Tiggertoes on Atkins

Hello, Nic. I'm not quite back yet. I start on Monday. Being sensible but holiday mood is making my resistance weak.

Susie we've decided on Tonbridge. It's between Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks. We found a lovely little house and if all goes well we will be in by end of November. It's an old house that needs a lot doing to it so I will have my hands full for the next few months ahead.

I hope everyone else is well and happy. Will try to grab a minute this evening to catch up on some diaries.

Over and out xxx

Oooh how exciting, I know Tonbridge well - it's a really nice place.

And you will be able to come visit when I move to St Leonards, only about an hour by train from there :)

Welcome back TT!! Great to see you here! I'm re-re-re-starting on Tuesday ... Don't really want to know the damage! Lol xx

Hello, wow your life sounds so busy, I am new to the forums but I also live in Kent so welcome!!

Hello all and welcome Stubbsey.

I've been struggling a bit with getting back on top of the diet but am happy to report that the foot has been firmly put down again from today.

I bought a slow cooker (purely for convenience on shifts) and today I made the best pork chops I've ever had. I'm really looking forward to experimenting with new Atkins friendly recipes.

Food:
2 eggs scrambled with coconut milk.
Babybel
Biltong

2 pork chops slow cooked in soy, ginger, garlic and onions.
Steamed broccoli and Cauli

Coffee
Water
Tea

I'm going to stay away from sweeteners for the time being.

Happy to report my coeliac is under control for the moment. I've not had any nasty surprises for a while. Been steering clear of wheat anyway.

Moving still progressing slowly.

New team at work is just as I expected. Life is so much brighter now.

I hope everyone else is well and happy.

Got a weekend off to finally catch up on some diaries.

TTx

So glad to hear life is sunny.

I really want a slow cooker but worry I'd never actually take the time to learn how to use it...

i love my slow cooker its fabulous for stews etc but you can cook so much more in it. i have an actifry which i used to make healthy chips in, i must work out some new atkins friendly things to do in it, i did do some chicken drumsticks and thighs in it which were lovely. Does anyone else have one with any ideas?

Hi ML. It's really straight forward. It's has 3 settings: Low Med and High. You can use any setting for the food you will be cooking depending on how much time you want to cook for. I wish I'd discovered it sooner.

Stubbs I bought a slow cooking recipe book on amazon for £3. It's full of great ideas. Also online has been really helpful for ideas. You can cook pretty much anything in it. Tomorrow I'm doing an Italian stew with beef and tomatoes and yellow and red pepper.

The weekend I'm going to try a spicy seafood casserole. With fish and prawns and some Cajun spice.

Lots of great ideas there.

My first attempt at low carb sugar free peanut butter cookies. Not bad at all. I'm limiting myself to two a day. That's around 5carbs in total.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120906_100959.png
    ForumRunner_20120906_100959.png
    746.5 KB · Views: 40
Wow they look good, what receipe did you use?

1cup sainsburys crunchy peanut butter.
1cup splenda
1egg
1tsp vanilla extract

Mix well and roll into small balls. Place on baking tray with parchment. Press down with fork and bake for 12 mins on gm4. Cool and eat. Their a little crumbly and soft but they hit the spot.

Those cookies are on my list for when I am finished induction, (again).

Make them with Splenda tablets dissolved in water, or with liquid sweetener and you'll cut down on the carbs. I made these last time I did Atkins but haven't gotten around to them this time. Yours look fantastic!

Morning TT... Biscuits look amazing!! Hope you have a lovely weekend off xx

Hey all.

Just popping in after recovering from more nights.

I have been doing so many over the last few months and I can really feel the toll it's taking on my body and mind.
Been struggling on with low carb, sticking to wheat free and as low as I can go but some days still get the better of me. Still the same weight as a week ago...

Yesterday I made a gorgeous fish chowder in the slow cooker and it was amazing!!!!!!! The convenience of using this device is just fantastic.

I used my own recipe. Not too sure of the carb content but it can't be too high. Probably not good for induction.

400g Frozen fish (I bought the fish pie mix from Tesco - salmon, cod and smoked haddock)
Chicken stock cube in 200ml boiling water
1 cup Diced onion
1 packet of cheese sauce mix mixed with 200ml milk alternative (I used kara coconut milk) (some use cream of celery soup instead)
2 tsp of garlic paste.
1 small can of Sweet corn.
250g frozen king prawns
50g of greated smoked cheese.

Put everything into slow cooker, cover with the liquid and cook on low for 5hrs, frozen prawns can go in at the start or defrosted prawns can go in about 1 hour at the end. Add cheese and mix well and serve piping hot. Serves 4 medium sized soup bowls.

The original recipes call for veg and potatoes in the mix but I prefer mine without. I suppose my consistency wasn't quite on the mark due to the lack of starchy potato but OH and I loved it. He had his with some roughly mashed potato.

Today's menu includes mince, mushrooms and tomatoes.... Not sure what else will follow yet.

Have a super day x

Attachments

• image-3768591623.jpg
    image-3768591623.jpg
    670.3 KB · Views: 27
Back