a treat. I think most supermarket brands are loaded with oats and barley and breads to bulk it out.

WI today and I've STS as I've been when I last WI 2 weeks ago coming off VLCD. So no shift in my weight. I'm really surprised by that as I've certainly lost an inch here and there.

I think I'll go back to the drawing board with my portions. Too much of the good stuff I suspect.

Any advice welcome as always :)

Haha. Thats great news about the muffins! I forgot to add that I put the solids in first, then poured the egg mix over. Did you get the consistency right? Are they more quiche or more scone? Mine were quite quiche like which was fine for 4 days but after that I couldn't stomach anymore. I'm going to try again tomorrow with more egg whites and beat them silly first.

Enjoy x

Phew what a day. So warm and draining I've hardly had the energy to breathe. Funny that being South African and all. I'm supposed to be use to this heat. :O

Headache is back :( I suspect I'm a little dehydrated but there's only one thing for that.

I've cut down on my salt, dairy and caffeine today and will continue for the week. I've a sneaky suspicion it's one of the three that are holding me back. I hope not all three.

Menus:
B:
Cheese (20g)
Coffee
Scratching (20g)

L:
Cucumber (80g)
Cheese (50g)
2 red chilly dogs

D:
Mediterranean veg and mince bake
(Aubergine, tomatoes, mince, zucchini, egg and cream (30ml) sauce, herbs, garlic and seasoning.)

Total carbs 20g.
1 hrs walking done today.

Attachments

• image-964118324.jpg
    image-964118324.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 36
  • image-4007398804.jpg
    image-4007398804.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 38
Loving the sound of the Mediterranean bake, think I could make it with quorn mince, do you add tomatoes?

Sorry just read your menu again and can see you add tomatoes, must try to make that :)

slaj said:
Sorry just read your menu again and can see you add tomatoes, must try to make that :)

It's really easy. I layered the mince / grilled zucchini / mince / grilled Aubergine and stuck tomatoes in the gaps. Poured egg& cream mix over. Covered with Parmesan. Baked for 1hr on gm5. Yum!

Hi Tigger

Sounds like things are going well for you - and you will get to the bottom of that stall :)

Silly question - did you brown the mince first?

ladyfelsham said:
Hi Tigger

Sounds like things are going well for you - and you will get to the bottom of that stall :)

Silly question - did you brown the mince first?

Hello LadyF

Thanks for reading ;)
I did indeed brown the mince in the usual manner, chopped onion-mince-seasoning etc. then let it stand while I prep veg, drained excess fluid before I start layering etc. I grilled the veg before I started layering to for extra flavour.

I'm sure I'll get there eventually :)

Have a great evening.

slaj said:
Were they fresh mushrooms or tinned? Sounds delicious!

I didn't actually use any mushrooms tonight. Will try them next time. Tomatoes were fresh ones of the cherry variety. Definitely adds to the dish. I'm sure you can use tinned if they are low carb enough. Hope that helps ;)

OMG... Those pics look good enough to eat TT!! Lol xxx

Back