Time of the month cravings

chamcat

Hi everyone,

So when it's my "time of the month" I tend to crave all food but even more so the stuff that's generally bad for me (read crips and chocolate) I know if I buy any of these things in intending to only eat 1 I inevetably end up eating the whole packet. Snacking on fruit isn't going to cut it so wondering if anyone has any tried and tested favourites that they reach for when those cravings hit?

I only just joined so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.

:)

I'm a chocolate monster during my time of the month. A curlywurly (6 syns) or an options hot choc with a flump chopped into it (a great tip from a thread on here - only 3.5 syns!) normally hits the spot for me. If you're worried about eating a whole pack, just walk to the shop and buy 1 of whatever you fancy, the anticipation of eating it when you get home makes it taste better anyway lol!

I love having the Cadbury Fudge flavour hot chocolate with a HEA of hot milk mixed into it. I then run myself a nice hot bath and sit in the bath with a massive mug of it followed by one of the Cadbury mini fudge chocolate bars.
This helps me to relax when my tummy is feeling sluggish from the time of the month but also takes my mind off having too much naughty stuff. xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Agree with the hot choc suggestions above, or a hot choc stirred into a quark makes a nice chocolatey snack :D

I've just eaten a bowl of 0% yogurt mixed with 10g of galaxy orange bubbly hot choc (2 syns) with strawberries. So yummy and really satisfied my sweet craving.

Sugar free marshmallows! 1/2 a syn each so if you end up munching in the whole bag you don't have to feel too guilty :).

Sugar free marshmallows! 1/2 a syn each so if you end up munching in the whole bag you don't have to feel too guilty :).

Good call, although the after effects of eating the whole bag aren't too much fun (speaking from personal experience!!!!) :D

Hi everyone, thanks for such great ideas. I live in France so not sure if I can get Options hot choc (if not i'll pick some up in UK when visiting next month) love the idea of mixing it with yogurt!

dippychk - don't stress just go to bed tonight with the mantra that tomorrow is another day. My personal tip of the moment for wanting to snack in the evening is to keep my hands busy so I have been painting my nails a new colour every night it takes me at least half an hour and then an hour to dry nice and smudge free to keeps my mind off food while watching tv! :)

Sorry to thread hijack, but has anyone found taking water retention tablets just before and during TOTM prevents bloat? x

I've had them before and they didn't seem to make a difference but peppermint tea is great to help you feel less bloated and sluggish xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry to thread hijack, but has anyone found taking water retention tablets just before and during TOTM prevents bloat? x

I think it depends on the person really. They didn't do anything for me but a friend swears by them.. x

Back