Tillymax is trying again

It's so annoying when you and your family work all their lives and on the odd occasion that you need these services they are so crap it frightens you. It wouldn't be so bad but theres loads of malingerers (don't know if I spelt that right) who don't need help and get it :mad:

Apart from all that lot annoying me, I'm having a good day. Just waiting for my tea to finish cooking :D

Tell me about it too Tilly:(

When my Mum had to have a skin graft on her leg, the vast majority of the nurses that visited to dress the wound had never dealt with a skin graft, and namely to say she ended up with an infection and took ages to heal:(

Change of topic:)....what are you having for tea, I'm starving!

I had baked bean lasagne and salad. It was very nice :)

I'm just watching the news and theres a car that rolled over a cliff with a woman in and a jogger found her this morning. The newsman just said the woman was found by a dogger :8855:

Time for a quick catch up before drama. Drama's for Emma not me cos I'm not a bit dramatic. I am calm and sensible :)

Sorry the nurses were so rubbish. I find that with a lot of nurses I work with. They are very self obsessed and only interested in talking about themselves. Not I though...I am a people person!!! :D

Hope they come out again soon with the correct dressings and sort your mum's leg out. If I were you I'd have made a complaint. You can't just be sticking any old plaster on a leg ulcer. Sorry, I don't even know if you said it was a leg ulcer. Did I just make that up? :confused:

Oh and can I have the recipe for the baked bean lasagne please. It sounds delish. :drool:

Baked Bean Lasagne

serves 4
free + hea

Ingredients......
fry light

1 large onion
100g mushrooms (I dont measure)
1 red pepper
3 garlic cloves (I use 2tsp garlic powder)
2 tins ofbaked beans
1 tin of chopped tomatoes (I use passata)
lasagne sheets (I use 6)
Mixed herbs (I use mixed Italian herbs)
Splash Worcester sauce (I also add a splash of soy sauce)
Some cheese to top the lasagne (Use as healthy Extra)

Method:
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6 (200c)
Cut up the onion, pepper, garlic and mushrooms into fine pieces. Spray frying pan with frylight and add them all to the pan. Cook for around 5 minutes until soft.

Add the baked beans, tomatoes, mixed herbs, Worcester sauce, and cook for a few more minutes.

Build the lasagne layers in a casserole dish, alternating bean/tomato mixture with lasagne sheets.
Cover with foil and bake in the oven for
30-35 minutes.
Uncover and add cheese to the top then bake for a further 5 minutes.

Mmmm I lurve baked bean lasagne! Nom nom. Sorry to always come on here and talk about synful foods but I have actually had baked bean pizza. They used to make it at a place near where I lived called dino's. The pizza was called DINO BEANO. it was awesome. X

Just found your diary so thought I'd say hello :) that baked bean lasagne sounds lush! Will definately be giving that a go I think :eating:

We made baked bean pizza when I was at school once, it was good, but I think lasagne sounds better! x

tillymax said:
Baked Bean Lasagne

serves 4
free + hea

Ingredients......
fry light
1 large onion
100g mushrooms (I dont measure)
1 red pepper
3 garlic cloves (I use 2tsp garlic powder)
2 tins ofbaked beans
1 tin of chopped tomatoes (I use passata)
lasagne sheets (I use 6)
Mixed herbs (I use mixed Italian herbs)
Splash Worcester sauce (I also add a splash of soy sauce)
Some cheese to top the lasagne (Use as healthy Extra)

Method:
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6 (200c)
Cut up the onion, pepper, garlic and mushrooms into fine pieces. Spray frying pan with frylight and add them all to the pan. Cook for around 5 minutes until soft.

Add the baked beans, tomatoes, mixed herbs, Worcester sauce, and cook for a few more minutes.

Build the lasagne layers in a casserole dish, alternating bean/tomato mixture with lasagne sheets.
Cover with foil and bake in the oven for
30-35 minutes.
Uncover and add cheese to the top then bake for a further 5 minutes.

Oh my gosh... I know I am trying to have RED Days but this sounds AMAZING!!

Will def be trying it!! :) xxx

I can't take the credit for the baked bean lasagne. I got the recipe on here or one of them student meals websites. Can't remember which.

How do you make baked bean pizza then. Is it just a case of chucking what you want on the pizza along with baked beans. I think bacon would go well with the baked beans :D

I think I'll have potato curry and rice for tea. That's another recipe I got on here :)

I'm gonna have a go at Crumbles rice pudding today cos I finally remembered to buy some pudding rice.

What I really want to try are all the cupcakes on Jules blog but I don't think they'll help my weight loss - especially if I eat the lot :D

That lasagne does sound nice. Cheap, too. And you wouldn't expect anything cheap on Tilly 'Bucket's' diary, wud ya? :D

Think I might make that for the rabble tonight. I've got salad down for me, but then I'm having rice pud for supper so don't wanna pog myself. :rolleyes:

Sorry your mum's still having probs. Has her swelling at least gone down now?

I've been busy sorting through photos that I want printing. There's loads that I want so I'll have to upload them to somewhere to get them printed.

For dinner I had cheese n onion fryits from Capricorns diary. I must go on there in a minute and thank her :)

Rice pudding is nice. Thanks Crumble :). It could probably do with another 10 minutes but I couldn't wait :8855:

I've still got my shopping list to sort out. We go away on Friday until Tuesday so need to get some food for my son to eat whilst we're away.

I have my rice pudding in the slowcooker simmering away. :drool:
I cook mine unsweetened now and we all add what sugar we want later and syn it. I love it with brown sugar.:D

We're having a long weekend away next weekend so also have to think what to leave the lads. (SIL here but cooks less than they do).
Invited their 15 year old cousin to stay with them, too. It'll be like Men behaving Badly here, SIL being the worst. :p

I'm not hungry :eek:

I haven't had my tea cos I just don't feel like it yet. I can always have it later if I get hungry.

That rice puddings brill. I think it's expanded in my tummy and filled me up.

I've had half a B and one A today so if I do want something later I'll have to consider that.

Going to the hospital with my mum tomorrow so preapre yourselves for a rant when I get back :8855:

I've got loads of ironing to do. That's why I'm on here. Hopefully the magic fairies will do it whilst I'm busy :D

I'm gonna go on the wii for a bit now cos daughters just set it all up and I know she'll love it when I bounce her out of the way :)

Tilly I did the Baked Bean Lasagne. DS2 loves it! THANK YOU. :D

He's the hardest person to cook for. Not much into meat, not keen on veg. He loved it and DS1 has just disappeared up to his bedroom with his, too.

It smells lovely, think its the worcester sauce, and looks great with the cheese golden on top.
Quick to do too. Love that in a dish.:p

I've not had my tea either. Stuffed 3 bowls of lentil soup is why. Now that does bloat yer. Shall have to wait for hours now to have my rice pud.:eek:

Back