Time saveing ideas?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by charlottegrace1, 1 October 2009 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    It can be all to easy to grab the cereal in the morning and estimate the amount you are eating, so a little tip I do is to measure out the HE weight of the cereal into plastic food bags and then shove them back in box. You only weigh out once and in a morning you can just grab a bag and enjoy with no messing about. Its good for rice and pasta too if you are doing red days.
    Anybody else got any time saving ideas?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Use a plastic beaker or cup, measure the cereal and mark a line on the cup where top of the cereal is. Leave the cup in the box and use it each day!

4. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    Have a mad chopping session. Chop stuff like onions and freeze, then you've got chopped onion ready to go whenever you're cooking. Speeds things up no end!

5. Lonestitcher

Lonestitcher Silver Member

When I make a free syn soup, I make them so that when they are blitzed, they are really thick.

Make plenty and freeze some. Then if I'm in a hurry, there is already some soup done.

However the best thing to use them for is a quick sauce to go with either pasta, rice or some chicken. Some end up with chilli powder in them and some end up with curry powder in them. :D

6. Loll1603

Loll1603 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(22.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Grate a whole block of cheese, and then weigh out your HE's and put in plastic bags.....keep all weighed amounts in a tubberware box and grab when needed!

7. lesserme

lesserme shrinking granny

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.69%)
    Diet:
    s/w
    great ideas.

like helliecopter I have chopping sessions but, when I chop onions I always put a few or more cloves of garlic in the bag (can you tell I love garlic);)

8. LadyMuckley

LadyMuckley New Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(18.81%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    when you cook a meal if its freezable do an extra one for later good luck Hun x

9. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    if i cook veg i do enough for to reheat another time, keeps in the fridge for a couple of days in tupperware

10. amm451

amm451 Do Over

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.77%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I roast loads of veg then freeze in containers or bags, then I can use for soups, pasta sauces, or as a side! great for busy tumes. My freezer is chocker full of soups, veg and ready made meals lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.