Time to fight the flab!!!

Hmmm lovely will try that this week. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Why have I put 2lbs on??? I've been doing really well my cals have been abit low but sticking to carbs I average about 16 grams a day, I did have a couple jack Daniels and coke zero on friday??? I'm really disappointed:(

On the plus side I made another batch of oopsie rolls and they worked out great:)

Guess the first recipe I chose was a dud! Lol xx

Hey hun don't get upset it's probably just water weight Deffo not a real gain!! Wen I did a vlcd which is impossible to gain on I showed gains but they arnt real :)

I still need to make the oppsie roll, is it good xxx

I hope so:(

There nice :)
They definitely hit the spot,
The first batch I done were disgusting! Made me feel sick!

This is the recipe I just used:)

Cleochatra's Oopsie Rolls

Introduction
Wonderful and very versatile bread substitute!

Minutes to Prepare: 20
Minutes to Cook: 30
Number of Servings: 6

Ingredients
3 large eggs
1 packet of Splenda
1 dash salt
1 pinch cream of tartar
3 ounces cream cheese

Directions
This recipe comes from Cleochatra's "The Lighter Side of Low Carb" blog. There is a lot more about these rolls there, including a recommendation for special pans to cook them in.

http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/2008/03/oopsie-perfection-at-good-price.html

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Separate the eggs and add Splenda, salt, and cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together.

In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture).

Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.

Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store them in a bread sack or a ziplock bag to keep them from drying out.

Makes 6 @ about 85 calories a piece, >1 carb per.

Don't worry it's not a real one :)

Ohhhh lovely thanks hun I will Try them this week!

Are they abit like a scone? Xxx

I love my oopsie rolls.

I'd blame the booze for the wee gain myself - it can dehydrate you and cause your body to hang on to a little bit of water, but are you weighing daily or weekly? My weight regularly fluctuates up and down a pound or two during the week, an average person's weight can fluctuate by as much as 4lbs a DAY - so weighing weekly and only taking the weight on official weigh day keeps me sane.

If you gain 2lbs overnight it's always water weight, for any of the myriad reasons we store it. If I ate a sandwich today I wouldn't put on 2lbs of fat but I would put on a few lbs of water weight.

It's also very normal to stall or see some fluctuations in week 2 or 3 of the diet as your body is pausing to adjust to its new regime.

I know it pees me off coz I haven't touched a sip in a month then had one bad day and bam!! I will not touch another drop now until Christmas when I have my champagne ;) xxx

Was your donner meat the chunks or the slices? The sliced stuff can be secretly carby and packed with wheat based fillers so it's always best to stick to the shish type kebab meat if you can - that might be another water weight culprit. It's frustrating I know but you're still doing great, keep going. And you can always post daily menus on here if you want any reassurance of being on track xx

Sliced:(:(

I hope it comes off me next week, thanks for you support :)
Here's some of my menus in the last week

Thursday

B: 2 slices of bacon 2 poached eggs tbsp of chopped tomatoes

L: smoked mackerel with babyleaf salad tsp mayo spring onion

D: donner meat with lettuce:(

Drinks : water, tea and can of coke zero

Friday

B: same as Thursday

L: bacon ribs and chicken drumstick

D: mince with mushrooms and onions with cauliflower mash topped with cheese

Drinks: stupid jds and cokes!!!

Saturday

B: 1 Richmond sausage, 2 poached eggs tbsp chopped tomatoes

L: pork belly with cauliflower cheese

D: mixed shish kebab meat with salad ( the good stuff)

Drinks: water and 2 cans of diet coke.

Richmond sausages also have carby wheat based filler. One sausage isn't a disaster but might just have compounded things - if you have a look at the shopping list sticky there are some really low carb varieties of sausage listed there.

Really, try not to worry too much and don't beat yourself up. Carbs sneak in in places you just wouldn't expect them sometimes but just sticking to it and keeping going is the best way to deal with it. I had some chicken curry thing back in summer, low carb but had yogurt in it which is a higher level of owl. I thought I'd be ok but I gained a couple of lbs and figured out that I was sensitive to yogurt. It's a learning process xx

Hi
I agree that it's not a real gain - just water.
I tend to track my weight differently when doing Atkins as your weight does fluctuate more (water weight) and then for me, often stays the same for a while and then drops a few pounds so instead of the weekly weigh in, I just log when I have a loss and then log the next loss and don't worry in between.. If you stick to the plan, it will come off.

Definitely watch the Richmond sausages. I love those but they are high in carbs.

Otherwise your menus look good. You can have more than a teaspoon of mayo if you wish. I find it helps to increase the fat.

Carbs sneak in in places you just wouldn't expect them sometimes but just sticking to it and keeping going is the best way to deal with it. I had some chicken curry thing back in summer, low carb but had yogurt in it which is a higher level of owl. I thought I'd be ok but I gained a couple of lbs and figured out that I was sensitive to yogurt. It's a learning process xx

ML is so right - remember, this is a completely new woe (way of eating) for you - and you've never had to be a carb detective before! But you'll soon know where the sneaky carbs lie.

Cooking from scratch is a big plus for this. I think it's the major reason for me actually getting in the kitchen and using an oven for the first time in years - you know exactly what's going in to your meals :)

Yesterday's menu

B: spam and scrambled eggs

L: chicken satay skewers

D: oopsie bread with homemade cheeseburger with lettuce

Snack: oopsie bread with smoked mackerel and cream cheese

Today's menu

B: oopsie bread spam and fried egg

L: ham salad oopsie sandwich

D: 3 salt and pepper chicken drumsticks with lettuce and mayo

Snacks: 3 squares 85% cocoa choc

Looks like you are doing good and back on track.... that 2lb will be gone in no time if you stick with it.

Back