Tina's Trials in SW land!!

So, havent been here for a couple of weeks. Things were starting to look up, the decrease in my medication was great, i started to feel like my old self, which was fantastic, I felt good for the first time since last year. Then, a week and a half ago, i decreased them again. Now, i am suffering with the withdrawal symptoms really really badly. I've had a constant headache for a week, I've been really really tired, friday i started going dizzy and since saturday felt very sick. food has gone out of the window, cannot concentrate on it, just downing energy drinks and sugary things to give me some energy, but i think thats whats giving me the headaches even worse!! Anyway, Im starting back today, got new weigh in day this week, its gone back to Thursday so got a few days to make a difference to the scales at least.

I just wish that for once I could start doind something and not have anything get in the way. i was progressing really well and felt fantastic, and now my health is just bringing me down again........ :cry: at least this week is a short week at work (only 3 days!) so can have a rest next weekend and try and get my head in gear again.

Had a great time in stratford and the cotswolds, it was nice to get away, but it was sooooooo tiring, too much time on a bus travelling, think I'm getting old!!! Need to go back to sleep before hitting work again tomorrow!!! :nightf:

Hi Tina, sorry to hear you've had a rocky time of it, but here you are, full of positivity, refreshed from a holiday and raring to go again!! That's got to be a good thing!! I've never been to the Cotswolds but really want to!! Where would you recommend?X

Oh sweetie your really going through the mill, hope you start to feel better soon. The long weekend and some well deserved rest is just what the doctor ordered ;)
Don't stress about the food etc, your weight loss journey is there waiting for you when your feeling well enough xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks hev and Claire, thank you for your encouraging words. Been back to dr tonight and he's put me back up onto the higher dose so hopefully will be feeling better soon. Food once again is being substituted for bottles of Lucozade, cans of red bull and relentless, just to get me through the days........ I'm just gonna have to go and get weighed on Thursday, take the (very big) hit and hope that I can move on.

hev, we went to a place called Bourton on the water, its beautiful and would recommend it xx

Thanks hev and Claire, thank you for your encouraging words. Been back to dr tonight and he's put me back up onto the higher dose so hopefully will be feeling better soon. Food once again is being substituted for bottles of Lucozade, cans of red bull and relentless, just to get me through the days........ I'm just gonna have to go and get weighed on Thursday, take the (very big) hit and hope that I can move on.

hev, we went to a place called Bourton on the water, its beautiful and would recommend it xx

Glad to see you're taking action and have seen the Doc!! Hope you do feel better soon, and remember that there's no gain that can't be reversed!! The main thing is that you're going to get weighed and determined to tackle it!!

Bourton on the Water is a place that quite a few people have recommended so perhaps we'll book that soon!! XXX

thanks both of you, heres a pic of bourton on the water Heather so you can see what it looks like, lots of places around there are nice, we went to evesham and stow on the wold as well, they were just as lovely!

P4010053.jpg

Went to group last night and had put 5 and a half on, which considering I havent been to group in 2 weeks, been away, had 4 dinners out and been feeding myself enough lucozade to send me higher than a kite, I dont think thats too bad really. Back on plan today, so hoping to get rid of that before next week and get back on track again :eek:

Hi Tina, thanx for posting the picture- it looks really lovely and right up mine and Dai's street! Or river lol! Too much planned this year- weddings in May & June, Devon to visit parents in July, wedding in August, Center Parcs for parents anniversary in Sept, Barcelona on Oct, wedding in November, Christmas in December! Eeeeekk, busy times!! So perhaps next year!!

Don't panic about that gain- much of it will be bloat- and you can easily lose as much in a week! X

hi claire, yes Im ok hun, i decided a couple of weeks ago to take a break from going to class at slimming world at the moment. Work is hectic, my health is still rubbish and to be honest, affording it is becoming a strain as well.

I am still following it at home as much as i can and i have lost a few pounds but nothing substantial. my brain is not in weight loss mode at the moment, hoping it will return in a few weeks time so i can give it a really good run over the summer. been and bought a hula hoop to try and managed to get an exercise bike from freecycle so hoping to up the exercise as well.

hows things with you?? hows the new diet plan going? 2 stone already, thats an amazing achievement!! Sometimes i think i should try something like that, but i know ill break it and i dont have the money either........

reallyneedtodothis said:
hi claire, yes Im ok hun, i decided a couple of weeks ago to take a break from going to class at slimming world at the moment. Work is hectic, my health is still rubbish and to be honest, affording it is becoming a strain as well.

I am still following it at home as much as i can and i have lost a few pounds but nothing substantial. my brain is not in weight loss mode at the moment, hoping it will return in a few weeks time so i can give it a really good run over the summer. been and bought a hula hoop to try and managed to get an exercise bike from freecycle so hoping to up the exercise as well.

hows things with you?? hows the new diet plan going? 2 stone already, thats an amazing achievement!! Sometimes i think i should try something like that, but i know ill break it and i dont have the money either........

Ah bless your heart ((hugs))
Your sticking with it as much as you can and a loss no matter how small is a fab achievement when things are so tough.

Thinks are going really well thanks, just had a long weekend away with my sister in York, had a fab time and came off plan so ate and had a few drinks. Official weigh in result on Wednesday so expecting a gain but it'll be off and more next week so not worried.

The diet is going really well, easy to follow, tasty and costs less than my normal shopping bill so more money to spend on clothes as shrinking fast lol

Take care and keep in tough xxx

So sorry Tina that you're struggling with things at the moment and that you can't get to class right now! All you can do really is damage limitation if you're not feeling in the slimming 'zone'! I hope you soon feel a bit of umph and get your head around it again for lots of reasons XXXXXXXXX

thanks hev and claire, i really do appreciate all the support people are giving me at the moment xx im hoping that once i get settled i can get back into it and the weight will fall off!! xxxx

So, after having a very bad week, I've had a bad virus that made me dizzy and sick and I've hardly eaten anything, the weight loss is continuing and I've lost 6lb now. I know its not tremendous amounts but glad that I am managing without going to class and without having my head in it. Think its much better than self destructing!! Lol :)

Trying to keep sw in the back of my mind while im going through this and hoping it will pay off xx

So, hello again my friends. Havent been here for a while. Life is complicated, is it not?? trying to stick to plan but my body has other ideas. Im not losing weight even though Im trying very hard. Plus Im feeling very very tired and have no energy, all my muscles ache and i just dont have the strength to do anything! Finally went to the drs yesterday, ive had a borderline underactive thyroid for a couple of years so they think its this, had to have a lot of blood tests and ill get the results next week. Just want to know whats wrong so I can get back on with my life! :(

reallyneedtodothis said:
So, hello again my friends. Havent been here for a while. Life is complicated, is it not?? trying to stick to plan but my body has other ideas. Im not losing weight even though Im trying very hard. Plus Im feeling very very tired and have no energy, all my muscles ache and i just dont have the strength to do anything! Finally went to the drs yesterday, ive had a borderline underactive thyroid for a couple of years so they think its this, had to have a lot of blood tests and ill get the results next week. Just want to know whats wrong so I can get back on with my life! :(

Lovely to hear from you, sorry things are still tough but hopefully docs will get an answer soon. All you can do is keep trying and at least your not gaining (((hugs))) xx

thanks Claire, sorry for the late reply. My test results came back and nothing was wrong, just my platelet count was high and my ESR was high. My thyroid was fine, but my subclinical thyroid test did show that my brain thinks my thyroid is doing too much, so it could be on the verge of slowing.

Ive been back on the plan in some form this week, and just got weighed and lost 6lbs, so I am happy with that. My brain and my body still hurt and im still exhausted but thats a nice boost in the right direction! :)

just discovered I had a jar of Marshmallow Fluff in my cupboard, 1 syn per tsp or something like that?? it is immense, and so sugar filled, I only had 1.5 tsp and now I'm buzzing like I've had 3 cans of red bull!!!! hmmmm this may be my new secret weapon!! lol

Hi Tina, lovely to see you back! And congrats on that 6lb loss! You know you get great success when youre on it and your head is in the right place to deal with it! It's such a great feeling being in control isn't it! I wouldn't know that feeling in the last couple of weeks as have been a bit naughty and defo having a rather large gain tonight but its all my own doing and I have to take responsibility and pull it back this week big time! Me thinks lots of vegetables are going to be consumed this week!! Ha! I'm very interested in this marshmallow fluff discovery of yours! Sounds like a great weapon to me! I may have to invest! XXX

thanks heather hun, im so glad that all my friends are still here to wish me well despite not being here very often. I have to say that the marshmallow fluff is a definate winner, its about £1.50 from asda i think? my jar is from selfridges, i bought it ages ago!! but believe me, you dont need a lot and it definately gets rid of that sweet craving very quickly!!! I'm sure you will pull back any gain you would have had, you've done it before so you can do it again!! :)

Just got weighed this morning and lost another 4lb, so thats 10lb in 2 weeks. Im thinking that coming off my medication is having a positive impact, im not feeling as tired and im losing weight so hopefully im getting back on track :clap:

Going to the Olympics tomorrow to watch the football, will be seeing Brazil! Im sat in the seats behind the corner flag so you might see me waving like a mad woman!! Then on Tuesday got my hols in blackpool, hopefully gonna do a lot of walking and not much eating, but we'll see! :giggle:

Back