tips for the weekend

kpnutt

I am so annoyed with myself, after sticking to eating healthy and to plan all last week. THE WEEKEND CAME. And I went totally off plan. How do you stay on track????

I am so annoyed with myself, after sticking to eating healthy and to plan all last week. THE WEEKEND CAME. And I went totally off plan. How do you stay on track????

Planning ahead really helps. I make a curry ready to heat up, I take it to my friends house to have after a few drinks to replace the pizzas, chinese etc that I would have usually had. This has really helped me :)

Oh god I could have written this!

I am like a wee SW angel all week then the weekend comes & I eat everything in site & none of it SW friendly.

I am gonna start meal planning for the weekend & making sure I have some yummy SW friendly snacks in so that I can get it under control..

I have the fakeaway book so time to start making yummy fakeaways for the weekend!

Dxxx

Yeah planning ahead is the key. And being realistic. If you know your gonna want a few drinks or chips (or both) then don't pretend to yourself that you won't , workout how to it in. Whether that's saving your syns up or creating fakeaways. Keep an eye out on mixers as fat cokes and juices can add up fast whilst your concentrating on the alcohol.

If I know I'm going out at the weekend I have a large batch of zero/ superfree soup or stir fry to have on hand for the meals before and after. It's cheating a bit but it helps.

If you want to have an indulgent meal go for it and don't let any guilt throw you off track all weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900F using MiniMins.com mobile app

I think planning ahead would defiantly help. I have been making a lot of soup, so will make a fresh batch for the weekend nearer the time. I like to have that with a few quorn meatballs thrown in, as its something to chew on. I will have a look in my fake a way book for something new to try. I am so determined not to let the weekend trip me up again!

Definitely what everyone else has said and planning ahead.

If I know I'm going out for a meal or drinking then I'l try to reduce my syns for a few days before and after (not everyone agrees with this) to help compensate for it. Plus not feeling guilty and getting right back on plan the next day :) Did this last time after a night out and still lost weight that week. I've ruined near a full week too many times after one night 'off plan'!!!

My MiL used to come round every Saturday with wine & chocs (she's too ill now so we don't have wine & chocs), but I'd always count my syns which could be anything between 40-70, I'd then have whatever is left spread out until next WI.

Staying in control is also a good idea, try to make sure you're aware of what you are eating/drinking. Could you change to lower syn drinks? Don't let a Friday/Saturday night drink & food over syn roll into Sunday, try & have a nice 'fry' up as breakie that way you'll not feel like you're missing out.

I plan ahead too - I think that's really key to making it work for me.

I keep a couple of packs of scan bran in so I can do a Scan Bran Cake if I feel the need for something sweetish.

I usually manage some sort of cooked breakfast, even if it's just eggy bread. And I tend to try and make something interesting for dinner.

My difficulty's always, always when I'm eating out. I've never quite got the hang of the 'Sensible Choices' thing!

Ooo, glad I found this thread. Will be reading with interest. I think weekends could prove to be a challenge for me if I'm not careful! Before SW I used to use having a few drinks as an excuse to pig out all weekend (hangover munchies).

Oh yeah, hangover munchies are the worst (sometimes best if you're allowing yourself to pig out). Now I realise why I put so much weight on at Uni. :eek: Free cooked breakfast is probably a good idea to have on standby for that, hmmm, eggy bread, I must see if I can recreate my Christmas recipe for that low fat this weekend. :D

Remember to keep hydrated at the weekends. For me its easy during the week at my desk with a big bottle, but I forget when I'm at home and I've found keeping hydrated really does help with losses/water weight. Obviously this would also help with the hangover. :cool:

Oh its getting closer to the weekend & I still dont have a plan in place!

Need to get on that tonight.

I am thinking for breakfast its either gonna be weetabix muffins or a wholemeal roll with bacon & egg.

Lunch maybe a tuna salad.

Dinner is the challenge, I am gonna dig out my fakeaway book & have something like a curry so its still a treat but within the SW Plan.

Oh hangovers are the worse I just want to eat everything!

Dxxx

Love this thread I always go off at the weekend. Discovered pataks curry paste which is really low syn per tbsp. OH made a curry out of that for the day after which was imense! just like a proper curry. I think he used 2 tbsps and a tbsp of oil and it came to 10 syns in all. Bulked up with loads of onions, peppers, mushrooms and spinach with chicken. We got 4 really generous portions out of it.

Love this thread I always go off at the weekend. Discovered pataks curry paste which is really low syn per tbsp. OH made a curry out of that for the day after which was imense! just like a proper curry. I think he used 2 tbsps and a tbsp of oil and it came to 10 syns in all. Bulked up with loads of onions, peppers, mushrooms and spinach with chicken. We got 4 really generous portions out of it.

I love Pataks, my sister used to work for them & would often bring home yummy stuff from the work shop!!!

Back