Time saveing ideas?

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
It can be all to easy to grab the cereal in the morning and estimate the amount you are eating, so a little tip I do is to measure out the HE weight of the cereal into plastic food bags and then shove them back in box. You only weigh out once and in a morning you can just grab a bag and enjoy with no messing about. Its good for rice and pasta too if you are doing red days.
Anybody else got any time saving ideas?

Use a plastic beaker or cup, measure the cereal and mark a line on the cup where top of the cereal is. Leave the cup in the box and use it each day!

Have a mad chopping session. Chop stuff like onions and freeze, then you've got chopped onion ready to go whenever you're cooking. Speeds things up no end!

When I make a free syn soup, I make them so that when they are blitzed, they are really thick.

Make plenty and freeze some. Then if I'm in a hurry, there is already some soup done.

However the best thing to use them for is a quick sauce to go with either pasta, rice or some chicken. Some end up with chilli powder in them and some end up with curry powder in them. :D

Grate a whole block of cheese, and then weigh out your HE's and put in plastic bags.....keep all weighed amounts in a tubberware box and grab when needed!

great ideas.

like helliecopter I have chopping sessions but, when I chop onions I always put a few or more cloves of garlic in the bag (can you tell I love garlic);)

I roast loads of veg then freeze in containers or bags, then I can use for soups, pasta sauces, or as a side! great for busy tumes. My freezer is chocker full of soups, veg and ready made meals lol

Back