Time to fight the flab!!!

Take a look at the Atkins questions answered and the sugar alcohols and why Atkins bars are evil threads before buying from the low carb shops - most of the sweets / pasta substitutes etc are not a great idea. I buy 1 carb ketchup and davinci syrups (which are sweetened with Splenda not sugar alcohols) and that's all. A few people here buy the tortillas, but they're not induction friendly.

Best advice is to avoid buying 'substitute' type products for as long as you can.

I bought the mini meringue things from there a long time ago, and they were absolutely disgusting, lol. I did enjoy low carb maple syrup though, can't remember which one i bought.

Yes in general the sweet things are overpriced and taste foul - and most are sweetened with maltitol which has a GI higher than orange juice and should be counted as 75% carbs rather than carb free.

There are a couple of things worth buying, it can just be a minefield finding them, especially if you're new.

I was told they was abit rubbish too? I'm staying away it may make me binge lol xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I thought the same when I was looking at all the desserts!

Lost another pound today:)

And got my brother started on it on Wednesday and has lost 5lbs already!!

So today I finished my induction

I've just made chocolate macaroons from
Cocoa
Butter
Desiccated coconut
Grounds almonds
Splenda
And salt

Is this ok??

Dessicated coconut is ok if you've decided to move on to OWL and add nuts in. Make sure you're counting the carbs. Splenda is fine but preferably liquid or tablets - granulated Splenda is mixed with a carby filler so you need to add 1g carbs per tsp. cocoa, again, count the carbs.

I don't use coconut in cooking myself but do use almonds. All your ingredients should be ok in the nut rung of OWL so long as you count carbs. I try not to have more than 5g carbs from a 'dessert' type meal in one day (I allow myself a little more per meal if it's just veggies).

Pictures please!

Chocolate coconut macaroons! Yum

Attachments

• image-33636163.jpg
    image-33636163.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 38
yes you can i stayed on them for a few months, i found i was hitting a bit of a plateau so changed things up a little and now its better again! do you have a copy of the book?

No but I must get one, Ive had 2 of my macaroons tonight do you think I can go straight back to induction tomorrow?? Or will they have affected it??

You can stay on induction as long as you want - many people do. Some people stay on the first rung or two of owl (like me). I think in the Atkins book it says up to 6 months on induction, but people have definitely done longer.

Am sure a couple of low carb macaroons won't have affected anything!

They look amazing!!! Move over to owl whenever ur ready
induction is known to have better losses as ur eating less carbs, I'm Staying on it for 6 weeks Christmas, having a break at Christmas then going to owl x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Move onto owl when you want a wider variety of food or need a break from induction or are within a stone or so of your goal. Some people stay on induction right up to goal, some do 2 weeks induction and start owl. It's personal choicexx

I aim to stay mostly on induction, but occasionally have OWL days when i feel i want/need to. I've probably got another 12 months to go yet before i get to where i want to be (or longer!).

I had to throw my chocolate macaroons away yesterday as after ate one I could have kept going until they were all gone!! No more dessert baking for me until I can trust myself! X

Today's menu*

Breakfast.
3 egg omelette with cheese and a small amount of chopped tomatoes, cup of tea with 3 sweetners and dash of cream

Lunch.
Peppered pork steaks with cauliflower cheese. Glass of water

No dinner

Snacks
Chocolate Cheesecake, no base and a can of diet coke

Missing my juice

Which is the healthiest and Atkins friendly juice to add to water??

Back