Time for change!

Mission~Possible

I've never joined a forum of any sort before but felt inspired to do so after reading other peoples stories!

I gravely discovered that I had nearly 8 stone to lose to be at the weight I met my husband 12years ago. Over the years it has gradually crept on and after giving birth in August I haven't cared less what I eat. The result is I am now tipping the scales at over 17stone ....whoops!! Before I was pregnant I was unhappy at being 14 stone but my word I'd give anything to see a big fat 14 something on the scale at the minute!! I've always been athletic and in to most sports but these days I'm finding climbing stairs the equivalent to running a marathon!! Not good and not looking too hopeful for when I'll soon be in full chase of my baby daughter!

I am 30 this year (well next month!) and had been planning on hosting a nice party to mark it's occasion. Sadly I can think of nothing worse than family and friends setting eyes on my new roundly figure!!!

So my plan / goal is to have a party / BBQ later in the year when I feel happier with myself!!! After all I'm 30 all year long ;-).

So my starting weight last week was 17st 9lbs. Today I have weighed in at 17st 3lbs. All I have really done this week is cut out all the junk I eat, takeaways, chocolate blah blah blah. I'm in it for the long haul so I'm going to ease myself into it! Plus I am still breastfeeding so i need to be careful not to try anything too drastic (initially!!).

I would ideally like to be 10st. I am hoping to lose 4st in 6months. I certainly feel motivated this time wish me luck!!

Sorry for the babble but already just writing this has increased my motivation tenfold. sorry for any spelling mistakes I am using my phone!

Xx

Week 1: 6lbs off

Good luck to you! It's good to set yourself a goal and just think of what all your friends will say at your bash! You have inspired me to get back on SW!

Xxx

Thank you!!! I have slipped into my old ways already though :-( !!! I just don't seem to be able to get my diet head on! I really thought joining here would motivate me but after failing miserably at weekend I haven't been able to get back into it. Arghhhh!! I need more willpower!!
Good luck to both of you!! I hope my confessions on here will spur me into action....here's hoping!!

X

I dared to get weighed ( well left it 2 days)! Lost 4lbs over 9 days. I tried to redeem myself by introducing long walks with the pram!

Week 1: 6lbs off
Week 2: 4lbs off (10lbs total: 90lbs to go!)

We all find it hard to stick to a diet... after all if we didnt we would of done it the first time and never had to do it again....I find writing to myself helps.... I keep a diary which somedays i write pages and others i write nothing at all, according to how im feeling(menipausal most of the time lol) but it does give me some insight into what triggers me to want to eat... hope this helps xxx tc

Thank you for your post. That certainly makes sense. Although most of the time I think my weaknesses happens to be just pure greed and lack of self control! Had a couple of bad days but I feel I am back on track now. Plus I've reached the 1 stone mark so this has spurred me in even more. If I can lose a stone half trying what can I achieve with 100% commitment! I do believe the weekly weigh in on here Is helping me stay focused. It's like my guilty conscience!

Starting weight: 17st 9lbs
Week 1: 6lbs off (6lbs off: 96lbs to go!)
Week 2: 4lbs off (10lbs off: 90lbs to go!)
Week 3: 2lbs off (12lbs off: 88lbs to go!)
Week 4: 2lbs off (14lbs off: 86lbs to go!)
Weight is now 16st 9lbs

I've done much better than I thought I would this week! Not had chance to do any exercise this walk including my walks so am surprised I have lost 4lbs but pleased!

Week 5: 4lbs off (18lbs off: 82lbs to go!)
Weight is now 16st 5lbs

Well done on your weight loss so far - I have joined this forum and SW this week with an aim to losing almost half my body weight my first weigh in is on Monday but seeing your weight losses has certainly inspired me - thanks

kate2962 said:
Well done on your weight loss so far - I have joined this forum and SW this week with an aim to losing almost half my body weight my first weigh in is on Monday but seeing your weight losses has certainly inspired me - thanks

Hi Kate
Thank you ever so much your post has helped me get back on track! Had a dreadful week as it was my birthday. So had lots of buffet food, cake and meals out! Even had my first drink (well quite a lot!). After reading your lovely post it's given me the much needed push back to the 'good side'! Dared to get weighed today a couple of days over my normal weigh in and I've lost 2&1/4 pounds. I have no idea how! Will get weighed normal day this week so may not lose further this week I'm just so pleased I haven't put on!!

Good luck on your journey. I wish you all the luck in the world! I find reading the success stories etc in a bad day always helps!! Keep me posted!! How did your weigh in go?

Xx

Week 5: 4lbs off (18lbs off: 82lbs to go!)
Week 6: 2lbs off (20lbs off: 80lbs to go!)
Weight is now 16st 2 & 3/4lbs

I am glad you are back on track - well done on the loss
I managed to lose 7.5lbs in my first week and was really chuffed with that

precious said:
Well done hunny keep it up.. You can do this and will feel better for it when all ur hard work pays off.

Precious x

Exactly!!! I already feel so much better. And as my daughter weighs exactly 20lbs I can feel just how much that is!!!
Thank you x

well another 13lbs!! and things do slow day after the first 2 or 3 weeks!! I am away for a few days next week and that will be a trial to keep on track

Thanks - i hope i have the will power you think i have next week lol
I find the evenings the hardest to resist the call of the baddies :)

Back