Time of the month?

Muffindoll

Hi, this is a strange question and I hope I at least make sense.
I currently have a contraceptive implant and have has this since the beginning of April. Prior to this I was taking a minipill since I had my youngest son in 2006. With both of these contraceptives I have been one of the lucky ones who don't have a "time of the month"
I wondered if even though I don't have one, do you think that at some point each month I still have the same "other" symptoms like water retention etc?
The reason being, that in the past I have had weeks where for no apparent reason I have gained or Sts and the SW consultant has asked "is it that time of the month?" and although technically I don't have a time of the month maybe I do still have a week where I will struggle to lose.:confused:
OR am I just making excuses for weeks where I struggle??
Hope that made sense -a bit weird I know sorry!
Thanks

Muffindoll said:
Hi, this is a strange question and I hope I at least make sense.
I currently have a contraceptive implant and have has this since the beginning of April. Prior to this I was taking a minipill since I had my youngest son in 2006. With both of these contraceptives I have been one of the lucky ones who don't have a "time of the month"
I wondered if even though I don't have one, do you think that at some point each month I still have the same "other" symptoms like water retention etc?
The reason being, that in the past I have had weeks where for no apparent reason I have gained or Sts and the SW consultant has asked "is it that time of the month?" and although technically I don't have a time of the month maybe I do still have a week where I will struggle to lose.:confused:
OR am I just making excuses for weeks where I struggle??
Hope that made sense -a bit weird I know sorry!
Thanks

What you're asking makes sense, but obviously you will still have a week where you would have previously be on * week, so the symptoms will still be there-even alot of women who've gone thru the menopause still have a cycle which affects the scales! :) have a look and see if there is a pattern-as that will be your cycle :) HTH

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Thanks, I think I'll try to make a note of these times and see if there is any sort of pattern, not looking for an excuse or anything but sometimes when I've had a a sts or gain for no reason it has sent me right off track and sometimes I have totally given up.
It it turns out there is a pattern at least I can start to expect this some weeks and know that it will all turn out ok the following week.
Thanks for your reply x

Muffindoll said:
Thanks, I think I'll try to make a note of these times and see if there is any sort of pattern, not looking for an excuse or anything but sometimes when I've had a a sts or gain for no reason it has sent me right off track and sometimes I have totally given up.
It it turns out there is a pattern at least I can start to expect this some weeks and know that it will all turn out ok the following week.
Thanks for your reply x

Hope it made sense, and you didnt think I was being patronising-I know that text sometimes isn't interpreted as it should be x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Not at all! Its just that sometimes I have felt a bit daft if the consultant has said "is it time of the month?" and I have to just say I don't know, which sounds a bit silly but I really can't tell any difference. And I didn't even know that some women who have gone through the menopause still have weeks that affect WI, that would suggest that I do still have symptoms that aren't always obvious.
Thanks again hun. x

Back