Tillymax is trying again

Good idea making sure your food plan goes up each day. How do portion sizes work on EE? Never done it cos I kept thinking I'd over do it.
I know a 1/3 has to be superfree but it still allows for the majority of the plate to be carbs and proteins.

I think I'd be too carb heavy, another reason why I have to be extra careful on Green days. Red loses me my most weight, that's why I stick to them so closely.

Good idea making sure your food plan goes up each day. How do portion sizes work on EE? Never done it cos I kept thinking I'd over do it.
I know a 1/3 has to be superfree but it still allows for the majority of the plate to be carbs and proteins.

I think I'd be too carb heavy, another reason why I have to be extra careful on Green days. Red loses me my most weight, that's why I stick to them so closely.

I don't do a lot of EE. When I do EE or green I always weigh the potato out as if it's a red day. I might sometimes have a bit more but I prefer to measure it so I don't get carried away and have loads.

I've eaten choccie buttons (within syns) and chocolate cake (not within syns). What the hell is wrong with me. I know I need to work really hard to get the sort of loss I want this week so why did I do that :confused:

Anyway I'm coming to read all your diaries to get some inspiration :)

I don't do a lot of EE. When I do EE or green I always weigh the potato out as if it's a red day. I might sometimes have a bit more but I prefer to measure it so I don't get carried away and have loads.

I've eaten choccie buttons (within syns) and chocolate cake (not within syns). What the hell is wrong with me. I know I need to work really hard to get the sort of loss I want this week so why did I do that :confused:

Anyway I'm coming to read all your diaries to get some inspiration :)

thats the sort of thing I would do if I put on a 1lb... its only a pound but its unfair :( draw a line hun, move on , we can do this :D you are doing fab. Weight can fluctuate so much and water retention etc etc xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tilly, have you got the latest SW mag? Recipes look great and it might help you stay on the straight and narrow.

Do you get problems at work with treats being offered? I know you've got your lunches well planned for the week with all that soup.

I'm going to really try and plan the weeks food tomorrow and then just pick from the list each day so I'm really well prepared.
We could swap ideas for meals. Keep us all focused. ;)

I'm all planned. I take loads of fruit and alpen bars to work cos the only shop nearby sells crisps and sweets and that's it. At least with a drawer full of food there's no excuse for going off plan.

It's always someones birthday so there's always buns in the office but I don't have one and it doesn't bother me.

I tried something from the new mag last week but can't remember what it was. I'll have to check my food list for last week to see. I'm always trying new things so I don't get bored although next week I'm gonna have some of my old favourites like lasagne and chilli :)

Also the chocolate cake wasn't cos of boredom or an attempt to make me feel better cos I hadn't lost this week. My mum made it and her choccie cakes are the best in the whole world. It's been here 2 days and I've managed to resist but gave in today and had a piece. I really enjoyed it but then felt mad at myself for giving in.

I think some people will do the dieting thing with ease and automatically pick the correct foods but for me even when I reach target I think I will always battle with food. That sounds like I'm saying it's easier for everyone else than it is for me but I don't mean it that way. I don't think it's easy for anyone but I think for some it's more natural.

I sound dead miserable but I'm not. I know I can and will do this. I'll probably be coming on here with my zimmer frame :8855:

Well done Tilly on your positive attitude, sorry you gained a lb, there are often no reasons for gaining it just happens...I expect gains just as much as I expect the losses. The one thing that SW has taught me over and above every other weight loss plan is that if you eat enough, exercise enough and have good and bad fat, it works and there is no need to ever be hungry. I find for me, (not everybody's bodies act the same way), that the more I eat and the more syns I use, the more weight I lose. So even on the days that I get up late and miss brekkie, I make sure I still have 3 meals that day no matter what, as well as my snacks. I think portion control may be something to do with my fluctuating weight, so i went and found a site that gave me a detailed list of what portions I should be having and have started to stick to those amounts, so lets see where that goes now.
Good luck for this week hun, I know you can pull this back and some xx

Bit busy today getting the old carpets up and trying to find somewhere to put everything. The new carpets aren't being fit til Tuesday but I won't have time to do it before work so getting as much done as possible now.

Having a red day today

Br porridge (B) milk (A) weetabix and golden syrup (1 syn)

Din ham salad, ryvita (1.5 syns) salad cream (2 syns)
eton mess (4 syns)

Tea will be braising steak, onion gravy (2.5 syns) carrots, mushrooms, courgette. Might have baked potato to use my other B.

your tea sounds absolutely lovely.. i love onion gravy!

Have you got any kellogs fibre plus bars? They're a yummy HexB, sorry haven't been around much but hope you've had a good weekend tillymax. :) x

Have you got any kellogs fibre plus bars? They're a yummy HexB, sorry haven't been around much but hope you've had a good weekend tillymax. :) x

Oooh I love them but no I haven't. I've got Alpen lights or I might have ryvita and cottage cheese. I'll see how I feel later cos I don't want anything yet. It's just nice to know it's there if I want it.

I've had a good weekend apart from the gloom of returning to work hanging over me :8855:

i've had the same gloomy cloud hanging over me today.. upside is 2 training days and no children until wednesday at least :)

ryvita and cottage cheese topped with cucumber would be my HEXB vote.. love them! :D x

First day back at work over and done with :D The only downside is I've to do it all again tomorrow :rolleyes:

I'm having a green day today and food so far has been

Br porridge (B) milk (A) and golden syrup (1 syn)
Snacks banana, apple, 2 alpen lights (B), velvet crunch (4 syns)
Dinner carrot and coriander soup

I was starving this morning. It's a long time from porridge at 5.30ish to lunch at 12.30ish. I ate my fruit and alpen lights and crisps and was still hungry. Think my bodies in shock at getting up so early. Dinner filled me up but I'm hungry again now.

Daughter started college today so don't know what time she'll be home. I'm not making tea til she comes home so I'll have to snack on fruit til then. Once I've got her timetable and son's gone back to uni and I've got his timetable I'll be able to plan meals better cos I'll know what time we're having tea or how many different teas I've to make.

For tea I'm gonna try baked bean and cottage cheese cakes. Sounds disgusting doesn't it :D I'll let you know what I think.

Afternoon Tilly,
Glad to hear that you survived your first day back;)
What is your daughter doing in college, and your son in University?

Daughters doing performing arts drama. She wants to be a famous actress but has decided to pursue a career as a drama teacher so that she won't have to be a waitress when she hasn't got an acting roll :8855:
So she's doing college then a degree in drama at uni then a pgce at uni so she can teach (at least I think that was the plan).
She also said that I could buy her a studio so she can set up her own business and run drama classes :eek:. I've only just scraped the money together for a new carpet never mind a business.

Son is doing a degree in computer programming. He starts his second year in a few weeks. His third year will be work placement and then back to uni for the final year. He hasn't asked me to buy him a business :)

Back