Time to stop messing!

I know how that feels. My son emigrated to New Zealand 13 years ago. I will never forget the day he left. It will get easier over time. I will be thinking of you and your family.

Doreen xxxxx

_______________________________________________________________________________Thats my line, back on plan from today!

After losing 3lbs last week, this week has been a disaster! To be honest I knew it would be...too much going on in the background with family and * week to add to the emotions!

Anyhoo....

Breakfast - Fruit and Muller light yoghurt
Large mug of green tea

Lunch - Jacket Potato with salad

Dinner - chicken chow me in (8 syns)

Last edited:
Thanks Doreen, it was tough and feel drained. Sometimes being so close has its drawbacks but I'd never change that. Hope you are well x

I am well thanks. Have your family gone yet, if not when do they leave and will you go to the airport?

I put on 2lbs last week and I know it was because I ate too much. I am at the monent writing down some of my old diaries so I can get back some of the ideas I had when I was losing a bit.

I have drawn a line too x

Hi Doreen,

Yes, they flew Thursday evening. My brother in law has been there since March, and my sister and niece flew out to join him. I didn't go to the airport as mum and dad took them through and I wanted to give them some time. My 7 year old daughter took them leaving very hard so I waited till they left and headed back home to her (my husband took her and our wee boy home before they left). At the moment it feels like they are on holiday...I'm having mum, dad and Granma round for dinner today - bit of an occasion as I am a very reluctant cook lol!

Are your family still in New Zealand?

Kept to plan yesterday and have been out for a run today. Will keep diary proper from tomorrow as too much going on today...

You'll get your 2lbs off quickly at least we both know where we've gone wrong - sometimes life does that.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend xxx

Yes, Andy is still there. There is no chance of him returning to England to live. He may be over for a wedding next year.

His wife has has some illness over the last few years, she had a brain tumour luckily it was malignant and then had ulcerative colitus. She has been bad which is why I have not been over in two years. My son did say at the time that no matter what he would not take his sons to England to live. They are kiwi`s and he wants them to live there.
Lets hope he never has to make that choice. Julie is a very strong person and is training for a new job.

People tellme to skype instead of talking on the phone, but that I can`t do because it upsets me to much because I can`t hold him.

Enough of that I will be in tears.

Nobody needs advice at this time - all I can say especially for you, your children and your Mum and Dad, talk about them even if it upsets

May be more another time. xxxx :bighug:Doreen

Last edited:
Ok so yesterday was a disaster-healthy eating started well with fruit for breakfast then a long journey south and boredom set in and another line is drawn! I will not allow this to continue so once again __________________

1/10/13
Breakfast - 40g All Bran and skimmed milk (hex a and b)

Lunch

2/10/13

Breakfast - Fruit

Lunch - 2 mug shots and large bag of raw carrots

Snack - 3 x Satsumas

Dinner - Ham and Chicken Omelette and Baked Beans
2 x Mullerlight Yoghurt

Green Tea

Finally a day on track...long may it continue! Tomorrow evening is a work conference meal but I am determined to stick to plan.

You can only do your best. Not always good enough I know. I keep messing up and don`t have a conference or work to hinder me.

I have to go back to my diary and edit it several time cause I keep changing things:sigh:

Feel in the right frame of mind to get back on track...

5/10/13
Breakfast - 2 x muller light yogurt

Lunch - 2 x Babybel light (hex) omelette and baked beans

Dinner - chicken chow mein 8 syns

Swimming

This diary definitely does help, when I've been off track I feel really guilty!

Anyway 1 day down...6 to go till weigh in!

6/10/13

5km run and gym.

Breakfast - 2 slices Wholemeal bread (toast) and 1 laughing cow light triangle (hex A and B)
Green Tea

Lunch - Sweet Potato and Tomato soup with 'Artisan' Bread (going to syn bread at 9, wasn't a lot but think that will cover)
Sparkling water and 2 pots off green tea

Dinner - Chicken breast, mashed potato (no butter, will use laughing cow light from hex b) and lots of veg. Followed by muller light

Happy Sunday!

Last edited:
Nanny Doreen - laughing cow in mash was a hit!

2 days down...5 to go...

This morning has been a bit of a rush, I'm at the airport waiting for a work flight south so had to grab breakfast. I've posted in syn values as not sure what I had was the best - tasted great though!

Breakfast - Costa blueberry breakfast pot
Green Tea

Ok, so now sitting on runway as flight has long delay! Should have left 0840 this morning (it's 1120) and we've just been told we will be sitting a here for another hour and 10 minutes!!!!! I am typing this as a distraction...they have decided to serve the hot breakfast, arghhhhh! Never has airline food smelt so good!

I've said 'no thank you' but now need to bury my head in the forum so I don't watch the poor lady sitting next to me eat rack mouthful!!

Must be good, must be good, must be good!

Out for dinner with colleagues tonight but sticking to plan...must be good!

OMG there is nothing worse than sitting in a plane on the tarmac. I have been there in the past, but in the end they let us offfor a couple of hours. I do sympathise with you.

I've bought a pedometer to see how much I "don't" move just need to set it up and will wer it from tomorrow.

Thanks for the comments!

Well today I braved the scales as I've avoided for 4 weeks and I'm not surprised to say I've put in 6lbs! I can't even be disappointed as I have been truly awful. I'm away again next week with work at full on evening dinners/drinks but I need to get control back as deep down I'm miserable about how I've let things slip.

Went out and ran 4 miles with intervals this morning. Tomorrow morning I've arranged to go to gym with friend as I've got a new program to follow...out shopping with mum today but I'm going to drive so lunch isn't accompanied by wine!

Not much of a food diary really-sorry...

Breakfast - All Bran with skimmed milk (hex a and b) and muller light

Lunch - Egg mayo on Wholemeal roll - will be syns but unsure

Dinner - Chicken Chow Mein (8 syns)

Lots of green tea!!

Last edited:
Sunday 13/10/13

5km run on treadmill and core strength at gym

Breakfast - 2 x muller light yoghurts (running out door late)

Lunch - Homemade scotch broth soup with barley

Dinner - Extra lean mince and tatties with peas and carrots followed by strawberry covered in muller light.

Snacks 2 x muller light. Shopping week so no fruit in house, have sent hubby for some.

Lots of water and green tea

Last edited:
Back