Green Days Time limit!

bridetobeelle

I need to lose 2.5 stone in time for wedding...in 5 months! Is this possible?!
I gave trouble with exercise as I have ME and suffer chronic exhaustion if I do cardio but I do walk my dog.
I'm vegetarian so do all green days. I did have little or no syns until I was advised to up them. I'm terrible about drinking water so I know I need to up that but what else can I do?!
Please help as I'm desperate to look lovely on my wedding day! X

Hello and welcome to our group :). I think what you'd like to lose is totally possible. I would not worry too much about the exercise, I think walking the dog as much as you feel able to will be ok. I also agree that you must eat your syns, try to aim for 5 - 10 if you don't want to use them all and please don't think that by restricting these or your food intake you will lose weight more quickly, it doesn't work that way.

I don't drink much water, but I drink a fair bit of tea and I use skimmed milk, so I can have quite a bit for my allowance.

I think whatever you lose over the next 5 months will be great and think of this as a positive even if you don't reach your goal, you will be slimmer and feel much better. Have a wonderful day, I'm sure you will look fabulous :)

Totally do-able and I have discovered that scan bran has really accelerated my weight loss over the past couple of weeks.

It's great eating cake and still loving weight. My fav is carrot and ginger scan bran cake.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get to your goal ;)
X

my sister lost 3 stone i 6 months so totally doable, just stck to plan hun, you can do it xx

I agree you can def do this! Just break down your goals and concentrate on half a stone at a time. Good luck x

Oh aren't you all lovely! It's so good to see you all being so encouraging when I feel a bit sad about it all!
What is scan bran?
I don't go to groups as I said so I don't know the plan THAT well but I did buy the books off eBay so I'm trying to learn from that x

Ok well I'd try following some food diaries look for some vegeterian ones to give you an idea of what to eat (good for inspiration!) I've recently swapped to mostly green I do the old red/green plans and I've had some great losses! the scan bran are like very dense ryvita x5 pieces a day are a HEB Choice, you can buy this from Holland and Barratt seen as you don't attend group, you are supposed to eat 5 per day for 5 days straight for a boost, it has worked well for me (drink plenty of water with them though if you do try them..)

Totally do-able and I have discovered that scan bran has really accelerated my weight loss over the past couple of weeks.

It's great eating cake and still loving weight. My fav is carrot and ginger scan bran cake.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get to your goal ;)
X

Oh could u please share the recipe? Is it syn free? Really need a boost to my wrightloss! 2st 3lbs done, another 2st by end of august them 2more by Christmas! Big plan but I need to be under pressure!

I just made a low syn chocolate cake. It's not bad. I would t say it hits a chocolate craving on the head but its sweet and tasty!

Oh could u please share the recipe? Is it syn free? Really need a boost to my wrightloss! 2st 3lbs done, another 2st by end of august them 2more by Christmas! Big plan but I need to be under pressure!

Hi,

Yes it is syn free if you use the scan bran as your hex.

4 scan bran
3 eggs
4 tbsp sweetener
1 grated carrot medium size
Ground ginger- I use about 2 tbsp
Cinnamon - I use about 2 tbsp

Method:
Put the scan bran in a bowl so they are all lay out flat, I use a lasagne dish and pour boiling water over them, enough to cover them.

Wait a few mins so they are moist and get rid of the excess water.

Crush up the scan bran in a bowl and add all the other I ingredients (whisk eggs before they go in)

Mix all ingredients together and put in a microwaveable dish. I do it in a large sandwich box because I like it as a loaf but any shape or size is fine.

Cook it on full for approximate 6-8 mins. Make sure it is firm and a knife comes out clean if you push it into the centre.

I then tip it out onto a cooling rack and let it cool.

Lots of people mix quark with lemon juice for a frosting top too. Up to you how you eat it but it's delicious.

Enjoy x

Oops forgot to say you need a quarter spoon of baking powder ;) xx

I'm sorry for ranting but.... Week 1- no loss Week 2- 2lb loss Week 3- 1/2 stone loss Week 4- 2lb gain Week 5- didn't weigh in Week 6- no change I really don't understand why I'm not losing! I've gone from a really unhealthy diet to over 1/3 fruit and veg. Super low fat super low everything! And I don't see any results! What's going on?! I've been 100% on plan. I do green religiously and although I'm bad about my water intake (I just drink tea) everything else is bang on! Could it just be that this diet doesn't suit my body?!

Can you give us an example of a typical days food? It could be something little that you're doing wrong.

BreaBreakfast today was berries, fat free fromage frais a banana and teaspoon of honey. Lunch was salad and fruit salad, 2 alpen lights, 1 mug shot Dinner is cous cous and veg with a packet of treat size buttons and options hot chocolate.
Coffee with 2 sugars at break time

Sound's ok, is this a typical day?
As you lost in your first few weeks have you recently started am exercise regime? If you are straining muscles you can sometimes retain water while they repair. Might be a possibility.
Nothing wrong with what you're doing today but maybe you'd be better having a more substantial lunch rather than the mugshot for a snack? Again nothing wrong with them at all but if I could make one suggestion it would be that.
Do you use your syns each day?
Sorry I can't be more help.

I haven't had a weight loss for a couple of weeks s would appreciate any feed back please! I'm on green.... Banana and satsuma with 2 activia 0%, cup of tea (hea) Coffee with sweetener and 2 alpen light bars (heb) 2 mug shots with marmite, large salad, fruit salad Diet coke and banana Sweet potato, onion and normal potato rosti, quorn sausages (2 syns) with broccoli Options hot choc (2 syns)

Back