Tiggertoes on Atkins

Alpaca said:
Love garlic!! I can't imagine life without it! Lol

I know right! And some people don't eat it.... Crazy. ;)

Me too! When will you move onto owl? You can then start to introduce berries, it's amazing how much I look forward to my TWO strawberries ! I would scoff a punnet before without a second glance! Have a great Monday TT xx

slaj said:
Me too! When will you move onto owl? You can then start to introduce berries, it's amazing how much I look forward to my TWO strawberries ! I would scoff a punnet before without a second glance! Have a great Monday TT xx

Thanks Sandra. I have a stone to shift on induction before I move on to owl. So a while yet...
Two strawberries... Oh how lovely that sounds.

Ahoy me maties!

Tried oven flax muffins today and they didn't quite come out right. I finally figured out that I've left the flax meal too rough, instead of grounding it longer to a fine powder, this has caused the batter to be too light and it didn't mix well. Very fibre-some but not quite muffinny enough for me. I'm going to attempt again next week when these are gone.

This weather is really getting me down. It should be sunny and unbearably hot... Instead my poor little garden is wildly overgrown and over saturated.. :(

B:
Flax muffin
1/2 avo
Babybel
Coffee
Cup of alpro

Lunch:
Salmon fillet & King prawns in a creamy curry sauce
Cauli mash
Spinach

D:
Ham
Salami chips
Babybel

Having a bit of toilet trouble... Hopefully the flax will sort that out. It's been 3 days. :(

I hope everyone is dry and warm and happy.

Attachments

• image-1320855259.jpg
    image-1320855259.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 35
  • image-1236410092.jpg
    image-1236410092.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 36
Hope you pay a visit to the loo soon .. Photos look fab! Xx

Thanks Sandra x

I just made some cheese crisps and some salami crisps... And OMG! OMG!! This cannot be diet food!!!

Have a go with zero noodles if the flax doesn't help xx

moonlights said:
Have a go with zero noodles if the flax doesn't help xx

Thanks ML, I'll do that tomorrow because I can't actually get more food in today. Flax nuff fills you up! Its amazing how your body changes on this WOE, I use to be a 3-4 times a day girl, now it's once a week if I'm lucky. :O (sorry for tmi)

slaj said:
Oh TT how did you make your cheese crisps? Very excited now !!

Oh Lordy it's so simple.

Heap a tbsp of greated hard cheese (I used Edam) onto parchment on a big plate, space the mounds about 2inches apart, add chilli flakes or garlic and nuke for 1.30mins in microwave. Then lift them off and leave to cool and crisp up. You can also lay them over the side of a glass or rolling pin to make little tortilla shaped ones for filling. The parchment can be used over and over. I made about 10 then broke them in half. They are so lovely.

Sound gorgeous, are you just counting the carbs in the cheese and any thing you might add?
Forgot to remind you that when you are wanting some fruit you can have some rhubarb on induction, stew it with a bit of sweetener, technically it's a veggie!!:)

Ahoy sweetie (that made me laugh!)

Those cheese crisps sound wonderful - I like the idea of the tortilla ones! :)

Re a walk in the park (code for twosies :D) - spinach really helps - but I find the flax bungs me up a bit unless I drink GALLONS of water :eek:

I weighed the amount of cheese before grating, equivalent to 50g. Less than 1carbs. I only had 4 crisp halves so that's not even 0.5 carbs. There's enough to last me 3-4 days. The chilly flakes were less than 1/4 teaspoon to. Pretty low so I'm not going to count it.

Thanks Susie, I have had some spinach and hopefully that will help. Walk in the park. Lol!

Evening TT... I did love the salami and cheese crisps but am keeping away for a while ... Hope you're having a great evening xx

Alpaca said:
Evening TT... I did love the salami and cheese crisps but am keeping away for a while ... Hope you're having a great evening xx

Thanks Di, I hope they don't stall me. Going to try keep them in small quantities. They are so lovely though, just what I was looking for. I was missing that crunch. Now OH can have Pringles while I crunch along to.

TIGGERTOES said:
Thanks ML, I'll do that tomorrow because I can't actually get more food in today. Flax nuff fills you up! Its amazing how your body changes on this WOE, I use to be a 3-4 times a day girl, now it's once a week if I'm lucky. :O (sorry for tmi)

Sorry to continue the tmi!

Not a medical opinion obvs but I think it must be to do with us eating food our body needs - we've switched to fat burning as fuel so we eat a lovely pork chop and the body hangs onto it, chops it up for firewood and uses it as fuel.

Before, using sugar as fuel, we ate food that our body couldn't find a use for, as sugar is such an efficient fuel, and so the excess was either stored as fat or -ahem- expelled.

I'd imagine that's part of it anyway, along with possibly less fibre, although I think I may have eaten less fibre (more crap!) while calorie counting! But fibre is essentially stuff the body can't use, so it's the same principle.

Sorry for the ramble, just made me think about it.

Oh and I have salami near daily without a problem, but I do love salty food.

Back