Tips for a final push?

Flopster

Got a life thank you!
Hi WeMitts,

I hope it is OK to post on here, but I wanted some advice from you experienced ladies (and gents) please!

I want to lose a stone and a half if possible by bonfire night - that is 4lbs a week.

My weight loss has been quite slow (not helped by nibbling!!), obviously the nibbling is going to be the first thing to go. I will up the water even more - I want to try to do six litres a day if I can (I do at least five most days).

I know I need to exercise but I have a "desk job" - so what can I do. I keep saying I will join a gymn but am sure I won't get there so am not sure there is any point.

So any ideas for me please?

I feel like bouncing up and down at my desk all day but am scared by staff will think I have finally lost it!

I don't think you should do anything other than stick to the programme 100% and drink 5 litres of water a day. It WILL happen if you do this. Whether it will happen by Nov 5th I don't know, but as quickly as it can safely come off, it will.
Icemoose has said elswhere that hard exercise when you're on SS is not a good idea, and he's usually right! I have been going to the gym since May, and found that at first you actually PUT ON weight, as you gain muscle, which weighs heavier than fat.
So "final push" just do SS to the letter, and keep off the scales.
Ann xxx

I don't think you should do anything other than stick to the programme 100% and drink 5 litres of water a day. It WILL happen if you do this. Whether it will happen by Nov 5th I don't know, but as quickly as it can safely come off, it will.
Icemoose has said elswhere that hard exercise when you're on SS is not a good idea, and he's usually right! I have been going to the gym since May, and found that at first you actually PUT ON weight, as you gain muscle, which weighs heavier than fat.
Ann xxx

Yes I agree with Ann stay off those scales.........says I addicted grrrrrrrrrrrrr :eek: I too want to lose the same as you so we both have to do the plan to the tee Im sure we can if we try?I'll be with you on loss and target myself to the same amount loss as you...we're have a race hey;) i'll be the tortoise and you can be the hare xxc

I'll second that, just stay focused, stop the nibbling at stick to the 5 ltrs of water.

My aim is for 1 stone for bonfire night, and that challange is keeping me focused at the moment, my head is telling me I can do a stone and a half but if I aim for the stone then more is a bonus!!!

As for excersze, I dont go to a gym or anything, other than a disco dancing class once a week. I tend to try and be more active during the day, stairs instead of lifts, swing my arms when I walk, on my lunh break (when I get one!!) I walk round the town twice and now Im doing the house work, ive got my music on and am dancing around whilst I do it. Its only small but if it helps tone me then Im up for it!!! (best get back to the house work really!!!!!)

I'll second that, just stay focused, stop the nibbling at stick to the 5 ltrs of water.

My aim is for 1 stone for bonfire night, and that challange is keeping me focused at the moment, my head is telling me I can do a stone and a half but if I aim for the stone then more is a bonus!!!

As for excersze, I dont go to a gym or anything, other than a disco dancing class once a week. I tend to try and be more active during the day, stairs instead of lifts, swing my arms when I walk, on my lunh break (when I get one!!) I walk round the town twice and now Im doing the house work, ive got my music on and am dancing around whilst I do it. Its only small but if it helps tone me then Im up for it!!! (best get back to the house work really!!!!!)

I stopped doing all my exercises at home but am going to start with a twice a day toning and maybe 5 mins of trampolining in an evening. My job is terribly sedetary and unfortunately I don't get time to go walkies - for some reason it just doesn't happen.

I will just make sure I stay 110% abstinent then shall I? :( (LOL)!

Yes I agree with Ann stay off those scales.........says I addicted grrrrrrrrrrrrr :eek: I too want to lose the same as you so we both have to do the plan to the tee Im sure we can if we try?I'll be with you on loss and target myself to the same amount loss as you...we're have a race hey;) i'll be the tortoise and you can be the hare xxc

Oh I am terrible with jumping on the scales - no idea why as I go up and down by about 4 lbs all day long and it never ceases to amaze me how I can vary so much.

I am all for spurring each other on through the challenge but feel maybe a stone and a half is a bit ambitious as my average loss is 3.1lbs a week (I have a lovely computer programme that works it all out for me!).

I just want to up the ante, it is time I pushed myself or I think it is ok to nibble!

Ann xxx

Oh ok, I know you are right (again). I know it is going to happen I just need to refocus myself to make it happen as I have got a bit slap hazard the last three weeks.

Thanks for replying Ann - you always make so much sense.

Hi Flopster

I like you needed motivation for the final push as after 8 weeks of good losses was followed by a month of odd nibbling etc and consequentially little or no losses (although no gains luckily!) I was happy with this though at that time as people were just starting to notice the weight loss and I was kinda self conscious of losing more to quickly (crazy I know but I put it down to shyness!) Last week however I really felt it was time to step up again and get down to it. I knew I could do it as I done it before, it had been remarkably easy (compared to oher diets) and I actually enjoyed it I reminded myself of these facts. I had been recommended to join this forum so I did that (lots of extra info and motivation THANKS EVERYONE!) I thought of it as a new start and so used that strategies I new worked for me. ie. writing every shake class of water in my filofax by the appt times and tried to drink at least two glasses every hour in the earlier part of the day. (I am lucky to be a stay home mum though I guess. I also bought some Ketostix they are a novelty for me and I was thrilled on the 4th early morning to see that dark pink stick. I test every morning now even though I know I am in ketosis anyway but I still get a thrill (novelty hasn't worn off yet!). But it helps as there is no way I'm going to nibble at the moment as I get a kick from that. I also slightly changed what I was having by buying my first selection of bars hadn't had them before! Basicly I used various strategies to make this week feel like a whole new start, making it more interesting and exciting and fun. It has worked brilliantly for me as I lost 8lbs last week my best weightloss since my very first week I feel absolutely fantastic very strong positive. Ann is right 100% stick to the programme I've done zero exercise apart from walking the kids to school on the nicer days. If I can do it you can too! Good Luck Dizzy x

Hi Flopster

I like you needed motivation for the final push as after 8 weeks of good losses was followed by a month of odd nibbling etc and consequentially little or no losses (although no gains luckily!) I was happy with this though at that time as people were just starting to notice the weight loss and I was kinda self conscious of losing more to quickly (crazy I know but I put it down to shyness!) Last week however I really felt it was time to step up again and get down to it. I knew I could do it as I done it before, it had been remarkably easy (compared to oher diets) and I actually enjoyed it I reminded myself of these facts. I had been recommended to join this forum so I did that (lots of extra info and motivation THANKS EVERYONE!) I thought of it as a new start and so used that strategies I new worked for me. ie. writing every shake class of water in my filofax by the appt times and tried to drink at least two glasses every hour in the earlier part of the day. (I am lucky to be a stay home mum though I guess. I also bought some Ketostix they are a novelty for me and I was thrilled on the 4th early morning to see that dark pink stick. I test every morning now even though I know I am in ketosis anyway but I still get a thrill (novelty hasn't worn off yet!). But it helps as there is no way I'm going to nibble at the moment as I get a kick from that. I also slightly changed what I was having by buying my first selection of bars hadn't had them before! Basicly I used various strategies to make this week feel like a whole new start, making it more interesting and exciting and fun. It has worked brilliantly for me as I lost 8lbs last week my best weightloss since my very first week I feel absolutely fantastic very strong positive. Ann is right 100% stick to the programme I've done zero exercise apart from walking the kids to school on the nicer days. If I can do it you can too! Good Luck Dizzy x

OMG 8lbs this week is amazing!!! Well done! I am going to take so many of these things on board, like you I had 8 good weeks followed by 4 "poor" weeks where I lost either one or two lbs. My body is definately ready for a kick start so it is abstinence all the way for me now (apart from october 16th as I have a fabulous networking lunch to go to).

Thank you for replying!

Flopster

I am exactly the same weight as you. Sounds like we have been mirroring each other. This will be you week, I can feel it in my water, talking of which GOTTA GO!

Dizzy

Dizzy, that is amazing isn't it!

Tell me about the loo thing. Been waiting for my bank manager to call me all morning and would you credit it he called as I went to the toilet and now I can't get hold of him again!

I will definately be looking out for your threads now!

Flopster - another bit of sense that I'm sure you don't want to hear - but it's important. FORGET the networking lunch on Oct. 16th. Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? - I think NOT.
You can't make an ommlette without breaking eggs - so either don't go, or stick top the plan 100% whilst you're there. There'll be plenty of opportunities after you are at goal to enjoy such things in your skinny new clothes!!!!
YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE.
Ann xxx

Hi Ann,

Even my counsellor agreed I couldn't miss this one - I have been invited to attend the "woman of the year lunch" whereby they select "women of achievement" to attend and it is at the Millenium Mayfair . It is a once in a lifetime invitation as they invite different people each year (I believe) and it is a real honour to be invited and not something I am prepared to miss, not even for the sake of abstinence LOL.

Definately, it will be protein and veg or salad for me.

I have just got through the Jewish new year and lost 2lbs so I know I can remain completely sensible all the way through. I will have packs on the train there and back and just a small amount of food whilst I am there.

Thanks Anne and phew I have your blessing to go it was worrying me (seriously)!!

I am going to be in good company last year Margaret Thatcher, Tina Turner and the McCartney sisters all won women of achievement awards apparently.

I have to say it has been a fab year, I have had lunch with the deputy governor of the Bank of England, been to speak to the select committee for entrepreneurship at the house of commons and now this!

My head is definately getting bigger than my body (and I am still a couple of stone over weight!!)

Hi Hun,
I am having same problem, in a serious need of final push, a stone or stone n half i need to loose, I have tried so hard but nothing but failed. Everyday I start and b4 i know, Im munching away. Its so hard if we r working and doing SS. Lets do it together. xx
S

Why have I only just seen this post - i am so blind sometimes!!!!

Ok Final push time. We can do this a stone and a half in 6 weeks? OF COURSE WE CAN!!!!!!!

My plan - ssing with NO nibbling. Minimum of 4 litres per day. Gentle toning exercises on an evening. (mainly hand weights and sit ups)

Back