Tinned fruit

weebee

Hi ....can anyone tell me if fruit in juice from a tin/jar is super free ? I have been having it for weeks with a yogurt and classing it as superfree.

Hi ....can anyone tell me if fruit in juice from a tin/jar is super free ? I have been having it for weeks with a yogurt and classing it as superfree.

No sorry aesir's right, its not even free, never mind superfree! Cooked, tinned or pureed fruit vary between about 1 and 5 syns per 100g but it depends which fruit it is.

Drat....I have been analysing my food diary as my weight loss has slowed down, and now I know why :(

Thanks for this, I hope it makes the difference.

Dont shoot me down but I eat half a tin of grapefruit in juice with the juice strained off every morning and I dont count the syns.

I ran out and didnt eat it for 5 days and only lost half a pound that week.Normal losses are 2,3 lbs etc

I know it's not correct but I figure that there are worse "crimes" and I think sometimes the tinned stuff is ok. I just wouldnt faff to prep a grapefruit otherwise.

No offence but you are still quite a long way off target and so will be able to get away with a lot more than someone with less weight to lose, as you basal metabolic rate will be a lot higher.

I do find that rather offensive, Patchwork Puss.

The point I was trying to make is that some tinned fruit can be beneficial that when I stopped eating tinned grapefruit my weight loss slowed.

Yes, I understand my higher weight means I will lose weight on more calories than someone with less to lose but this has nothing to do with the point I was making.

If you look at the facts, a banana has 95 calories per 100g and tinned grapefruit has 32 calories per 100g!

I am aware that it's not part of the diet but everyone has to find their own way forwards and making the plan work for them. Tinned fruit like grapefruit has worked for me, I've lost over 50 lbs doing it and have lost every single week since 4th August.

So, i'm more than happy swapping my banana for tinned grapefruit in the morning.

Yes, PP, i'm still very fat as you point out, I am way off my target BUT, i'm getting there, my way.

I remember reading that grapefruit helps burn fat. Not sure if there is any sound science behind it but it is certainly good for you :)

I don't think patch was trying to be offensive. Perhaps just a case of crossed wires? Its tough to sometimes get a point across with the correct tone on a forum.

The tinned grspefruit would be synned but if it works for you I think thats fine. We all have little tweaks that work for us because we're sll so different. And tinned would be soooooo much easier than trying to eat the thing fresh - what a mess I made! Not that it matters to me now as I've learned I'm allergic lol!

I do find that rather offensive, Patchwork Puss.

The point I was trying to make is that some tinned fruit can be beneficial that when I stopped eating tinned grapefruit my weight loss slowed.

Yes, I understand my higher weight means I will lose weight on more calories than someone with less to lose but this has nothing to do with the point I was making.

If you look at the facts, a banana has 95 calories per 100g and tinned grapefruit has 32 calories per 100g!

I am aware that it's not part of the diet but everyone has to find their own way forwards and making the plan work for them. Tinned fruit like grapefruit has worked for me, I've lost over 50 lbs doing it and have lost every single week since 4th August.

So, i'm more than happy swapping my banana for tinned grapefruit in the morning.

Yes, PP, i'm still very fat as you point out, I am way off my target BUT, i'm getting there, my way.

That wasn't remotely offensive, PP even started "no offence". :confused: I very much doubt the week you only lost a half was down to not eating tinned grapefruit that week, it will just be a coincidence. :) I too have a "lot to lose", I average 2-3lb a week and some weeks I lose only a half/STS but thats just how my body works. On the weeks I lose 5lb or whatever I dont put it down to the single advent calendar choccie I ate etc. :D

If you want to eat your grapefruit tinned thats fine, its entirely up to you how you tweak the plan - but the original question was whether tinned fruit is synned to which the answer is yes. Lets not confuse the issue for newbies by saying oh-but-I-have-it-and-x-y-z... Feel free to do that if you want but lets stick to the question. :)

Tinned fruit is synned. End of. :cool:

Back