Zafira

Gold Member
Have decided to start a new diary....

New year...2016... also will be the year in which November I will reach 50 !:eek::)

There a lot of things I need to try and accomplish this year as well as reach target in weight loss, I am not getting any younger and feel this year is my last opportunity to try and change certain things in my life...

Weight loss history....
I have followed many diets over the years Slimming World being one that I seem to keep returning to!
I have also lost and gained the same 5st odd many times over too:rolleyes:

Anyway , I re-joined Slimming World on Sept 13th 2014 weighing in at 15st 4.5 lbs (my previous heaviest that I saw on the scales years before was 16st 13, so at some point have most certainly been over 17st :oops:-( some times it was a case of dare I look!)

I managed to get down to 10st 13 (4st 5.5lbs loss) on June 20th 2015 :), but then had some weeks ''holidays' from weigh in and went off track and have been struggling and losing and gaining the same 28 odd lbs since!

At last weigh in with SW I was 12st 10.5 !:rolleyes: (27/12/15)

Didn't weigh in yesterday as had to go somewhere with hubby.

So, I have this coming week to make a difference on the scales for next weigh in!

My target weight I hope to reach this year is 10st 7 ish will see when I get there :)

So, my plan is to re-start afresh tomorrow.

I will be back to work tomorrow also , after just over a week off :confused:

My job is a HGV truck driver for a haulage company delivering and collecting pallets of goods locally/south coast for the Palletline network, which can be a long working day sometimes , I start work usually at 6.15 am and finish anywhen between 5 & gone 8pm, it can also be tiring and physically demanding at times, being that you have to unload and push and pull up to 1 tonne pallets of goods:eek: along with climbing in and out of the truck and securing your load etc...

But my job is one I plan on changing this year if possible to something completely different!

Anyway!
Health wise , I plan to mainly follow the SW plan, along with calorie counting now and again using the 'my fitness pal' app.

I also have a Fitbit charge HR which I have had since April and am slightly addicted to it:D...if it wasn't for that making me 'move' more I would probably have put on even more weight whilst I've been struggling these past months!

I also for Xmas got the Fitbit Aria smart scales, which are actually within half a pound of SW scales :)

Exercise wise I tend to do a lot of walking -sometimes mapped with the map my fitness app, and also bought a Bellicon rebounder (mini trampoline with bungees instead of springs) and sometimes workout on that -have a good you-tube channel with loads of rebounding workouts, also sometimes do Leslie Sansone walking DVD/youtube workouts and Kettlebells, along with some other stuff now and again.

But I need to make a plan and exercise more 'regularly' :)

I also need to 'study' will explain that one later :)

But all in all I have a lot to do and try and accomplish this year before my 50th, just have to try and plan it all out in an achievable way!

But one thing is, I am going to try and keep this new diary updated and track everything, if not daily but every 2 or 3 days :)

Will try and log my food (with or without pics), my exercise, and weigh ins , and any other general ramblings!
Another major thing!...I need to give up smoking:rolleyes:....not that it seems to have affected me doing exercise etc, but I will be a lot healthier without it.

So, it is going to be a challenge this year, but I am ready!:D

I will look in on other diaries when I can too , for inspiration and to help support, but I can't guarantee it will be regular, sometimes there are not enough hours in the day to do everything we need to:(

Tomorrow is D-Day, -fresh start!

I can do this !

Here to sub! You can do it Denn! :)

I am tempted by the Aria scales, sometimes I wonder how accurate my scales are.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow :)

Here to sub! You can do it Denn! :)

I am tempted by the Aria scales, sometimes I wonder how accurate my scales are.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow :)
Thanks Elanor ! :D

Love the Fitbit scales ! measures BMI and bodyfat too (although not keen on those readings!:D)

Are you going to get your fitbit up and running again?:D

I have found the Aria scales for £80, I can use £20 of my xmas money and the rest from my savings. So, I think I shall place an order in a minute :D

I am have worn my fitbit on and off for the last couple of weeks. Will be wearing it properly from tomorrow, but not sure how well I will do :D The problem with me, is that when it needs charging I always forget to put the device back in the wristband lol...

I have found the Aria scales for £80, I can use £20 of my xmas money and the rest from my savings. So, I think I shall place an order in a minute :D

I am have worn my fitbit on and off for the last couple of weeks. Will be wearing it properly from tomorrow, but not sure how well I will do :D The problem with me, is that when it needs charging I always forget to put the device back in the wristband lol...

The scales are good!
Not sure how accurate the 'body-fat' bit is , time will tell!.....either that or I just don't like having 32% body fat!....damn Xmas food! :D
but they sync via wifi and update all your info on the dashboard, pretty cool, although I would suggest putting and keeping them in one spot as people have said when moved it mess them up a bit , so mine are on wooden floor in my bedroom and that's where they are staying :)
easy to set up though too :)
£80 is good my hubby bought me mine for £100

Hi denise i remember you from my last 'journey' I know your a bit disheartened now but youve come along way from when i last spoke with you so well done for that. Sounds like goid things ahead for 2016, good luck x

Hi Jackie :)
Thanks, yes, I am still 2st 8 lbs lighter than a year ago, so that's a good thing!
How is your journey going ?

Hi Denn,
Good luck for tomorrow!! I'm also trying to get back on the wagon starting tomorrow.
Spent today trying to resist temptation in order not to have a humongous sugar crash tomorrow!! Have done pretty well except for a chunk of Xmas cake I just scoffed down.

I will also get back in MFP to log my food, but after reading your posts I am inspired to charge up my Fitbit again.
Will be interested to hear how you get on with the scales. I don't always Log ALL my readings (sometimes I do a sneaky mid week weigh in). Do the fit bit scales log everything automatically?

Hi Denn,
Good luck for tomorrow!! I'm also trying to get back on the wagon starting tomorrow.
Spent today trying to resist temptation in order not to have a humongous sugar crash tomorrow!! Have done pretty well except for a chunk of Xmas cake I just scoffed down.

I will also get back in MFP to log my food, but after reading your posts I am inspired to charge up my Fitbit again.
Will be interested to hear how you get on with the scales. I don't always Log ALL my readings (sometimes I do a sneaky mid week weigh in). Do the fit bit scales log everything automatically?
Hi Claire!
My xmas cake went a little while ago, it's only me that likes it LOL
So far I have just been eating anything available but will soon be sorting my food out for work tomorrow :)
My fitbit has been on my wrist 24/7 since I bought it back in April except for showering and charging:D....even on days like this weekend where I have barely done 5k all weekend!:eek:...i'm just addicted and fascinated with it 'still'!:rolleyes:
Yes, get your fitbit charged up again!:D

And yes the scales do it all automatically over wifi and sync to your account/fitbit dashboard ....clever bit of kit, and it will recognise 'you' and if a 'guest' steps on them :)
I plan on weighing myself twice a week but only counting Saturdays , weather it be the fitbit or SW scales as my ''official'' weight :)

I've just cooked up a batch of soup - got 7 servings out of it. That should help keep me topped up for work lunches.
Going to make sure I'm topped up with water too.

I remember your amazing walks last year. I'm sure you'll be back out there again soon racking up those miles!

Just popping by to subscribe to your new diary.
I really love walking....had planned to go on a walk today but the weather has just been too bad all day.
Hope you've had a good weekend.

Hi Denn, It's Susu from the other wemitts forum. Good to speak to you again. It seems strange to be back on minimins! sure I will get the hang of it eventually. I've been off plan since about 10th Dec, gained 8.8lb, but started back on the wagon and the fitbit yesterday. I'm still about 2 1/2 stone less than January 2015 so it's all good. I have a rebounder lurking somewhere in my spare room. 2016 might be the year it gets some use.

Here to sub! Been totally off plan for about 9 months- so starting again- new food diary & new stats to be done tomorrow!

good luck Denn- 2016 will be out year!

I've just cooked up a batch of soup - got 7 servings out of it. That should help keep me topped up for work lunches.
Going to make sure I'm topped up with water too.

I remember your amazing walks last year. I'm sure you'll be back out there again soon racking up those miles!

Claire, I have bought a few of the SW soups, love them ,and saves me the hassle:D
hehe, I still have been doing some of those walks, just should have been eating better too !

Just popping by to subscribe to your new diary.
I really love walking....had planned to go on a walk today but the weather has just been too bad all day.
Hope you've had a good weekend.
Hi Laura, I love walking too, went out in the rain the other day, got soaked, never again LOL
I have had a good weekend , thanks, lazy but good :D

Popping by to sub
hi TT !!:D

Hi Denn, It's Susu from the other wemitts forum. Good to speak to you again. It seems strange to be back on minimins! sure I will get the hang of it eventually. I've been off plan since about 10th Dec, gained 8.8lb, but started back on the wagon and the fitbit yesterday. I'm still about 2 1/2 stone less than January 2015 so it's all good. I have a rebounder lurking somewhere in my spare room. 2016 might be the year it gets some use.
Hey Susu!
yes, I remember you! :D, I still pop in on the other forum, for a quick nose, but I think I will stay here on minimins:), it is strange at first being back , but it's all good :)
well done on keeping the 2.5st off (need a thumbs up smiley!)
I love my new rebounder :D, use yours, it is good for you:)

Here to sub! Been totally off plan for about 9 months- so starting again- new food diary & new stats to be done tomorrow!

good luck Denn- 2016 will be out year!
Hi Cactus
yep 2016 will be the year for a lot of us.....can feel it in my bones!:D
let me know where your diary is or put the link in your signature:)

Well, I am all set food wise for work tomorrow...yaaay!
just not ready for ''work!'' :rolleyes::D
Thought I would take some pics .....
Here is my exercise equipment and DVD's ...
home6.jpg home4.jpg home3.jpg home5.jpg I have my fitbit scales positioned beside my 'steps' :)
home2.jpg and my SW recipe books , think I may have them all:rolleyes: and also other books :D
home.jpg home8.jpg
And also my cooking ingredients 'cubby hole corner' which seems to have expanded a fair bit
home7.jpg got so much stuff there , I forget what I've got :rolleyes:

I think it's safe to say I am 'prepared' ....just need to get on with it! :D

Good luck everyone getting back on track tomorrow....we can do this ! :)

Going to come round and borrow some of your recipe books! You have loads. Anyone you recommend for someone who owns none?

Keep up to good work, I know you can do this!

Nice to see the pictures of all your things. I have a rowing machine, a stepper and plates bits. Think I might look into getting an exercise bike for my birthday.
What exercise dvds would you recommend?

Wow.. That's a serious stash of revipe books!! I was looking through some of mine yesterday, and feeling all inspired to try some new recipes! Nice to feel enthusiastic again

Back