Tina's Trials in SW land!!

thanks suki and liz, ive got lots of confidence in myself now. I never thought that filling in this diary would help so much, but Im really glad that it is!!

Diary for today -hopefully, will amend later if I need to -

breakfast - 42g all bran (HB) and milk (HA) and banana

mid morning - dairylea dunker - 5.5 syns

lunch - 10 calorie soup 0.5 syn, 6 ryvita wholegrain crackerbread (HB) and 4 extra light laughing cow triangles (HA), muller light, pear

mid afternoon - alpen light bar 3 syns

tea - chickpea dahl and pasta, fat free flump 1 syn

all day - strawberry sweets again, 2 syns

Total syns 11.5

Last edited:
Hey Tina, sorry to hear about your small gain this week!! I haven't visited for a few days so missed that post!! Hope you're not letting it get you down too much, it is soooo annoying!! I STS this week and I'd been so angelic- stuck WELL within my syns and didn't put a foot wrong, but that's just the way it goes sometimes!! But I do know that plodding on slowly but surely WILL get us there in the end!! I'm hoping for a good one next monday and looking at your food diary I'm sure you'll have a great one too!!! I made the CPDL!! Only I exchanged the curry savoury rice for the mild mexican one, and it was delish!! That's the only one I had in the cupboard!! I ate it over 3 days and even dh tried and enjoyed! I had the last slice in work yesterday with salad and 3 chopped up Babybel lights and balsamic vinegar and thoroughly enjoyed!!XXX

aww thanks hun, your story is amazing, really inspirational. I like thinking about monthly, thats a really good idea! Doing it this way, so far this month I've lost 4.5 lbs so thats brill!! *huge smile on my face* :character00238:

QUOTE]

I HAVE to look at my losses monthly becuase I've got such an irratic pattern!! I tend to have a few small ones and then a big one! I've learned that it's certainly not all about one week!!X

I made the CPDL!! Only I exchanged the curry savoury rice for the mild mexican one, and it was delish!! That's the only one I had in the cupboard!! I ate it over 3 days and even dh tried and enjoyed! I had the last slice in work yesterday with salad and 3 chopped up Babybel lights and balsamic vinegar and thoroughly enjoyed!!XXX

Yay you made it!!! So glad you enjoyed it! I absolutely love it! Its one of the best discoveries of mine, easily!!! So nice hot or cold, and it lasts ages!!

sorry that you maintained this week hun, like you say sometimes it just happens doesn't it, so frustrating when it does though! hope this week is going better for you xx

i think theres something wrong with my pedometer, ive walked for england today and it said that i had only done 1599 steps :confused: don't think thats right at all, not happy. Will have to fish my other pedometer out and see what happens with that.

Yay!! its Friday, and the start of what looks like an amazing weekend!!!

Food diary for today -

breakfast - oatso simple (HB) with milk (HA)

mid morning - sainsburys be good to yourself maple mulitgrain and prebiotic bar (HB)

lunch - spicy sweet and sour mugshot (free) and 4 wholegrain crackerbread - 4 syns
muller light
pear
banana

mid afternoon - walkers salt and vinegar crisps - 9 syns

tea - mild curry savoury rice - free jacket potato free
muller light
banana
apple

total syns - 13

so its an amazing saturday and been digging up my front garden, so some good body magic!!

food diary so far -

breakfast - 42g all bran (HB) and milk from allowance (HA) and a banana

lunch - salad, cucumber and tomato, with hot pasta coated in quark (purely cos I have no mayo!) - free, there were little croutons in the salad so there will have been a few syns - just checked SW - 4 syns per 100g (but i havent used the dressing in with it).
1 fat free flump! - 1 syn

tea - will be making a sw quiche with mushrooms, onions, peppers and gammon in it later, with jacket potato and beans probably - free and HB

dessert - gonna try VLF fromage frais with a white chocolate options over some strawberries and raspberries, never had it before so hope its ok - 2.5 syns

Last edited:
I tried the vlf fromage frais with the white chocolate options last night, OMG how good is that??!!! Why have I never tried it before?? It felt so naughty yet only 2.5 syns! Loving that!!

Food dairy for today -

Breakfast - muller light and alpen light bar (half HB)

lunch - 2 slices of warburtons farmhouse bread with 2 fried eggs in frylight - 10 syns (eeeeek!!)
remainder of sw quiche from yesterday

mid afternoon - didn't have anything, its too hot to eat!! lol

tea - chickpea dahl and rice - free yum!! 1 alpen light bar (half HB)

Last edited:
its the first time I've bought it Claire, cant wait to try it with the mint options, ooooh that should be right nice!! lol x :)

so, food diary for today -

breakfast - 42g all bran (HB) plus milk and banana
lunch - salad of lettuce, cucumber and tomato and low low cheese - free and HA
muller light
bag of salt and vinegar crisps - 9 syns

tonight - weigh in - put 4.5 lbs ON!!!! :flamingmad: I am so mad tonight, seriously what am I doing wrong???? Soooo seriously f****d off you would not believe! Just feel like I am wasting my time, I lost more weight eating junk :banghead:

Will commiserate with a big bar of Aero to drown my sorrows.............

oh hun i dont know why you have gained, try not to get too dissheartened...i deffinately know that is easier said than done, from experiance! *big hugs*

thanks claire and katie, my consultant thought it was water retention with starting my exercise up again, its just so disheartening when you know you've been superb. you guys can see what ive eaten and ive been honest, I promise. 6 oclock tonight I was telling my sis that for the 1st time in ages I was feeling good, that my head was in the zone, and that this time I was going to do it. an hour later and i was never walking back in there again, I was so angry. ive had time to reflect now, bar of aero later, and i'll be back on it tomorrow.

Thanks for the support guys, I really do appreciate it, and it put the smile back on my face that had left me at 7pm tonight xx :)

thanks for that claire, thats probably what it is, ill up the water intake and see if it helps. Im sure I will see it soon x :)

Noooooo not the Aero!!!!! Am I too late?!?!! Oooh noo, sorry hun that you gained this week!! I would be furious too! Maybe it is fluid!! From your food diaries it doesn't look like you're eating loads! Please stick with it!! I'm a strong believer that what you do will eventually pay off down the line!! I've had frustrating weeks where I've gained and been sooo good all week, and then I find that a week, or maybe 2 weeks later I have a big loss! I'm sure it will happen for you soon! If you think about it, if you're making these huge changes to your diet- ie cutting out junk food/fats, you HAVE to reap the rewards!! It's just so bloody frustrating when you don't!! Big hugs!!XXXXXXX

thanks hev *hugs* x the aero has been and gone, unfortunately :( but ive had my strop and will be back on it 100% tomorrow. I just know it will happen, its got to start going down soon. How was your WI? xx

I feel embarrassed to say that I lost 2.5lb this week (after my frustrating STS last week having been so angelic!!) Must be catch up time!! So I got my 3 stone award and COMPLETELY elated!! I hope you have the same feelings soon hun!! Keep at it and it will happen for you! It must!!X

Back