Tinyshoes diary - countdown to wedding dress fitting!

tinyshoes

Must try harder...
Hi everyone! Ok if I join in? :) I've been sort of half doing Slimming World since last July but only lost 10lbs now I'm fed up of it coz all I seem to do is think about food and I've got that fed up I don't want to eat anything but junk now!! Decided to change to WW because I lost 3 stone on it 5 years ago (2 stayed off!) and you really can eat anything as long as you stick within your points so I'm looking forward to it. I think I can have 20 points (weight is 11 st 1 lb - is 20 right does anyone know?). I'm 30, and am getting married in October :D so want to lose a stone and a half by June time really so that I can maintain up to my wedding, or that's the hope! I don't do ANY exercise and know I need to work on that just trying to pluck the courage up to go back swimming but I HATE my thighs!!!! :rolleyes: Anyway that's the introduction over, I will post my diary on here every day - if anyone has any tips or comments please feel free to tell me as I don't go to a club and some things may have changed since I last did this!!! As I don't know anything about the 'new' plans I will just be following the old points one!

Sherry - I don't know about my local Asda's selling those 'Real Crisps' but I have definitely bought them from Wilko's/Wilkinson's in the past, again don't know if you have one of those shops anywhere near you!!

Last edited:
well hello and welcome, we seem to have lots of newbies at the moment. good luck

:D Ok here goes with day 1!! If you see anything I'm counting wrong or have any ideas or tips that might help just let me know!! I am aiming to use all my points each day this week. WI day will be fri morning.

Breakfast:
40g crunchy nut cornflakes 2
1/4 pint semi-skimmed milk 1

Snack:
Special K mint bar 1.5

Lunch:
Wm roll 2
Slice turkey/Flora 1
WW cheese puffs 1
WW orange & nect yog 0.5

Snack:
2 x satsumas 0.5

Dinner:
Small chicken breast 2
1/2 pack Uncle Ben's rice 2.5
1/2 jar Tesco LC Bhuna sauce 2 - not as bad as I thought!
1 x ww bread 1

Snack:
WW choc cake slice 1.5
WW strawb/vanilla mousse 1.5

Drink:
Decaf coffee x 2 with sweetener
NAS squash x 2
Lilt Z x 2
Herbal tea x 1

Total points used today: 20/20

I've done ok today! I have felt a little bit hungry between meals but I guess my body will get used to it in time. Here's to another successful day tomorrow......

Last edited:
Day 2! Tuesday 17th Feb - feeling quite positive today after sticking to it yesterday, hoping in time I won't feel so hungry between meals....

Breakfast:
Sains BGTY porridge with 180ml ss milk 3

Snack:
Alpen Light choc n orange 1

Lunch:
WW hearty veg soup 2
2 x ww bread 2
Slice ww ham/vlf marg 1

Snack:
Small banana 1
2 x WW flapjacks 1

Dinner:
WW salmon/broccoli wedge melt 5.5
Broccoli/Cauliflower/Runner beans 0

Snack:
WW eclair 1.5
WW rasp/white choc biscuits 1.5

Drink:
4 x NAS squash
1 x decaf coffee
1 x Lilt Z
1 x green tea with cranberry

Points used today: 19.5/20

Last edited:
Day 3 - Wednesday 18th February - 2 good days under my belt I hope this works! I was still a little bit hungry between meals yesterday but still hoping that will reduce as time goes on!

Breakfast:
45g coco shreddies & 125ml ss milk 3.5

Snack:
Special K mint & choc bar 1.5

Lunch:
6 x wm crackerbread 1.5
60g Philadelphia with garlic & herbs 2
WW s&v hoops 1
WW pink grapefruit yoghurt 0.5

Snack:
WW flapjack x 1 piece 0.5

9.5 points remaining

Dinner:
WW Fish Pie 3.5 with runner beans and baby pots x 2 2 (guestimate!)
Snack:
2 x glasses Lambrini (half a bottle - think about 4.5 points)

Drink:
2 x decaf coffee with sweetener
3 x NAS squash
1 x Lilt Z

Points used: 20.5 not 100% sure on amount of Lambrini I had, had 2 glasses which I have estimated to be half a bottle - went to see our friends new baby he is so gorgeous, and they just gave me a glass of Lambrini then refilled it!!

Am trying to use all my points this week until I get used to the diet a bit more then maybe I can drop a point or two a day to try and lose quicker. Will see what weight loss is like this week. Trouble is I'm away this weekend at oh's cousin's wedding party but am going to TRY my hardest to stick to it where I can. We're going Sat aft so I think if I have a healthy breakfast and cooked lunch, then maybe I can take some WW sandwiches/crisps for dinner to eat before the 'do' so I'm not starving when it comes to the buffet! Then take a couple of cereal bars for breakfast Sun morning as we're not having it in the hotel I think they wanna go McD's! That's the plan anyway......

Last edited:
I am going to 'weigh in' on a Friday morning, I'm not going to a class or anything just going it alone for now see how I get on. Although I didn't properly start until this Monday, I did weigh in last Friday morning so should get a 'true week's' weight loss (see I'm trying to be optimistic!). Weekends will be the hardest I always struggle to not have a takeaway on a Fri night but if I opt for a chow mein rather than a pizza I guess I can try and save enough points for it! I really wanna do this I'm getting married in Oct so my dress fitting will be in a couple of months, would love to lose a stone before that don't know if that's realistic?! Thanks for reading!! Any tips would be great - low points filling foods etc....I have been feeling a bit hungry between meals....

have you considering making 0 point soup for between meals. my hubby down in london today so we will be eating late, so am planning to make soup to keep me going til then, it does work .

a stone in a couple of months is do able but depends on how you stick to it and how your body takes to it, everyone looses at different rates.

Good idea to weigh in on friday, if you've had a good loss ( or any loss) it will keep you motivated over the weekend

in terms of takeaway, chinese is good value for your points, and chow mein is my usual choice-beef chow mein is 8.5. but remember no food is banned on weight watchers you just have to figure how to work it into your points.

i weigh on friday too so will lokk out for your results..good luck

have you considering making 0 point soup for between meals. my hubby down in london today so we will be eating late, so am planning to make soup to keep me going til then, it does work .

a stone in a couple of months is do able but depends on how you stick to it and how your body takes to it, everyone looses at different rates.

Good idea to weigh in on friday, if you've had a good loss ( or any loss) it will keep you motivated over the weekend

in terms of takeaway, chinese is good value for your points, and chow mein is my usual choice-beef chow mein is 8.5. but remember no food is banned on weight watchers you just have to figure how to work it into your points.

i weigh on friday too so will lokk out for your results..good luck
0 point soup sounds good I am really into soup at the mo. Trouble is I'm not great at cooking, or I don't know where to start is more the problem. Do I just throw loads of veggies in a big pan with some stock? haha bet you think I'm a right numpty now! Managed to stick to it again yesterday, well, until the evening - we went to see our friends who have just had their little baby boy he is so gorgeous and so tiny! Anyway I had a glass of wine (well, Lambrini!) followed by another so reckon I prob had half a bottle, only had 4 points left when I went round there so think I prob went over, no idea how many points in Lambrini! Anyway had a nice night just hope I haven't ruined tomorrow's weigh in coz so far it looks like I've lost 2lbs which is great in a week for me! (Not that I've been on the scales every day this week or anything oh no not me!) Here's to another day....should have no excuses tonight for going over points in fact I might try and save a couple to make up for the Lambrini!

Thursday 19th February

Breakfast:
2 x Weetabix with 125ml ss milk 3

Snack:
WW rasp & white choc biscs 1.5

Lunch:
WW chicken soup 1.5
2 WW bread 2
2 slices WW ham 0.5
1 LC light triangle 0.5

Snack:
1x WW flapjack square 0.5

Dinner:
2 potato waffles 3
Baked beans 2
Poached egg 1.5

Snack:
WW vanilla rice pudding - gorgeous! 1.5
WW belgian choc cake slice, again, gorgeous! 1.5

Drink:
2 x NAS squash
1 x decaf coffee
2 x Lilt Z
1 x tea

Total points used: 19/20

Last edited:
Friday 20th February - WI Day! - lost 1.5 lbs, a little disappointed because I feel as if my trousers feel a lot looser on the waist, but then thinking about it I have only been properly on plan for 4 days! I did weigh in last Friday so this is a true weight loss just that I didn't start the diet til Monday. So not bad when I think of it like that! Here's to a full week......

Breakfast:
Sains BGTY porridge with 180ml ss milk 3

Snack:
1cm thick slice of Thorntons toffee and choc cake (gorgeous!!) 4?

Lunch:
6 x wm crackerbread 1.5
60g Philadelphia garlic & herbs 2
WW cheese puffs 1

Dinner:

1/3 plain chow mein from chinese 3?
8 chips 4?
6 pieces chicken in tom & garlic sauce 3?
There was alot more food than this on my plate, I let myself get too hungry today then nearly completely pigged out! But for some reason (maybe eating smaller meals for the last week?!) I couldn't eat much of it thankfully!

Hmm bit mad with myself for giving into the cake at work as now I don't have any spare points for a dessert or snack of glass of wine tonight! I REALLY hope I stick to it today, Friday's and Saturday's are SO SO hard for me when I'm dieting this is where I could come unstuck!!!

Drink:
2 x decaf coffee
3 x NAS squash
1 x Lilt Z
1 x tea

Total points used today: 21.5 - bit naughty I know but could have been so much wose - although the chinese points are guestimated!!

Last edited:
Saturday 21st February - will be hard to stick to it today - going down to Birmingham for h2b's cousin's wedding party, I have tried to plan what I will be eating but honestly I think I will go over a bit on points today so am going for a 'maintenance' day - 26 points.

Breakfast:
Porridge with 180ml milk 3

Lunch:
2 x bread 1.5
1 x egg 1.5
1/2 sml tin baked beans/sausage 2
3 x bacon rashers 3

Snack while travelling:
WW caramel bar 1.5

'Dinner':
Tesco LC egg & cress sandwiches 4.5
Walker's sunbites 2

At the party:
2 x sml white wine and soda 4?
2 x mini choc bars 3?
Handful of maltesers 2?

Total points: 28 - aarrrghhh I ignored the buffet at the party then when they brough mini choc bars out with the cake I had them instead of cake but went 2 over the points I wanted to have. What a rubbish day diet-wise. Tomorrow will be worse I think travelling home again. Have got to get my head into gear at weekends!

Sunday 22nd February - travelling home today...

Breakfast:
Coco Pops 1.5
SS milk 1
2 x white bread 2
Marg/jam 1

Snack while travelling home:
WW s&v hoops 1
Special K mint & choc bar 1.5
Handful walker's crisps 1

Starving when we got home this is where it all went wrong, again!

'Lunch' (at 3.30!)
WW chicken potato leek soup 2
2 x ww bread 2
WW caramel bar 1.5

Snack:
Sunbites 2
Creme egg 3.5
Mini cad choc bar 2

Dinner:
WW lasagne and wedges 7.5
1/4 mini ciabatta 1.5
A few garden peas 1.5?

Total points: 32.5 :eek: omg that is disgusting!

Disaster day again! Was so hungry when I got home I ate just about everything in sight then felt sick for the rest of the night!!! Why do I do that?! HUUUUUGE line drawn under the weekend must be extra good for the rest of the week now.

Monday 23rd February - I have polished my halo and put it back on this morning! Am going to try and make up for the terrible weekend (diet-wise) by sticking to 19 points a day this week it won't make up for it but will scrape a few points back. Oh and my WII fit was delivered on Friday but with being away haven't had a chance to take it out of the box yet, but am hoping to get that out this week so hopefully my exercise level which is currently none existent will go up slightly too!

Breakfast:
2 x weetabix with 125ml ss milk 3

Snack:
Alpen Light bar 1

Lunch:
WW tortilla wrap 1.5
Slice ham 0.5
Salad 0
Tbsp x light mayo 0.5?
WW cheese puffs 1

Dinner:
180g chicken 2
Bhuna sauce 2.5
70g rice 3.5
WW choc eclair 1.5

Snack: Mini cad choc buttons 2
WW strawberry tart dessert yoghurt 1

Drink:
2 x decaf coffee
4 x NAS squash
1 x Lilt Z

Total points planned: 20/20 - oh well so much for saving points !! I did go on the WII fit for (ahem) 7 minutes haha!! Set it up tonight and had a little go on the balance games, brilliant! I'm terrible though!

Last edited:
Just started WW last wed, Thought I'd pop in to wish you luck. We are about the same weight all bar a pound! I Would also like to lose my weight by summer as am having a wedding reception so need to get back into my dress, Had a very very low key wedding in July so come our 1st anniversary we're holding a wedding reception for family and friends...

Have a great week :O)

Soory, thort i had come back to you about the 0 point soup, obviously had a brain storm!!
Basically any free veg you fancy, cook in stock and whop it in the blender when done. I usually add something to give it a bit more flavour like garlic or chilli or herbs, worcester sauce whatever you fancy really, One of my faves is onion,caroot, bns and red pepper. Make a big pot and it keeps in fridge for a few days

hope you enjoy it

Hey Tinyshoes,

Your menu's sound great loads of variety, i must admit that i need to eat breakfast but i never want to eat first thing.

Sometimes i take turkey rashers (0.5 per slice) on some ww bread to work. Or i have a ww bar and some fruit.

Im a wine lover aswell but whilst im dieting i tend to have vodka, soda and fresh lime. It tastes a bit bland at first and not the usual sweetness off the wine but i love it now and find it sooooo refreshing!

And i think its 2.5 per shot of vodka.....

Maybe worth a try! x

hey tinyshoes, you seem to be getting on grand, i can appreciate how hard the weekends are, just had one myself, two nights out, doing ww since middle of jan and lost something every week except today just stayed the same. anyway i have a fair idea of my menus for this week, and with all the support on this site, i know i'll be loosing again next week.

best of luck.

Wow I've just logged on to find all your messages, thanks! I wasn't sure many people looked at my diary I'd better start behaving a bit more now I know there are a few haha!

Ugg that's a nice idea having a reception on your anniversary and what motivation that is to get back into your dress, that will be fantastic for you! :D

MommyB I will have to give the soup a try I think, I do like soup and buy the WW tins at the mo but I guess making it yourself is alot cheaper! Just need to be motivated to do it now...:rolleyes:

Molly I don't usually drink wine when we go out I prefer Maliby and diet coke or vodka lime and diet lemonade, but we were in a village memorial hall place in Alcester and they had limited stock at the bar, that's why I only had the 2 drinks to try and limit the damage :eek:

liveinhope I really really struggle at the weekends I usually end up sticking to the diet all week then blowing it at the weekend and then my weight stays the same!! Haven't got much planned this weekend though so might be easier for me to stick to it, h2b is away for 4 nights so he won't be snacking in front of me all the time like he does, or persuading me (not that it takes alot!) to get a takeaway.

Thanks for all your comments and advice - WE CAN DO THIS!!!! If you have any tips for a newbie or any comments on my daily diary please tell me.....I need all the help I can get sometimes :eek:

Back