Tips to stop little ones hair going frizzy

big bear

A bear on a mission!
My little one is 19 months old, her hair is curly but when she wakes up has a big mass of frizzy hair at the back.

It's difficult to brush but when I do manage to its just a big frizzy mess.

I don't wash her hair every night maybe every other night.

Is there any natural product to maybe spray in her hair to help.

Any tips would be great. Thanks

I have very frizzy curly hair, being mixed race, and I find that using water based hair oil is the best. They should say aqua on hem x

Thanks my lovelies, I just tried brushing through a small bit of olive oil. Will see how she wakes up in the morning it'll either be greasy or a big nest lmao :)

Google no silicones no sulphates shampoo and conditioner. People with curly hair who omit these products grow beautiful curly non frizz locks. I'm 45 and have been cone sulph free for just over a year now. And I've not had one scalp itch since. It's remarkable. My scalp used to drive me mad. People use just conditioner route for very curly hair. But I have chosen to find a shampoo with no sulphates. I use tigi no frizz shampoo purple bottle Foxy curls. And a tigi conditioner moisturising Manic, peach bottle. I buy 500 ml bottles reduced online, lasting a full year :) honestly you'll never look back. It's the sulphate that makes frizz. I never use any other products on my hair. As you need sulphate to wash out silicones, if you don't you get a plastic build up. Hence no cones. Google communities know far more than me, an ex hairdresser ;)

Try getting her a satin pillowcase, well preferably silk but I was thinking of price x

Thanks for all the tips. She woke up with no frizzy mess but looks a little greasy, mite try a little less next time.

I'll look up that shampoo/conditioner too. Xx

I have naturaly curly hair & don't brush it every day, I don't even comb it, I use a leave in conditioner daily, it's called 'soft n curl' I buy it from the market it's not too expensive, I also use a leave in oil after I've washed my hair, that's called 'Olive Moisturising Shine Serum'. If you want to 'detangle' her hair put a little leave in conditioner, on your fingers & just work it through her hair. You could also try vitapoint (I found it too greasy) or some of the frizzeze products, which are expensive, but really do work.

After that recomendation I'm going to google non sulphate stuff:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone babybuff your little girl is so cute xxx

I have naturally wavy hair these days...I find I literally get a load of stand up frizzy hair on my head even when I blow dry which drives me mad!

But like someone's also said frizz ease ultra smooth or something like that is fab..it is expensive but when I don't use it you can tell :( x

Where do you get tangle teasers from? My smallest has curls and although its quite fine and easy to comb through it drags out what is left of the curl.

MadameLaMinx said:
Where do you get tangle teasers from? My smallest has curls and although its quite fine and easy to comb through it drags out what is left of the curl.

Avon used to do a tangle comb, I think I've seen one at Superdrug too.

Ignore me tangle teezer is a brand Boots do then or can buy online xxx

Back