Time for Change

Hider28

Hi Everyone!

I never thought in a million years I would write a diary, and push it publically but the more I spend on this forum (over the last few days), the more I realise the benefits!

So here goes:

I'm currently 29 and i've been overweight pretty much my entire life. I've always hated it, and always felt self conscious particuarly in pictures and so on. However, i've been very lucky and it's never dampened confidence and i've always had a relationship/good group of friends and so on.

It's getting to the point now where I want to lose weight for my health. I'm a massive hypochrondriac and losing weight (i'm hoping) will be a way of calming that down. I also want to be healthy, I want to be able to fall pregnant easily and not have obesity weighing me down (pun intended).

A few days ago after another fad diet was broken, I decided enough is enough. Exercise is now my friend and i've spent at least 20 minutes a day on the treadmill/walking ever since.

I'm aware that I have days where I will break the diet - particulary on nights out and so on, but im planning things around this. I'll have a cheat day but make sure i'm back on it first thing, not cheat as much as I would do normally and get on the treadmill to compensate whatever it is I do wrongly (which should calm down the cheating!).

I have 5 stone to lose but i'm doing this slowly and my first target is 11.5 stone by September.

I've never lost that amount before and am very scared it'll be the same old story - lose a stone, then get bored and start eating like a piggy again!

However, something does feel different this time and i'll update my diary weekly to keep me on track.

Here's to a brighter healthier future - time to embrace my inner demons instead of ignoring them and time to get fit!

My first goals are
Lose 10 pounds by the end of the month
Be able to run 5k by May - without falling over and weeping half way through

Here's hoping!

1 week gone and i was down to 211 on Saturday. I then went out for dinner on Sunday with OH and today i've got the flu and have already had chocolate!

So a good and bad start. Tomorrow is a new day and no nights out planned for 2 weeks should help things along.

Not changing my weight on here yet as a punishment to myself. Next change will be on Saturday.

Back