Time to be rid of the MASS!

BlueGem

Thought I'd start a weight loss diary to really motivate me to continue.

I'm 5ft8, first met my CDC on 7 January 2012, weighing in at 15st 5.6lbs (which I was pleased with as have been 16st 9lbs at my heaviest). Started the Cambridge Diet on Friday 13 January 2012 but hopefully not doomed to failure...!

Week 1 was okay but I found myself looking on here and other weight loss/CWP websites fairly regularly to keep myself motivated. Days 2-4 were the hardest, with the headaches and tummy grumbles but I can genuinely say that I've not really felt hungry that often.

Being 5ft8 I'm supposed to be having 4 packets a day, but only managed to do so on 2 occasions, which my CDC moaned at me about on my first weigh-in (in the morning of day 9). It makes sense to have the 4 packets, especially as I intend to start going to the gym in this coming week, so if I don't think I have the time for 4 packets on a particular day I'll treat myself at either lunch or dinner to a two-course meal of soup and shake. Yum.

Favourite meals in week 1? Oriental chilli soup, chocolate/chocolate mint shake, strawberry shake (surprised it doesn't taste like medicine) and am getting to like the apple and cinnamon porridge. There are really only a couple of things I haven't enjoyed so will avoid in future (maple and pecan porridge and vanilla shake).

Did I cheat? Only a little. On day 5 (a Tuesday), I completed a transaction at work and the client handed me a glass of champagne. It was a difficult situation where I couldn't say no. So I had only 3 little sips before I managed to put it down without being spotted.

I also cheated in my sleep when I dreamt that I ate a third of a bacon/egg sandwich and felt incredibly guilty for it.

So, had my first weigh-in this morning and lost 10.5lbs, now weighing in at 14.9lbs. :D:D:D:D

Looking forward to week 2 of sole source with fewer occasions in the diary that might tempt me! Hoping to get over a stone (need 3.5lbs) and then maybe I'll buy myself a bag or a pair of shoes as a treat :)

Well done on your first weigh in! I have been dream cheating to...feel so bad but thank god it's just a dream :p x

So today I leave work at a sensible time, get a seat on the train home, and some beatch who would decide to sit next to me has a waitrose bag that she's rustling around in. In no more than 15 minutes she devours not one but TWO double chocolate muffins. I could have screamed - they smelt soooo good!

But guess what? I did it. I enjoyed the smell while listening to some Florence, got home and had a hot toffee and walnut shake. Yummy. Cannot give in to that kind of temptation if I'm to beat the flab!

Proud of myself :)

I hate when ppl eat on the train so annoying! I laways get on the train and manage to sit next to the mcdonalds or as it was yesterday Wasabi! Smelt good! I went home and cooked my Step 2 Stir fry and had my Satsuma for pud!
To be fair you did well when I was on SS+ i found it so hard!

Dating is not good when on this diet. Thinking it might give dating a rest and just concentrate on me for a few months. Had a date last night which was awful. He was a friend of a friend who had set us up. He was boring and lacked any chat (which surprised me as he was quite talkative when we spoke on the phone in the couple of days prior to the date). He also tried to go in for the kill at a really inappropriate time.

So - bad date meant walking back to the train station about 23:30, lots of drunken people eating chips, kebabs, pizza....walked past three fast food establishments and, once again, was SO tempted.

But then I thought of my weigh in on Sat, the disappointed look on my CDC's face and my guilt. It's just not worth it. I WILL do this! :)

Ha ha oh dear.....dating is the worst without having to put up with drunk people eating food! I hated dating and how bad must it be when you cant eat it!

Well done for not caving in!

You're doing really well considering how much temptation you have had to overcome so far!
2 Chocolate muffins?! That's just torture lol

Thanks for the tip on the hot toffee & walnut shakes, might have to give that one a go now

What did you think of the hot toffee and walnut KrissyKat?

Just had my second weigh in. Just under 3lbs. That's a total of 13lbs exactly in 2 weeks and 1 day. Little disappointed but I know it would have been a pound or 2 more if I didn't have a large banana shake and 2 pints of water beforehand! Also been fairly constipated this week so am going to start having one shake with fibre every other day or so.

No weigh in next week so may have to get some batteries for my scales or my wii fit so I can weigh in. Don't want to become obsessed by my weight though and start weighing myself every day.... Maybe I could just go to a Boots an use their machine.

Onwards and downwards!!

On another note I'm just under 5ft8. My CDC has me on 4 packs a day (and this week I've had the full 4 except for 1 day where I just had 3) but I note the book says that you only need 4 packs if you're over 5ft8. Could this be slowing my weight loss?

Also-have some tetras and some bars for the first time this week :) Looking forward to them!

i don't think the 4 packs would be slowing your weight loss at all, especially as you've had good losses!
i would leave it a couple of weeks and if you're still concerned drop down to 3 then.

Thanks Sapphire. I'll stick to the 4 packets for now. Think I just overreacted to having less than a 3lbs loss despite being 100%. Will see how I go over the next 2 weeks before I jump to any rash conclusions! :) x

Figured it had been a while since my last post and that actually I should use this diary more often to help me on the straight and narrow.

Why am I doing this?

As we all know, SS on CWP is pretty tough going. It requires you to look at food entirely differently. It's not just willpower, it goes beyond that. So why am I doing it?

1) My brother is getting married in Jamaica in April and I'm a bridesmaid. The bridesmaid dress that the bride-to-be wants only goes up to a size 16. I'm an 18/20 (now just an 18 and a comfortable one at that). I told her that I wouldn't be able to fit into it and I felt absolutely devastated for her. It's her wedding, everything should be exactly as she wants it to be. She was lovely and looked at other bridesmaid dresses but nothing else really did it for her, so she's bought the dress in a size 16 for me. I want it to fit me nicely. I don't want everyone to see me as "the fat bridesmaid". I needed to act, and I needed to act fast. Time to CWP SS me!

2) Similar to the above but, on a more general note, I want to be able to go into a shop, see a nice dress and not think "they won't go up to my size". I want to be able to say "have you got this in a size 12/14 please?" and be able to try them on and feel FABULOUS.

3) I've been overweight for years. I was always the fat girl at school. I remember being in year 6 (aged 10) and having to draw portraits of each other. The girl who had to draw mine (Chantelle) asked the teacher "Miss, how do you draw double chins?!" The teacher was gobsmacked, not at the fact that Chantelle had asked the question but that a 10 year old could possible have double chins.

4) My nan wanted me to lose weight (not because she didn't love me exactly how I was but because she knew it would make me happier). She passed away in September 2010 after a short battle with cancer. She would be so proud of me.

5) I have a nephew who is 3. I want to be able to run around playing football etc with him (and to actually WANT to do that rather than just sit on the sofa and watch a film).

6) I want to run a 10k race (and maybe more in future). It seems pretty much physically impossible to do that at my weight. I also want to wingwalk (crazy, I know, but I love the adrenalin). I have to be under 12.5 stone to do this (I started CWP SS at 15st 6.5lbs).

7) I'm still not entirely sure that I know what causes me to eat - am I an emotional eater? Perhaps. Sometimes. Do I eat because I'm bored? Yes. Sometimes. I don't think I can be "classified". But I want to figure this out so that when I come off of CWP I can better maintain/manage my weight. I think CWP can help me with this - cut out "proper" food entirely and record when I have the urge to eat it.

8) I know you girls are going to hate me for this but it's true - I want to find the man of my dreams (or as close thereto as is possible, I don't live in a dreamland) and think it will be easier to do so if I'm not so fat. Men just don't give fat girls the time of day to figure out how amazing we are.

9) I think I'll be even more successful at my job if I was slimmer.

10) I want to have the confidence to wear, and look f***ing amazing in, a bikini.

Awww thanks Infinite. I just thought it would be good to write these things down to remind me why I'm doing this on the bad days when it all seems so difficult x

Brilliant post keep writing things like that down to keep you on track :)

Random question - I know on CWP we're supposed to be drinking lots of water but can drinking too much water cause our weight loss to slow down?

I'm a big lover of water. Pre-CWP I used to get through about 3 litres a day. I'm not doing more like 4 or 5, which seems insanely excessive and am concerned it may affect the weight loss. I just get so thirsty though!

i also drink a lot of water. i haven't had brilliant losses but i don't think it's anything to do with that.

i think the only possible effect of drinking too much is you dilute the vitamins and minerals and flush them through without absorbing them, but i think you would feel pretty dreadful if that was the case and i haven't felt any more dreadful than anyone else on the diet i don't think!

So, after yesterday being a bit of a "meh" day, today has been good. I'm feeling quite happy and positive, although do have a couple of concerns.

Firstly, I don't feel any lighter than I did last week (which was week 2 and I lost 2.5lbs). I'm concerned I'm going to have a small (i.e. under 3lbs) loss again this week. I don't like the idea of that. Weigh in tomorrow so will let you all know!

Secondly, it's a friend's 30th birthday tomorrow and I've made the decision to not have a day off plan (which I'm proud of). I'm concerned however that I'll be bored in the evening with only water to keep me going while all my other friends are enjoying their alcohol-fuelled dancing. Worse still, my friends may think I'm boring sober?! Of course they do see me sober but I've never been entirely sober on a Saturday night out with them.

Am sure I'm worrying about nothing in relation to both of the above but I just had to have a little bit of an outburst so that I can now go back to being happy, leaving work for the weekend and heading home to a chocolate shake (mmm I may have it hot) and to a boxset (series 7 desperate housewives).

Hope you all have fab weekends! xx

So, third weigh in this morning (day 23). Had to go to a boots and get on a weight machine as my CDC is heading back home to Aus and no longer has her scales (don't worry, I have my new CDC lined up for next Saturday's WI).

I lost another 2.5lbs. I'm nothing if not consistent. Slightly disappointed again but from the Boots I walked to my CDC's house and thought about all the reasons to be positive:

1) I'm heading in the right direction and still losing more than I would on WW or SW
2) I'm now 14 stone 4lbs - I haven't been this weight (or light) in about 5 years
3) I've lost 15.5lbs in 3 weeks
4) I'm due a big week

Also, because of my disappointment:
a) My CDC gave me permission to only have 3 packs a day (I'm only just 5ft8) if I really don't need/have time for the fourth
b) My CDC thinks I might be drinking too much water and should try to limit myself to 4 litres a day (on top of the water in the "meals")

I came home and had my first ever chocolate tetra - wow! Yummy! :) Looking forward to freezing one at some point. I also then did 30 minutes of balance/muscle/yoga on the wii fit, first time I've been on that in ages. So all in all an hour of non-strenuous exercise (including the walking). First time I've really done exercise since being on SS and have missed it. Don't want it to decrease the weight loss though so still going to take it easy.

Positivity Gemma, positivity.

Back