Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Time of the month?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Muffindoll, 30 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Muffindoll

Muffindoll Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, this is a strange question and I hope I at least make sense.
    I currently have a contraceptive implant and have has this since the beginning of April. Prior to this I was taking a minipill since I had my youngest son in 2006. With both of these contraceptives I have been one of the lucky ones who don't have a "time of the month"
    I wondered if even though I don't have one, do you think that at some point each month I still have the same "other" symptoms like water retention etc?
    The reason being, that in the past I have had weeks where for no apparent reason I have gained or Sts and the SW consultant has asked "is it that time of the month?" and although technically I don't have a time of the month maybe I do still have a week where I will struggle to lose.:confused:
    OR am I just making excuses for weeks where I struggle??
    Hope that made sense -a bit weird I know sorry!
    Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Calorie counting/low carb(following SW principles where possible)
    What you're asking makes sense, but obviously you will still have a week where you would have previously be on * week, so the symptoms will still be there-even alot of women who've gone thru the menopause still have a cycle which affects the scales! :) have a look and see if there is a pattern-as that will be your cycle :) HTH

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

4. Muffindoll

Muffindoll Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks, I think I'll try to make a note of these times and see if there is any sort of pattern, not looking for an excuse or anything but sometimes when I've had a a sts or gain for no reason it has sent me right off track and sometimes I have totally given up.
    It it turns out there is a pattern at least I can start to expect this some weeks and know that it will all turn out ok the following week.
    Thanks for your reply x

5. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Calorie counting/low carb(following SW principles where possible)
    Hope it made sense, and you didnt think I was being patronising-I know that text sometimes isn't interpreted as it should be x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

6. Muffindoll

Muffindoll Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Not at all! Its just that sometimes I have felt a bit daft if the consultant has said "is it time of the month?" and I have to just say I don't know, which sounds a bit silly but I really can't tell any difference. And I didn't even know that some women who have gone through the menopause still have weeks that affect WI, that would suggest that I do still have symptoms that aren't always obvious.
    Thanks again hun. x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.