Tina's Trials in SW land!!

oh wow that looks bloomin tasty! Might have to give it a go if i can ever find the chickpeadahl!

so, after my first fantastic week back in the zone, carrying on with my food diary as follows -

breakfast - 28g bran flakes with milk from allowance

mid morning - 2 finger kit kat - 5 syns

lunch - cous cous 1 syn and 3 wholemeal crackerbread plain, half hex b
muller light, banana

mid afternoon - dairylea dunker 5.5 syns 2 wholemeal crackerbread, 2 laughing cow cheese triangles hex a

tea - making chickpea dahl loaf as i speak, with rice! and just made a jelly blamange (sp?), 1.5 syns for the jelly and free muller light mixed together!

also had a flump to end the day - 1 syn

total syns - 14

Hi hun

Just to let you know a 2 finger milk choc Kit-Kat is 5.5 syns, I know it's only .5 difference but if you have one everyday like me - have to have a little choc at 9 pm daily!:D - then they soon add up!:eek:

xx

Hi hun

Just to let you know a 2 finger milk choc Kit-Kat is 5.5 syns, I know it's only .5 difference but if you have one everyday like me - have to have a little choc at 9 pm daily!:D - then they soon add up!:eek:

xx

Ooooh, thanks hun, thought I had written it down wrong, you're right, that .5 syn can make all the difference! thanks so much x ;)

ok, food diary for today, going swimming in a minute so have to be quick -

breakfast - oatso simple and milk from allowance

mid morning - ravishing ruby hi fi bar

lunch - mug shot cous cous 1 syn, 6 wholegrain crackerbread 6 syns, 4 laughing cow extra light, hex a
muller light, pear

tea- not sure, will update once ive had it when i come back from swimming

updated - pasta and chickpea dahl

Last edited:
food diary for today

breakfast - oatso simple with milk from hex a

mid morning - ravishing ruby hi fi bar and pear

lunch - jacket potato and mushy peas - NO MAYO today!!! LOL

mid afternoon - 4 maoam sweets - roughly 5.5 syns
tea - cous cous 1 syn, purely because i feel rubbish............hope i dont want to eat rubbish later .............

Hi Tina, thanks for posting the pics of your nosh on here!! I'm really interested in making the chickpea dahl loaf!! I may do it tomorrow actually as I have everything here!! You've inspired me!!!XXX

Hi Reallyneedtodothis

Thanks for the recipe for Chickpea Dahl Loaf, I made it yesterday 'wicked'. This is the first of many I will be making.

Have you got any more recipes up your sleeve?

hi loopylou and kazbryn, thanks for your messages! no loopy, i was good on friday, didnt give in to my comfort food cravings, just had paracetamol and went to bed! Well done on your weight loss, thats amazing!!!

Its lovely isnt it Kazbryn, ive made 2, 3 now, cant remember! LOL :) just made another quiche, 6 eggs, tub of cottage cheese, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, courgette, carrots, green beans and peppers, absolutely scrummy!!! (just had to snaffle a piece straight from the oven!!!) will be having for tea with jacket potato I think. I'm normally a "nick everyone elses recipes"! person LOL but I do make a mean quorn spag bol!! Any new recipes I try I will post on here, with pics when I can.

Food diary for yesterday - red day!! (a rarity in my house!)

breakfast - 42g all bran and a banana

lunch - 1 cheese sandwich with 2 slices of new Hovis Hearty Oats bread (wont be having any more though, not on SW yet but put it through the calculator, 5.5 syns per slice, thats ridiculous!)

tea - went to our friends house for tea so could have been so much worse, but had chicken breast wrapped in lean bacon with lots and lots of salad!! yum!!! WW Double Chocolate brownie for afters, 8 syns

nothing for supper, too full from tea!!

so, total of 19 syns yesterday, not good, but intend to make up for it today, had none yet so far, and dont intend to!! really hope it doesn't show up too much on the scales tomorrow night.

Food diary for today -

28g bran flakes

banana
muller light

lots of robinsons no added sugar apple and blackcurrant as I am really hot!!
1 choc chip cookie 2.5 syns

tea - freshly made quiche described above, jacket potato and beans, followed by fresh fruit salad (pineapple, orange and apple)

supper- 42g all bran and a banana

2.5 syns all day!!! woohoo!!!! :bliss:

Last edited:
food diary for today

breakfast - oatso simple with milk from allowance

lunch - remainder of homemade quiche, bag of salt and vinegar squares crisps 5 syns, large tub of fruit salad,

tea - just having it now after weigh in, twilight zone, turkey burger sandwiches

feeling super super cr*p after weigh in, put 2lb on, the only thing I can put it down to was Saturday night, really rubbish end to a really rubbish day...... :raincloud:

Hi hun,

I know it's hard but try not to be too disheartened. Sometimes we put on for no good reason - bit of water retention, * week etc, and other times our bad food has come back to bite us on the %6^! If you have been 100% good then you know that next week the loss will no doubt show itself on the scales, and if you haven't been good then it's something to set youself this week.

I put on 5lb, only 2 weeks ago and only my second official week of SW!!! I was only "bad" on 2 days (brothers wedding and my birthday the next day) and even then I was no where near as bad as I had been pre-ww and pre-sw but yet I put on 5lb. I think this is because I was allowing myself to have bad stuff that I don't normally have so my body reacted to it, whether that is a load of guff or not is a different matter! Even tho I could have eaten for England after that 5LB+ WI, as emotional eating, I didn't and stuck to plan 100% for the next week, going on to lose 2 lb which isn't a lot, but to me it is when I only have 11 to lose.

Stick with it chick, sorry for the long rambling reply! :eek: xxx

Sorry about your weight gain hunny but it will soon be off, going over syns so close to weigh in can be hard for our bodies to work it off I guess. Try not to go below 5 syns a day even if your trying to rake some back, its really important not undereat as it can have a negative reaction.
Have a fab week and focus on a loss next week
xx

thanks sukibix and claire, I feel good today, straight back on it and mind focussed again. I had a really bad day at work yesterday, and that was the icing on the cake really. Thank you for your super words of encouragement, I really appreciate it. xXx:thankyou:

food diary for today -

breakfast - oatso simple with milk from allowance and a banana (HA and HB)

mid morning - alpen light bar - 3 syns

lunch - 6 ryvita wholegrain crackerbread (HB) and 4 laughing cow extra light cheese triangles (HA)
huge fruit salad of pineapple, apple and orange, covered in muller light

mid afternoon - packet of special k mini breaks - 5 syns

tea - couscous - 0.5 syn
chickpea dahl loaf
jacket potato

banana
muller light

total syns - 8.5 syns

yay, thanks sukibix and lou, its so nice to see so many people encouraging me on my journey.

sukibix, im glad you stuck to the plan when you had that gain, its always so difficult isnt it? cannot believe you've lost 10 stone 7lbs!!! How long has it took you to lose that??

food diary for today -

breakfast - oatso simple with milk (HA)
mid morning - alpen light bar
banana

lunch - 10 calorie chicken soup - 0.5 syn
chickpea dahl loaf
huge fruit salad again covered in muller light

mid afternoon - alpen light bar (HB)

tea - remainder of chickpea dahl loaf
tomato and herb pasta and sauce on jacket potato

all day - sucking on sula strawberry sweets as I have a cough and dont want to use my syns on cough sweets!! - 0.5 syns for 2 sweets - 3 syns

supper - will need something else syn to take me over 5 for today, no idea what to have!! how bizarre is that??!!!

One thing my weight loss journey has taught me is not to look at losses as a weekly result, but monthly as a minimum. My losses always come in cycles, so one week without explanation and sticking to plan, I could STS or even put on .5 lb etc, whereas the next week I will lose 3-4 lbs etc.

I knew why I put on the 5lb altho I didnt expect it to be that much, so it wasn't to much of a shock. You have to keep going as it's only 1 week out of a journey that follows a road which is your life (ooo I should be a writer - Not :p).

It took me nr enough 16 months from day 1 of joining to reaching goal. I joined WW on 8th Feb 2008 and got to goal in June last year, and have been maintaining ever since. I have put on my 11lb since my tummy tuck as I am still swollen from the surgery. :wave_cry:

It was getting impossible to maintain on WW and longterm it wasn't going to work for me. I found I was eating less and less and was effectively starting to starve myself to maintain.

With SW I have eaten tons and lost weight albeit I am no lighter than when I joined 3 weeks ago as I put 5 lb on, having lost 3lb in week 1, and 2 lb last week. Week 4 weigh in is tomorrow night.

I will stop waffling now and hogging your thread! Any help or inspiration needed again chick then head my way, always around to offer support where needed!

xx:cool:

aww thanks hun, your story is amazing, really inspirational. I like thinking about monthly, thats a really good idea! Doing it this way, so far this month I've lost 4.5 lbs so thats brill!! *huge smile on my face* :character00238:

updated diary - tonight after tea - cous cous 0.5 syns and bag of special k chocolate mini breaks 5 syns

total syns today 9 syns! Yay!

The other good thing is that I've started walking again but I keep forgetting my pedometer!! Aarrgghh!!! must remember!!!

Your very welcome...

Also, 4.5 lb for the past month is excellent! see! That's just over 1 lb per week which is a healthy weightloss, and the slower it comes off the slower it apparently takes to go back on longterm. Be proud of what you have acheived so far, focus on the positives and not the negatives!

x

Back