Time is flying!

MiniB

Here we go again!
Well, that's my second week done and dusted. Really pleased with everything so far and no probs.

Does anyone else find the time really flies on LT? I can't believe I've done 2 weeks already. Really pleased time is flying, just means it will be quicker for me to reach slimness again. Can't wait. Roll on summer.

Hi Bev,

Yes I feel the same. My one regret is not finding out about LT sooner as it's really working for me. I am actually looking forward to getting back from my holiday so I can continue with the weight loss and that is a first for me :p

I am slightly concerned that I am looking forward to eating on holiday and am feeling pretty relaxed about letting go a bit... Does this mean my attitude to food isn't changing? I do not want to be frightened of enjoying food but I don't want to let it rule my life either!

I am a bit confused on how to perceive food in the future. I guess the very fact I am giving this consideration must mean I want to change my old eating habits and way of thinking about food.

Sorry if this post appears confusing I guess it is a by product of my confused brain at the moment lol xxx

Well, that's my second week done and dusted. Really pleased with everything so far and no probs.

Does anyone else find the time really flies on LT? I can't believe I've done 2 weeks already. Really pleased time is flying, just means it will be quicker for me to reach slimness again. Can't wait. Roll on summer.

Thats great Bev you doing fab x

Hi Bev,

Yes I feel the same. My one regret is not finding out about LT sooner as it's really working for me. I am actually looking forward to getting back from my holiday so I can continue with the weight loss and that is a first for me :p

I am slightly concerned that I am looking forward to eating on holiday and am feeling pretty relaxed about letting go a bit... Does this mean my attitude to food isn't changing? I do not want to be frightened of enjoying food but I don't want to let it rule my life either!

I am a bit confused on how to perceive food in the future. I guess the very fact I am giving this consideration must mean I want to change my old eating habits and way of thinking about food.

Sorry if this post appears confusing I guess it is a by product of my confused brain at the moment lol xxx

the last time i went on hols i found it fine and didnt put on much away... i was dying for things like chicken, salads, fish and i think the always taste so much nicer on hols :) good luck and enjoy, i would say try get straight back on it when you get back.. ohh another thing i done on hols was brought a few shakes with me and often had one a day while getting ready, i just then felt i was not starvin when going out for food, so didnt feel the need to over do it.. enjoy x

Hi Catt, the mistake I made last year on holiday was eating what I liked, not going mad though, and when I came back I just carried on eating and not watching what I was doing. Slipped back into old bad habits.

I would say it's not wrong to look forward to eating on hols, that's a lovely part of it, just try not to go too mad I suppose.

I think just the fact that you are thinking about how you perceive food is a good thing, shows you really are wanting to change the way you thought of it before.

the last time i went on hols i found it fine and didnt put on much away... i was dying for things like chicken, salads, fish and i think the always taste so much nicer on hols :) good luck and enjoy, i would say try get straight back on it when you get back.. ohh another thing i done on hols was brought a few shakes with me and often had one a day while getting ready, i just then felt i was not starvin when going out for food, so didnt feel the need to over do it.. enjoy x

Ive suggested this to the OH but he was worried in case we got stopped by customs because obv they could be mistaken for drugs! I had even suggested going self catering so we could carry on TFR but going on holiday...he wasnt keen on that! I really dont want to break my diet at all whilst I go on holiday at the end of June.

Quite a few people have gone on hols and carried on TFRing. Look up some old threads cos I know it's been done. Good on you for wanting to do that, shows real determination.

Quite a few people have gone on hols and carried on TFRing. Look up some old threads cos I know it's been done. Good on you for wanting to do that, shows real determination.

Really? *goes to hunt old threads*

Im determined to do it. Although we'll probably go all inclusive (because the price difference is minimal) as my OH will likely have refed on his TFR by then as he's only on it for another month probably (lucky git). I was thinking at least having one shake a day and then having a low carb/atkins like meal, fish and salad or something of an evening. We're desperate for a holiday (havent had one for 2 years)but I cant bear the thought of putting my weight loss back. If I STS or gained 1lb that week I would be ok with it.

Hmmm...well, we havent booked anywhere yet and we have until the end of June to decide what we're doing. But I will be hunting those threads down now!

If I remember correctly, the people that did TFR whilst on holiday had meals like you say about and they only put on a couple of pounds at the most. I was surprised at how well they did. It can be done, just depends how strong you are really. Look for the threads between April and June last year, I'm sure that's around where they are. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and I'm sure you'll both have a great holiday!

Ive suggested this to the OH but he was worried in case we got stopped by customs because obv they could be mistaken for drugs! I had even suggested going self catering so we could carry on TFR but going on holiday...he wasnt keen on that! I really dont want to break my diet at all whilst I go on holiday at the end of June.

yea you can bring them, i put them in my suit case and another time i went to manchester i remained on LT and i just put them in my walk on bag.. no one ever said anything..

just stick a few in your case, i did when i went to america and spain, sometimes you get sick of eating out every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner.. so they are grand for a snack to satisfy you, i found it good anyhow on both hols..

What about alcohol? Even if you are careful with low carb meals which sounds perfectly fine to me would alcohol blow it? Maybe you are not a drinker but I just wondered in general. You know what holidays are like and how easy it is to have a glass of wine relaxing.

I would prob be ok about it if I thought just for that week of holidays I would gain just a couple of pounds as I think(hope!!!) I would be motivated enough to know that this is just a small reprise and that I have to hop back on board straight away.

Then again maybe I wouldnt have the strength. No point messing it up!!

Last edited:
Ive never been a big drinker and I wouldnt drink at all on holiday because I dont really enjoy it! Plus alcohol can dehydrate you and if Im going away to a warm climate then it will be even more important to me to drink water water waaaaaaaaater!

To be honest, Ive been toying with the idea of being completely teetotal once Im 'back to normal'. Drinking bores me...I spent my uni years getting battered every weekend and feeling like sh*t the next day. Plus, I'll be TTC pretty much as soon as I refeed so drinking isnt going to be a good idea.

God, I sound so boring!

yummymummy

I just refeeded a week before hol, took a few shakes with me.. Didn't eat everything in site but did have lovely meals out, the odd bold full breakie.. I did drink, everynight actually lol had vodka and diet coke mainly, then odd glass of wine and odd brottle of beer...

Back