Time to get back on track and stay there!!!

Mel2

Silver Member
Before Christmas I successfully lost 35lbs following the SW plan and was really quite proud of myself. Then I had a few days off at Christmas and very stupidly havent got back on track since. I've had a few days every week when I'm good then it all goes wrong for the rest of it. I've had enough of fannying around and as from tomorrow I will be 100%. I remember the fantastic feeling I got when I was losing weight regularly and how good it felt to buy new clothes in smaller sizes. Now I'm just throwing all that away and very slowly starting to put it back on again. No more!
From tomorrow I will write down every morsel that passes my lips and get some control back. I will weigh myself to see the damage in the morning, give myself a massive kick up the bum and start afresh. Wish me luck!

Good luck Mel - giving yourself a kick up the bum should be good exercise for starters - try to swing your arms while you do it :)

I've actually put on 9lbs since Christmas and am so annoyed with myself. It has spurred me back into action today and I've been 100% so far.I'm having an extra easy day.

Breakfast - Half a tin of baked beans on 2 slices weight watchers wholemeal bread(hexb). Banana.

Lunch - Ham salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot) and a thai mugshot (0.5 syns). Mullerlight and a peach.

Dinner - Homemade spicy potato wedges, ham, mushroom and cheese (hexa) omelette, salad.

Pudding - Frozen mullerlight

Snack - kitkat chunky 12.5 syns

Supper - A mug of chocolate brownie Options - 3 syns

Total syns 16

Last edited:
Breakfast- 2 kiwi fruits, a banana and a mullerlight

Lunch - Ham salad (lamb's lettuce, rocket, tomato, beetroot) with 3 ryvitas (hexb) and 71g philadelphia light (hexa). Mullerlight.

Snack - Peach

Dinner - Quorn bolognaise type sauce (made with quorn mince, passata, mushrooms, onions, garlic, carrots, stock cubes ), with steamed new potatoes, runner beans, sweetcorn and freshly picked peas from my garden!

Pudding - Mullerlight

Snack - Orange and some Mikado sticks (15syns)

Total syns - 15

Last edited:
Breakfast - Porridge (hexb)made with 28g oats, sweetener, water and a scan bran broken up into it, with some raspberries thrown on top after cooking.

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Mushroom, cheese, courgette and lentil loaf (hexa) with salad. Mullerlight, nectarine and pear.

Snack - jam doughnut (11 syns) and 2 boiled sweets (allowing 2 syns each for these)

Dinner - Spaghetti bolognaise (lots of added veg in the sauce) with 42g low fat cheese (hexa)

Supper - Fibreplus bar (hexb) and an orange

Total syns - 15

I've been doing so well but my Mum has just called asking us round for dinner on Saturday and she's making lasagne! It wont be slimming world friendly but I will allow myself a one off treat and have a small portion with lots of salad then straight back to it after.

Last edited:
Breakfast - Porridge (hexb) made with 28g oats, sweetener & water with a scan bran crumbled in, mixed berries.

Lunch - Mushroom, lentil, courgette and cheese (hexa) loaf with rocket and tomato. mullerlight, pear, banana.

Snack - grapes

Dinner - Ham, 'fried' egg & chips. Tomato ketchup (2 syns)

Pudding - A punnet of cherries

Snack - Tesco yum yum (13 syns)

Total syns - 15

The less said about yesterday's food the better - major blip but back on track this morning.

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - 2 ham sandwiches with loads of salad (2xhexb), activia ff yoghurt, orange and 2 kiwi fruits as they were starting to go soft and needed using up!

Dinner - 3 sausages (0.5 syns each), lean bacon, 2 'fried' eggs, mushrooms, grilled tomato, 2 hash browns (7 syns) Tomato ketchup (2 syns)

Pudding - A take on one of the recipes in the new mag, can't remember what it's called and I altered it slightly. I put stoned cherries in the bottome of a glass, covered in low fat custard(3 syns), then mixed 3 tsps of chocolate brownie options (3 syns) with a vanilla activia yoghurt and poured on top. was absolutely yummy!!! I've made another for tomrrow as well!!!

Have since checked and its called a cherry knickerbocker glory. Can highly recommend the recipe!
Total syns -

Last edited:
Breakfast - porridge made with water and sweetener and scan bran with mixed berries (hexb)

Lunch - lentil mushroom and courgette loaf (hexa for cheese in it) with salad. Activia cc yoghurt, an orange

Snack - banana and pear

Dinner - cheesey pasta made with pasta, natural ff yoghurt, an egg, 84g bacon (hexb) and cheese (hexa plus 6 syns)

Pudding - cherry knickerbockerglory type thing same as yesterday (6 syns)

Total syns - 12

Last edited:
Breakfast - porridge scan bran and mixed berries (hexb)

Lunch - spaghetti on toast (hexb), activia ff yoghurt, pear and banana

Snack - 8 cauldron falafels (8syns) and 2 richtea biscuit (4 syns)

Dinner - 3 bean chilli with rice and cheese (2 hexa )

Total syns 12

Last edited:
Breakfast - yoghurt and 2 bananas

Lunch - bacon, fried eggs, grilled tomato, mushrooms and a bread roll (hexb). Tomato ketchop (2 syns)

Snack - 2 satsumas, yoghurt and a banana

Dinner - 3 bean chilli with rice and cheese(hexa)

Pudding - cherry knickerbockerglory again! 6 syns

Total syns - 8

Breakfast - porridge with scanbran and berries (hexb)

Snack - lemon cupcake (15 syns)

Lunch - ham salad with hard boiled egg and rice. Activia ff yoghurt and cherries

Dinner - quorn bolognause with pasta and cheese (hexa)

Total syns 15

Breakfast - 2 small banana, activia ff yoghurt

Lunch - 1 small wholemeal roll (hexb) topped with wilted spinach, and 2 poached eggs and asparagus. Tomato ketchup (2 syns), activia ff yoghurt and nectarine

Oops been AWOL for the past few days. Had a very stressful weekend and haven't had the opportunity to visit minimins. Back now though.

Breakfast - large fruit salad with strawberry ff activia

Lunch - ham salad with some left over pasta and beetroot . Yoghurt.

Dinner - steak, sauteed potatoes, mushrooms, tomato, mini corn on the cob and mange tout. Tiny glass of wine (5 syns)

Pudding - syn free pancakes with 1 tbsp golden syrup (2 syns) and reduced sticky blackberries (1 syn)

Smack -Galaxy cake bar (8 syns)

Total syns 16

Just realised I haven't eaten my hexa or hexb - will do better tomorrow!

Last edited:
Breakfast - 2 small bananas

Brunch - 2 bgty sausages (1 syn), bacon, eggs, baked beans, tomato and mushrooms with 2 slices wholemeal bread (hexb) and spread (4 syns). Tomato ketchup (1 syn)

Dinner - plaice with roasted veg and a rocket + tomato salad

Snacks - aarrgg feel very ashamed of myself whilst typing this - 1 twister ice lolly (4.5 syns), 1 cornetto (? 10 syns ish) and a millionaires shortbread square (15 syns)

Total syns -35.5
Total syns -

Last edited:
Breakfast - beans on toast (hexb) and big slice of melon

Lunch - some left over syn free mousakka (hexa for cheese on it) with salad. Yoghurt and orange.

Dinner - ham egg and SW chips. Tomato sauce (2 syns)

Snack - time out single bar( 4.5 syns) and 2 biscuits (5 syns)

Supper - activia ff yoghurt.whole Grapefruit

Total syns 11.5

Last edited:
Back