Time to change

shazza87

Pregnancy number 2. I said i will not pile on the pounds like my last pregnancy. But so far that's not the case, I'm 13 weeks today- i think, first scan on Friday to confirm dates (can't wait!!!) And already gained 5lbs :-(

I said i wouldn't eat rubbish, but still been stuffing my face with all you can eat buffets, chocolate cake, everything. So I'm here to change and eat healthy and watch my weight before it gets to out of control. So as of today going to start a diary to try keep me on track. I'm already feeling low and depressed about my weight and put on 2inches on my waist and hips. :-( And have just read and found out that from now on I'm supposed to be putting a pound on per week- arghh- i hope that's not true, I'm going to be hugeee!!

Hey shazza welcome Hun I am 33 weeks gained 3 stone so far I'm a eating machine I tried to b healthy at start it don't work for me whilst preggers I will worry in a few weeks time about my weight I'm enjoying it at the mo whilst I can because when baby is born I'm
Hitting the diet strict ! X where r u from x

Hi shazza, I'm on baby no 2 I also said the same, with my first I put on over 3 and a half stone. I struggled a lot in the beginning but I'm 34+3 days now and have gained 2st 4lb's so far. Just enjoy your pregnancy don't worry too much about wdggt, at least if you try it's still better than nothing. I lost 4st 8lbs after my first in 13 months, and I wasn't even very good at dieting. I do believe baby weight is easier to shift - it may not leave my body in the best shape though lol x

Congratulations hun, hope you have a healthy pregnancy.
I had my 3rd baby a mth ago, only put on half stone by end of pg, so I've lost lil bit of weight after birth. I did diet on and off pg but I wasn't too stricted if I fancied something then I would have it and I kept active I use to do an hr of walking most days. With my second baby I gained 3 stone but it was easy to lose after birth so definiately agree pg weight is much easier to lose than long term weight.

Oasis, how did you lose over 4 stone in 13 mths? thats brilliant x

Shazza Good luck with ur scan on friday x

Girls last 2 days I have had a full fat coke it tastes so good !!!! That's it for me now or the addiction will kick in 2 surly won't hurt lol

hey, i'm from manchester, its soo hard!! If i feel hungry i feel sick so eat. I can't really remember if i felt like that in my first pregnancy because i constantly ate. Went from a size 8-18!! Only managed to get back down to a 12.
O god my body after a baby!!! i knew it was bad when the nurse said 'lift your belly up' to check my scar. And also some one had commented (behind my back) saying i no shes pregnant but shes took the mic. meaning my weight.
God, half a stone, that great!!! wish i only put that on.
I daren't touch full fat coke, i no what my addiction to choc is like!!

Cas3 said:
Congratulations hun, hope you have a healthy pregnancy.
I had my 3rd baby a mth ago, only put on half stone by end of pg, so I've lost lil bit of weight after birth. I did diet on and off pg but I wasn't too stricted if I fancied something then I would have it and I kept active I use to do an hr of walking most days. With my second baby I gained 3 stone but it was easy to lose after birth so definiately agree pg weight is much easier to lose than long term weight.

Oasis, how did you lose over 4 stone in 13 mths? thats brilliant x

Shazza Good luck with ur scan on friday x

To be honest Cas I haven't a clue, I lost 23lb in the first 5 days, wasn't eating healthy but didn't have an appetite, some was baby and I seemed to have a lot of water retention. I think by a month I'd lost 2 n half stone nearly by trying not to eat so much rubbish but wasn't dieting. Then the I just cut out a lot of processed foods but mostly just cut my portion sizes because at first I wasn't in the frame of mind to diet I think I lost just over a stone in a few months doing that, some come off and then went back on again. Then I'd lost a stone doing sw. Of course leading up to my wedding and first 7 weeks of pregnancy I was just really happy and not watching my food so put about 10lb's - a stone back on I think over about 3 months. I'm determined to stick to it better this time though after. I was overweight before both pregnancies xx

Shazza I wud need to lift my stomach up to see my scar I think its the same for most of us.
Jessie thats amazing after I had my first I was addicted to the gym! can't go now with having 2 l'os and my local gym is rubbish! your going to do so well once ur baby is here x

I was very lucky wiv my first pg lost 2 and half stone in begining and after I had her I was a stone lighter, I lost another stone a wk later naturally after my milk dried up and then went to gym after recovered from my secction. I kept weight off for about 2 yrs. But gained alot of weight when I came off the pill so was over weight wiv my last 2 pregnancies.

Oasis you done so well, ur also do great once ur baby arrives:) With Hollie ive lost 23 lbs but think ive put 3 bk on, thats why im calorie counting need to lose 2 stone to get back to how I use to be xx

Last edited:
I really didn't want to put any weight on but so far I've gained 12lbs and I'm 25 weeks but weigh in is today so I might have (probably) gained more lol I'm trying to keep my weight gain at half a lb a week and I'm on track so far!

Question for ladies who had babies before did gaining a lot of weight mean your fundal height was above average?

X x x

First time it was above average only ever by 2 weeks, but I was carrying a lot of water and fluid. This time I'm measuring on time, except one midwife told me I was measuring 3 weeks ahead but I'd had my scan that morning and baby was measuring a week behind so I don't really pay attention xx

I'm measuring on time, this was my first time to be measured and I was just wondering if weight gain made a difference my next appointment is the 4/6 so we will see lol

X x x

mummy2bslim -12lbs is still really good for 25 wks just stick to sw and ur be fine. Fundal height isnt usualy accurate most wks I was 1-2 cm behind and my baby was 7.8lbs, my growth scan showed her weight was below average but she caught up, i've never measured a head with any of my babies always either on time or few cm behind and my other 2 weighed 6.10 and 9.6lbs x

Girls I'm so swollen that's y I rekon 3 stone part of it is water I really pray this drops off when Millie is born x

xxxjessiexxx said:
Girls I'm so swollen that's y I rekon 3 stone part of it is water I really pray this drops off when Millie is born x

I'm sure it will, it did with me. I felt huge with my first felt so fat, bloated, swollen. This time I don't feel anyway near as big as I look - not sure if that's a good thing or not but a few people have said I'm not as big as I was with Jack xx

I traveled from the other side of the world 7 months pregnant. I really really swollen up, i thought i was ready to pop. That journey was the longest most horriblest ever!! Stuck in a middle seat to when the bf was on the end with loads of leg room cuz he gets a bit of cramp, bloody cheeky bugger! Ended up keep sitting on the flight attendants chair but getting asked to move, then i went to go back to my seat and hes sprawled out over the both of them fast asleep. Then afterwards said o its unconfy on here I'm so tired but you can't get to sleep on here can you, o really, you was doing a very good impression! Yes, I've never let him live it down!!

Anyway... yeah, i've lost half a pound. Yesterday was a good day only bad stuff i had was bag of crisp and 8 chunks of choc (this is very good for me, i can eat a whole bar) I don't want to stop choc all together because, well i don't think i can. Went to bodycombat and 40mins walking with pram

Past few days i felt in such a wierd mood. Like i just don't want to move and be miserable and sooo sooo unbelievably tired. I have been craving red bulls. I have just wanted to crawl back in bed and stay in bed all day long. Haven;t had the car this week which has helped, means i HAD to get of my bum and walk to baby classes.

Yesterday had take little un to doctors. He has bronchitis so every time he gets a cold he can never get rid of it. Well his cold goes away but he's left with this awful cough on his chest and he's just constantly coughing all night, bless him its awful. But in the day he's still happy as anything.

Both Tue and Wed i couldn't be bothered doing body pump, but dragged myself there, and once there i was fine and loved every min. Came Out feeling miles better.

Lost 1 3/4lbs- Yeahhh!!! Means my total weight gain so far is just under 4lbs. This might creep up again tho, my birthday today baby scan tomorrow and after baby scan going out for something to eat. When asked what i fancy eating, going to try my hardest not to blurt out all you can eat Chinese.

Happy Birthday! Its mine tomorrow lol. Good luck for your scan tomorrow..I loved going for my scans theres nothing nicer than seeing the baby :) You have done really well with your weight so far x

Back