Tina's Trials in SW land!!

So hi everyone, havnt been here for quite a while. In the time I've been away I've done a lot of thinking and, well, to cut a long story short, I am now officially heading towards weight loss surgery. Im nearly 40, weigh a lot and its preventing me from doing so much, like having kids and having a decent life. It seems like all I've ever known is dieting in one form or another, yet nothing works, I still go back to the same old things and say that this time it will be different, but it never is. I have talked it over with my family, who are relieved that I have finally seen the light and have wanted me to come to this conclusion for quite some time. Ive started the process already, im currently attending a weight management course ran by Change For Life, ive been for 4 weeks and lost half a stone. The course is for 12 weeks altogether. Ive been to a weight loss surgery seminar and am waiting for an appointment with a consultant in november/december time to see if i meet the criteria (which I have been told I do already) and get the go ahead and the funding. Then it will be a case of being referred to the surgeons and then have the op.

I have to say this is something that I have not gone into lightly. Like I say, Ive been big all my life, its all I can ever remember really, and i just want to be thinner, healthier and happier.

I'll keep coming back here and keep you all updated with my progress, hope you are all ok and shedding that weight!! :D

Well, I haven't been here for a while, so I thought I would update you with my happenings. I saw the consultant on 23rd January and I've been given the full go ahead for gastric surgery through the NHS. Ive got to have a full diabetic screening and a sleep aponea test and then its all go! So happy I can't believe to tell you all xxx :D

wow I cant believe i havent been here in 18 months.

So much has happened, I can hardly believe it myself.

I finally had a gastric sleeve on 13/01/2014. To date I have now lost 92lbs, or 6 stone 8lbs. Im turning into a very different looking person. I have gone from a size 30/32 top to a 22 and a size 32/34 trousers to a 26/28. heres a little gallery of what i used to look like and what I was like about 3 weeks ago. The surgery has given me my life back, I only wish I had done it years ago. I hope you are all ok and making your weight issues a thing of the past. I still have a long way to go but Ive never been happier! :) xxxxx

me!!.jpg

Back