Tinytootz food diary

Tinytootz

Mini crazy cat lady
Hey. I'm still new to Slimming World, so still getting my head around the food. Started on 14th Sept.

I'm doing Extra Easy at the moment. Any comments on my diary are welcome. I have a severe hatred of vegetables, but do like salad veg and fruits.

Day one:

Weetabix and skimmed milk - A & B
Potato waffles - 7 syns (i had a craving!)
1/2 tin baked beans
Tomato sauce - 1 syn
Apple
Pasta
Sauce made with 1/2 green pepper, onion, tinned tomatoes, herbs, seasoning and fry light

Only in the evening did i realise this was pretty much a green day, so i could have had another A & B

Following your other thread I thought I'd pop in and say hi!
If you want a bit of inspiration you're welcome to take a look at my food diary (link on my signature).
I've been a bit off track over the last month but starting a new diary tomorrow to get me back on plan...

Was thinking about different veggies you could try if you haven't already:
- Butternut squash - gorgeous roasted with some chilli flakes or made into a soup
- Baby corn and mange touts in stir fries
- Different types of mushroom - either grilled and stuffed whole, sauteed, or used in a sauce
- Roasted peppers (they take on a completely different flavour to when they're fried)
- Spinach - sauteed with some garlic and spring onions and a splash of wine and knob of butter if you've got syns to spare

Will try and think of some more...

I must admit, i don't hate all veg, just the ones i consider horrid! Butternut squash i love roasted, sweet potatoes, parsnips, spinach i use in sauces and in home made curries, and i do like peppers either raw or roasted. I will be stepping up my salad veg eating, but im currently in the middle of chaos!

You'll do fine then if you like that much veg!!
Definitely planning is key - I really struggle if I haven't planned all my meals for the week as I don't often get to the shops during the week so try to do it all on a Saturday.

I look forward to having another diary to read...

Day two:

Weetabix
Milk - A & B
SW chips
WW noodles
Quorn breaded fillet - 3 (i only ate half, wasn't that great!)
Mayo - 2
2 glasses wine - 16
1 shot vodka and diet coke - 4
Savoury rice

Yeah, its been the kind of "pour me another glass" week. Saved some syns from the other days, so shouldn't be too bad! Also, no super free today, but i've not had chance really!

Day 3:

2x wholemeal bread
28g grated cheese - A&B
2x bacon rashers
marg spread - 2
apple
tomato sauce - 1
spaghetti
lettuce
extra light mayo - 1
boiled potato
bolog sauce (lean mince, onion, tomato, celery, garlic, basil, peppers) - 2
Damsons
small piece sponge cake (no sugar) - 5

Hi Tinytootz, your food's looking good hun.
What recipe did you use for the sponge cake?

Not my recipe, is my mums. Dad is diabetic, so she always swaps sugar for sweeteners in her recipes. I will enquire for you

Day 4:

Well, it was pretty much a disaster! Worked 9am-6pm, and was having people round for dinner at 6:30. So home-made chinese it was!

Weetabix
Daily milk - A & B

Fishfingers - 4.5
Roll - 5

Spring roll - 7
Egg fried rice (fry lite)
Steak
green peppers
Garlic and black pepper sauce - 3
Crispy chicken (1egg, 2tbsp flour, fry lite, baked in oven) - 3
Ginger and lime sauce - 3
Strawberries

glass lambrini - 7

Grand total: 32.5

Ooops! Could be worse, i mainly had rice and meat as my main, not much of the sauces at all. Damn you spring rolls, tasty tasty spring rolls..

Day 5:

My attempt to get back on tract after Sunday. Starting at the gym Tuesday, so hopefully onwards and upwards from now on. But Sunday was tasty!

Weetabix
Daily milk - A & B

Rice
Chicken
Roasted peppers
onions
Reggae Reggae sauce - 2.5

Apple
Strawberries

SW chips
tomato salsa - 1
Guacamole - 3
Sour cream - 3

Total: 9.5

Mmmm.... your homemade Chinese sounds yummy and yes it could have been so much worse - you could have had a takeaway!!
Were the sauces ready-made or did you make yourself? I tend to just use sweet chilli sauce (1.5syns a tbsp) for my Chinese sauces, but should really venture out and try something different...

I normally make them, but due to having *no* time to cook, i used ready made. Synned the whole jar/pack, then divided by my portion (which looking back, was a teeny amount).

Day 6:

Shreddies
Milk - A & B

Pasta
2 tbsp salsa - 1
1/2 tbsp light mayo - 1

mug shot

250ml white wine - 8.5
pizza (eeek!) - 35

Ok, so i won't be having pizza again! But, Tuesday is 'treat night', so i guess it's not so bad. Also, did about an hour at the gym, covering about 3-4 miles (feeling it today!)

Not looking forward to today (22nd), 12 hour day of work ahead. Supposed to go to the gym, but working 8am-midnight, with 4 hours off in the middle, and i would rather spend those 4 hours having a bit of a kip, then walking round the town getting bits and pieces. It's a form of exercise! Plus, i can get tasty bits for meals, such as Simply Salmon, parsnips, and whatever fruit is on the market stalls!

Day 7:

Weetabix
Daily milk - A & B

Yoghurt cereal bar - 5
Pasta
chicken pieces
1 tbsp salsa - 0.5
1/2 tbsp light mayo - 1
spring onion

SW chips
tbsp sour cream dip - 3

strawberries
apple

Total: 9.5

Not too bad really! Been out and bought veg for the rest of the week too. Work commitments don't allow me to have much tonight though

Your 12 hr shift sounds nasty!! Good you're finding time to eat proper food and fit SW into your shifts.
Have you had your WI? Just wondered how your first week went!

Hey. 1lb off according to my scales, which aint bad for my first week, considering i had a few bad days! Yeah, 12 hours hurt, another 10 hours today, 9 tomorrow, 11 Saturday and 11 Sunday - i must be mad!

Day 8:

Shreddies
Milk - A&B

Club sandwich (2x wholemeal, chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato, 1/2 tbsp mayo) - 7
Small portion chips (naughty!) - 5
Side salad

strawberries
apple

Not very hungry after lunch, so dinner is a none event really!

Last edited:
Congratulations on your loss!!
What day/time do you WI
Wow doesn't look like you'll get any time over the weekend to relax with your hours! What job do you have?

Well done for your loss, Must be hard sticking especially with such long hours xx

I work from home as an internet researcher, so my hours may seems REALLY long, but i guess it ain't so bad when your at home! Also means that i can eat/cook what i want, no relying on getting food when out :eek:)

Back