Time for change...

G-Man

٩(●˛•̃)۶
Hi everyone

Joined the forum back in September but have just been lurking up until now.

This time last year I visited the doctor's surgery because I was feeling unwell and what he said to me knocked me for six. Basically he told me I was "a heart attack waiting to happen" and after several examinations I discovered that I have an enlarged heart (left side), sleep apnia, and an umbilical hernia, amongst other things. Back then I was around 270lbs and very quickly lost 14lbs, probably because of the shock of the news about my health.

Then Christmas came along and that was used as an excuse to come off the diet, which I never really got back on and soon found myself back to my old ways, albeit while taking medication for my extremely high blood pressure.

Recently we went to get a family portrait taken and when I saw the photographs, I was stunned by the size I had become! It upset me and I promised myself that from that day on, things were going to change!

I started doing WW on 1st October from home, as work doesn't allow time for meetings. In the 1st week I have lost 7lbs which has encouraged me immensely and have taken on a regular exercise regime and I am surprised at how much better I already feel inside. My aim is to lose 40% of my body weight and although I know it will take time and involve radical changes in my lifestyle, I am 100% committed to achieving my goal. I just have to look at my little grandson and that is enough motivation for me to ensure that I am around to see him grow up.

There is nothing more important to me right now than losing weight and making me a better person.

That is all.

Gerry

Hi Gerry and welcome to Minimins :) Well done on your 7lbs weight loss and good luck for the rest of your weight loss journey :)
xx

Hi Gerry and welcome to minis :), good luck in your weight loss i myself had to do something as i'm only 28 now and may not have seen 40.. but now i have a new look on things
Dan :)

Hi Danny

There was me thinking I was alone in N.I.

I am in County Down and decided to self-fianance the by-pass operation. I travelled to Manchester as there is no one here to perform the procedure and the NHS is a non starter for anyone. I empathise with all you have said and have been through much of it myself. In two weeks my diabetic drugs have been reduced to one pill a day, I am sleeping all night and I am just starting to notice weight loss. I had to tighten my jean's belt by two notches today and a fleece I bought over a year ago now fits.

Hang in there pal!

Ulidia

WELL DONE!!!! and thanks for the support, surgery is my VERY VERY last option, i'm happy with the way things are going on the SW plan :)
Take Care all
Dan xx

dan you are an inspiration to us all x

Thanks Jen :) We are here to help each other, i'm so glad i stumbled across this site whilst looking for some ideas.. x

WELL DONE!!!! and thanks for the support, surgery is my VERY VERY last option, i'm happy with the way things are going on the SW plan :)
Take Care all
Dan xx

Admittedly, at first, I was going to contact my doctor with a view to a bypass after talking to a friend who has had it. After some consideration I have decided to try WW (it works for me) and am happy with my slight progress so far so hopefully I can lose weight without surgery.

Back