Time I get back in shape, for my own good. (Can someone please give me some advice)

Doppa

Hi guys, just to make it short as possible. I'm 18 year's old, and I'm breaking up from college at the end of this week and I would like to lose 4 stones by the time I go back, which is the middle of september. I know losing that amount of weight in the space of 12 weeks is not advisable, but I'm 18 stone, and I really just want to lose this weight...

the weight is holding me back, I've got no confidence because I'm thinking people are looking at my weight and comments have been made about my weight, which sets me back even more.., I want to get a part-time job but there's no point In getting one If I don't have confidence in myself so I'm doing this really for my own good.

I was wondering if anyone could advise me the steps I would need to do gym wise, eating wise, etc in order to achieve this goal.

I'm 6 ft 2 and I'm 18 stones.

Is it ok to drink 3 liters of water a day? I don't like cereal, but I'm willing to give it a go, (Willing to eat porridge every day for 12 weeks)

How long should I be in the gym for every day (Using the running machine and other cardio machines only) Is 2 hours a day fine? Should I give up bread, even wholemeal bread?

I shouldn't also eat anything after 7pm right and I should be going to sleep by 11? so my body can recover?

I'm willing to COMPLETELY CHANGE MY WHOLE DIET.
Please help me!

thank you all!

Firstly, slow down. Wanting to lose 4st is great and being in the right frame of mind is awesome but it's better to have a consistent long-term weightloss than to lose everything really quickly. It just increases your chances of putting the weight back on after. Plus, it helps your body to adjust to the new life style more easily, otherwise you might put your body under a lot of pressure.

Also, it isn't about changing your whole diet, it's about changing your lifestyle. I lost weight 3 years ago but discovered that without exercise it didn't really stick. And this time, I really want it to, so I'm exercising and feel all the better for it.

The first thing to do when making a lifestyle change is to think about the kind of diet that would suit you. Do you have lots of time to cook, do you want something with regular meals? I have tried Weight Watchers, Tesco Diets and now Calorie Counting. I chose them all because I personally needed help with recording what I was eating and in learning how to control my portion sizes and I still wanted something which allowed me to eat my favourite foods. I would have gone back to one of the first two if I wasn't trying to save money at the moment. However, you can count calories using apps on your phone which are free! (I use MyFitnessPal)

In regards to breakfast, there are so many healthy breakfast options. Omlettes, Scrambled Eggs, Mushrooms on Toast, Fruit Salads, Yoghurts... Porridge is great but not the only option. I also think not changing your diet to an extreme straight away but making gradual changes makes it easier to stay the course and make it a real change. You do not have to give up bread in order to lose weight, nor do you have to go to the gym for two hours everyday. Yes, these things may well help you but also, making such an extreme change will only make you want to rebel against it more. In regards to exercise, it's adviseable to leave a day in between heavy exercise to let your body recover and so that your muscles can heel. I am doing a Couch25K training program right now so on the days in between I do some light exercise with handweights.

I understand where you are coming from. I was 16st and 17 in my sixth-form and I longed to be thin and fit in and look like all the other girls- I'm only a tiny bit shorter than you too. But don't look for a quick fix solution. Look to make changes which really will change your life for the better and your attitude to food and exercise. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! This group will always be here to help you!

Back