Time to change but need help!

It's deffo all about the inches once you start adding muscle into the equation. ...I took a photo of myself when I started. ... Going to compare it at 6 months ( end of this month) but I looked at it
yesterday and can't believe the difference!

Hey guys.
Well today was ok. :) I survived.

Moved desks and felt much better - a bit hidden away although guy still managed to walk past me 3 times today - just as much as he used to but I wasn't looking for him...

I felt great - my trousers were loose at the waist and I was wearing a beautiful silk top I've not been able to get into for ages. It was a very bright colour too so you could spot me the other end of the office.

Dealt with a very difficult issue on one of his clients - had to go into his office for him to sign off and I got a smile when I knocked on his door. No awkwardness, no avoiding eye contact with me. I went in confident and mojo rattin'. He challenged what I planned to do and I stood firm and said no, I think it's best to deal with it this way and he said "okay then". I came out feeling less tongue tied and more confident than I have in weeks. Dealt with the issue which could have turned into a disaster and emailed him an update and he replied with "Well done blue". So all the uncertainty has definitely been messing with my head and now I feel like I'm back in the game. Whether something happens or not in the future...what will be will be. But how I act on a daily basis is a lot clearer. He was still as sexy as heck though when I was in his office trying not to stare at him reading the thing I'd brought in. Sigh.

Food today - good and bad...
toasted bagel - 230 cals
small soup and roll for lunch - 250 cals
3 glasses of white wine - 600 cals
4 slices of roast beef - 120 cals
3 cups of tea - 30 cals
2 chicken drumsticks - 150 cals
2 fruit shortcake biscuits - 74 cals

Total - 1450

Last edited:
Well done blue xx Glad today went well - the worst is over. I have a meeting with my boss tomorrow that I'm dreading but unfortunately for wholly different reasons xx

Well done foxy - going great guns on the diet and dealt with that first awkward moment perfectly. Now that's all done you can be as normal and charming as ever in the office :)

Good that you have the end of feb girls night out to look forward to - I like have something to aim for as helps me stay motivated xx

Well done blue xx Glad today went well - the worst is over. I have a meeting with my boss tomorrow that I'm dreading but unfortunately for wholly different reasons xx

LOL yeah, not sure if that's patronising or not...but he doesn't hand out praise very often to anyone so I'm just going to take it in the spirit it was no doubt intended. Ps. he didn't actually say blue...that's not my real name !!!

Urgh...re your meeting wiht your boss = sounds like not something to look forward to. Hope it goes ok...

Well done foxy - going great guns on the diet and dealt with that first awkward moment perfectly. Now that's all done you can be as normal and charming as ever in the office :)

Good that you have the end of feb girls night out to look forward to - I like have something to aim for as helps me stay motivated xx

heh. FOxy was my chant yesterday. I am the FOX. I will be FOXY. You are right - it was the perfect was to get the first awkward meeting over and done with. My new tactic is to earn real professional respect and look stunning and be lovely but not push him re the attraction bit. I think that way he will just like me more and more and more as time goes on.

Re the diet bit...I have to a) not drink so much and b) eat more veg.

Down to 230.8lbs on the flat scales this morning - which is probably 228 or maybe even 227 on the scales at home (that I started out on) so its still going downwards. It's the first night that I don't have something organised in the evening so I might walk to the shopping centre and all around - usually a 5km walk.

Might also start doing some squats and situps at home...yikes...

heh. FOxy was my chant yesterday. I am the FOX. I will be FOXY. You are right - it was the perfect was to get the first awkward meeting over and done with. My new tactic is to earn real professional respect and look stunning and be lovely but not push him re the attraction bit. I think that way he will just like me more and more and more as time goes on. Re the diet bit...I have to a) not drink so much and b) eat more veg. Down to 230.8lbs on the flat scales this morning - which is probably 228 or maybe even 227 on the scales at home (that I started out on) so its still going downwards. It's the first night that I don't have something organised in the evening so I might walk to the shopping centre and all around - usually a 5km walk. Might also start doing some squats and situps at home...yikes...

Planks are hideous but life changing to your middle too :)

I walk loads at lunchtime too but the mall is dangerous if you take your purse with you !!

Well done on work, I'm glad it all worked well and was not awkward x

I'm glad that you're feeling better! And congrats on the looser clothing! Nothing feels better than that :)

Totally agreed. Guaranteed smile inducer

Morning guys
good and bad yesterday.

food:
toasted bagel for breakfast - 230 cals
2 cups of tea - 20 cals
buffet lunch thing for work - canapés so difficult to judge but probably 400 cals
2 chicken drumsticks - 250 cals
4 slices of beef - 120 cals
2 skinny lattes - 150 cals

total - 1170 so not bad!

walked 5km to/from and round the shopping centre.

went to try and find some gortrx/ski trousers and a micro down jacket for an upcoming trip and couldn't find any in my size - all these shops have decided that only women up to size 16 do anything active at all. So frutrating. The men's sizes got bigger and bigger and ended up not fitting my hips and being huge elsewhere. Grrrrr. Even worse is I have the stuff at home but I can't quite get into it yet - another month and another stone would do it..:but I'm running out of time!

also did some sit ups and managed a plank for 22 seconds...going to try and improve on that daily.

Nightmare! I find that good outdoor wear is often quite small made as well which is frustrating!! You will be in your gear in no time.

Good idea re squats and plank - I keep saying I'm going to do the same - say a lot of things though. .. x

weird night. got drunk at a leaving do. someone ELSE at work told me they fancy me. Massive ego boost. My mojo is rattlin'! I'm going to keep on losing loads of weight and I am totally going to rock my meeting with guy tomorrow am.

Food today:
toasted bagel - 230 cals
chicken soup and roll - 250 cals
3 cups of tea - 30 cals
5 glasses of wine - 700 cals
some nibbles in the pub 300 cals

Total - 1510 cals

yikes. must stop drinking but feeling very happy ego-wise.

love it, what a fantastic confidence boost. .... Maybe a little bit of office flirting will make guy realise what he is missing. ..... ;-)

Hey guys. Yeah massive confidence boost re othe work bloke - he tried to kiss me lol. Luckily we're good friends so I was kindly and he apologised the next day looking vey shamefaced. The weight loss thing is starting to work though!

Im doing really well food wise - not tempted by snacks or junk at all. It's like a drug has left my system - I don't even crave it anymore. My current downfall is drinking which is odd as its never been a big thing for me before - just part of my new city lifestyle. Going to have to find a way to have fun but keep the calories in check.

Fantastic day on Friday though - I was walking round with a big grin on my face due to Thursday's ego boost. Great meeting with guy; afterwards we walked past the coffee shop on our way back and I said I was going to grab a coffee and did he want one - he said (instant reaction so didn't keep himself in check) "oh I'd really love to but I'm late for my next meeting". I hadn't meant let's sit down and chat over coffee, I was just meaning a take away!!

Then just before end of day, he went wandering round the office until he found where I was sittingn (he said Ah finally found where you are hiding) and lingered - talking about a client thing but laughing and joking and flirting with me. Then I had to pop round to his office half an hour later and it was more of the same. It's like we've found a lovely relaxed way of interacting now that we both know we have a soft spot for each other but no tension about having to do something about it right now. I'm very happy with that for the moment.

roll on the next stone coming off!

remember ladies - be the fox!

yay, that's good, you've laid it out on the table and both know its there if you want to take it further :)

I have just agreed to go out on a date with a friends brother. ... I'm bloody nervous as I'm crap at dating! !!!

Back