Time to change over from CD...

mick_in_warrington

hello all,

i've lost a stone on the CD SS+ in 3 weeks, but quite frankly, i'm finding it a tad boring now, as i think a lot of people do after a while, due to the lack of taste stimuli, and the pleasure of eating meat with proper veg! (and scratchings - yes, i've read the threads lol!)

I'm not knocking the CD, far from it, but having done a stint on atkins, several years back, i know it was something i was comfortable with at the time, and as it operates on ketosis as well, i hope to have no problems switching over. Induction will be followed properly, water intake will continue at 4+ litres a day, and exercise has been upped significantly over the past month, meaning the benefits i've gained from CD will be built on.

Have spent all morning reading through a lot of the various threads, very informative and amusing too, so will hopefully be chatting to a few people when i'm on here.

Jim, i've already spoken to you a few times, and now i may well have to up the posting rate if i'm going to be lurking on your board!

continued good luck to everyone

mick

Hi Mick, how are you mate? It'll be good to see you kicking around the Atkins threads.

Welcome mate.

cheers mate, just felt it was time to change - nothing to do with the discipline of it, as i was managing well enough with that, but down to the fact i want to enjoy eating the 'right' things on atkins. Some will argue the CD makes it simple, and in some ways it does, but i for one feel much better actually eating food rather than just slurping shakes all the time. Thanks again for the welcome, and i'm sure i'll catch you soon :)

Hi Mick
welcome to atkins, I am new to the board too.
I did LL last year so know just what you mean about boring, and needing to eat proper food, this is the first diet I have actually enjoyed and not felt the need to overeat.
good luck and happy eating :D

Hi mick, welcome. Im a newbie, I did 2 and a half weeks of cambridge and it worked wonderfully well but I missed a drink and food too much to carry on!
Im doing charles clarke new high protein diet, very similar to atkins. Im sticking to my tuesday weigh in and the first week I gained 2lbs which I dont think is too bad considering moving from 500 kcal per day to gazillions! Well not quite but you know what I mean lol.
Hoiping for a better weigh in next tues, really want to weigh myself but not giving in till tues morning!
Good luck

thanks ali, much appreciated, i know i'll feel more comfy on this one too, and over the long haul will look forward to some good results

thanks fluffyclouds, i do miss the eating, obviouslt not the carbs, but the low carb things i still enjoy. Im prepared for the fact i may have to put a bit on to lose what i want, as you rightly say, it's going up as regards food intake, but im pinching Jim's philosophy - forget about the calories, and concentrate on the carbs, and just eat til ur satisfied, not overdoing it til u feel bloated, which i know i used to do. not heard of the one you're doing - is there any threads on here regarding it?

good luck with it, by the way, i wish you well, and hope i can do it too!

thanks laura, seems that there's a few ex-cders on here, so at least i know im not on my own. good luck to you too

I think there comes a point where you just need to put something solid in your mouth lol
With CD apart from porriage thats a no no
At least with Atkins you can go out for dinner and its not so obvios (sp) to your mates when your out
Im hoping my ladybird will move another pound tommorow and im sure youll get the same

Hi Mick, we are practically neighbours, we're in Wigan. Like you I did CD (VOM!) but could only stomach two weeks.
See you around x

Hi Mick, exactly the same for me, I started on LL and cannot knock it, It helped me by giving me a kickstart, apart from the fact of thinking that the diet is a little too extreme and wanting to live like a normal person that is, I do feel that CD and LL are the sort of diets that you can use as a springboard, last on as long as you find you are able and then move onto the Atkins. Plus, I don't even consider this diet as a tool to lose weight anymore, I know that this is a new way of eating for life.

hey Chunka, i did notice you were a wigan lass, and when i first moved to the north west in 2001, i lived halfway between hindley and platt bridge for 2 years, and loved it. wiganers are dead friendly people too!

i just had to start eating proper food again, altho the cd shakes and bars were nice enough, they weren't very substantial. catch u around, chick!

Hellraiser, you're spot on mate, a springboard is exactly right, as it gives you the impetus to carry on, especially once you hit ketosis, and want to stay there, already knowing it's the carbs you have to continue steering clear of.

I agree with you about not thinking of atkins as a diet as such, and the key is training yourself to know the things you can eat without fear of going back to my bad old habits!

Hi Mick, welcome and good luck :)

Hi anna, thanks for the welcome

Back