Time to change but need help!

OMG Blue!! Seriously i feel like i'm reading a novel and i love it so much that i can picture the stories in my head ahah you're killing me! And thanks for the nice comment about my diary :)

LOL
Ok, one more installment before I got to bed.

Last edited:
I looove it! Can't wait! and also couldn't help but think of The Big Bang Theory with your Schrodingers cat comment! Love it!! Good night :)

LOL I'm certainly enjoying reliving it!

Last edited:
oooh.....I love it. ... You've deffo made my morning more interesting x

Omg this is better than jackie Collins

I might as well finish the tale. Sigh.

So guy and I carried on talking - about books we've read, places I've travelled to, my academic studies, pastimes we have in common, religion and atheism, philosophy, all the big huge themes and we didn't agree on stuff either - it was a right proper debate. He kept on saying he was just amazed by the conversation. Completely into each other. Everyone else just kind of melted away and then the last 4 people said we're off now and guy and I decided to stay for one more drink. Alone. He asked again about my home life and was obviously dropping hints to find out if there was someone I was going back to - he said "so...you are going back tomorrow to your daughter and....whoever??".

Just before the bar closed, he went to the toilet. When he came back he had obviously been thinking and decided to do something. He'd planned it out. He came straight out with "I shouldn't say this...but I'm going to....you have the loveliest smile. It just lights up your whole face. I can't stop looking at it. It's lovely. Just going to throw that out there and see what happens". He said it very unconfidently, not like a charmer or someone just trying it on. He came across as quite vulnerable like he wasn't sure if I liked him in that way.

I was speechless - I really didn't expect it. Of course I knew there was an attraction but I didn't think he'd actually bring it out to the surface like that. I mumbled thank you and said that he was going to make me blush. Complete flirting fail. There were so many things I could have said back about what I like about him - to have given him something back... He reverted back awkwardly to talking about work which I couldn't get my head around.

We left the bar and stood outside in the street and we were going in the opposite directions (bear in mind it's Christmas drinks time and we are virtually outside our office door...). He stood there just staring at me - full on eye contact for about 10 seconds and then said "I have to go...before...that smile of yours is killing me". I said "guy, it's not just you. It's mutual" and he sort of chuckled ironically to himself then turned around and walked off quickly.

I couldn't believe that someone I'd fancied from afar, within 2 weeks of meeting them, had got to the point where we'd gone out, made a real connection and he'd kind of acted on it despite our respective positions.

and now
after last night
I'm heartbroken

I'll pm any of you guys that wants to know but not writing it openly on here

From a food perspective, I went and bought a big Kentucky fried chicken meal on the way home, ate about 1/4 of it, felt sick and left it all there. No chocolate...no binging..so at least that's a positive.

oh no, what's happened? hope you are ok xx

Aw hon, I've been enthralled! Hope you're ok, feel free to pm if u want to offload etc. Don't worry about the food, we all have blips xx

Scales say 229lbs so the beer and KFC don't seem to have done much damage. Personally though I am a bit wrecked. Just pleased it hasn't led to chocolate and biscuits and rubbish. I actually feel like closing my mouth and not putting anything in it again. Will PM. Thank you all for listening.
x

Toots I can't Pm you - you have to post more first!

hey Binkybonk, you've come in at a really de motivational point I'm afraid. I will be moping around forlornly over a man for at least the next...year!!! On the plus side I feel sick all the time and don't want to eat a thing so should lose lots of weight!

thanks Claire. I'll do my best. Hard though - I am back in the office on tues and have a client call with him. will have to be smiley and professional (I wonder if he'll notice they are smiles but with sad eyes though...)

Back