Tired of my belly

Crunchy

I carry most of my weight around my middle. Twice in this past month people have spoken about 'my baby' assuming I am pregnant :-( this upsets me so much. One was in a group situation and was so humiliating. I just feel like telling them I know I am just fat :-( I have just started SW and for the first time ever have hope I can lose it. Tomorrow I start body magic, doing 10 mins of Abs work a day, anything to lose this belly and to stop getting upset at being so fat :cry:

You've done the important thing. You've addressed that you want to change and are doing something about it. That's definitely the hardest step.
As for people asking if you were having a baby, it genuinely astounds me how stupid people can be? How do they honestly not think through their actions and how they will affect someone when they hear them!?Ugh!
Don't worry about other people, do it for you and just think the next time you see those numpties you'll be well on your way to being the best you can be :D Good luck!

Good luck with SW, keep thinking of why you want to do this and it will push you through the hard times.

If you want to blast some fat from your stomach area i found that loads of cardio helps, get power walking for example and get your heart rate up. Even if your doing ab work it won't show much until you lose some weight but it's a good idea to start it now for when that time comes!

You can do this and we're here for support :)

I was just coming on here to say the same thing as Chocolate Bananas.......just doing abdominal work wont burn the fat, you need to do CV work for that. Carry on with your ab work as its always good do strengthen those muscles, but to get rid of your belly......sweat lol!

I second this! OR third it? I started out exercising and was getting really frustrated cos my belly just wouldn't shift....but I perservered with lots of cardio and still did abs and then suddenly, it literally seemed like overnight haha, the belly went! and because I had been doing abs as well I had definition. Sort of. But no its def the cardio. BURN THAT FAT! and even when you're knackered just keeping thinking of a smaller tum and it'll keep you going. Trust moi :)

im the same and carry my weight around the middle... and when i eat i get a real belly.. it really really sticks out and my little girl whos 4 asked me was there a baby in my tummy! i could of killed her! lol but thats now your motivation to get up and do something about it now good luck x

i have had the pregnancy thing happen to me in the past too, its so upsetting and embarassing. ive just had a baby so my belly is even worse now and i get really upset at how i look, but im using that feeling to spur me on. ive only done 1 week and ive had a good loss....stuck to diet and done aerobic excercise mixed with abs and strength excercises.....so i just want to say good luck and i know exactly how crap it is to store weight on your tummy!! xx

I can feel your pain, hun - I got asked if I was pregnant last year, and although I laughed it off at the time, it totally devastated me! I've lost 2st on SW since May and have loved every minute. If you stick to plan and trust it, in a few months, you'll feel like a new woman :) x

At the start of the year this was me. I was regularly offered seats on the train and asked when I was due. I was an 18/20, and mainly carried it ok as the weight was well spread, but at some point it started settling on my tummy.

In May I started SW. I havent had massive losses - 1.5lb in my first week, and never more than 2.5lb in a week - but it's been very steady with only 2 small gains, and 2 weeks of STS. All the other weeks have been a loss of 1-2lb.

Now at the start of November (5 months on) I've lost 25.5lb, lost 10% of my body weight and most importantly even though I'm still a 16, I'm not all tummy. I'm NEVER offered a seat on the tube now!

I've still got a long way to go, but there are point like this along the way where you suddenly notice how things have changed!

Great success story :)

Thanks for the inspiration, I am a slow loser due to medication and thyroid problems. I have a foot injury so am limited to what cardio I can do but I am re- starting the 30 day shred, I like it and just stay on level 1. I will tone up, this weight will go!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

well if theres anything going to tone you up the 30day shred will!!!! It was nearly the death of me haha! I'm a davina addict, love her DVDs and they've gotten me from a 16 to an 8 so I will be eternally grateful to both her and slimming world!

good for you for turning a negative into a positive, you WILL get there, stay motivated xx

Hey hun

The 30 day shred is fantastic for quick results I really need to get my ass back into it too.
This is me April 2011 after doing the DVD......

Week1-4-2.jpg

Week1-4-1.jpg

After looking at my photos now I'm gutted I didn't carry on with sw again until now as I am nothing like these pics now lol but at least looking at these I know I can do it again xxx

MrsWilsoncroft said:
Hey hun

The 30 day shred is fantastic for quick results I really need to get my ass back into it too.

After looking at my photos now I'm gutted I didn't carry on with sw again until now as I am nothing like these pics now lol but at least looking at these I know I can do it again xxx

Hey

These are fab results well done was this just over the 30 days you acheived these results? Did u do thr shred every day

Hey

These are fab results well done was this just over the 30 days you acheived these results? Did u do thr shred every day

Thanks Hun, I just hope to get like that again lol.
i did the shred every other day as I was too unfit to do it everyday plus I suffer with back ache lol.
i highly recommend it to anyone wanting good results though xxx

You cannae really lose weight in a specific bit of your body, but general weight loss will get you there bit by bit...then the hard work will pay off with toned abs once the fat has gone :) you will get there take it at your own pace and feel comfortable and happy doing it :)

Hey hun

Week1-4-2.jpg

Week1-4-1.jpg

This is absolutely amazing ! Your waist is tiny and your bum has really lifted. I'm going to try this as soon as my back is better. Did you get the dvd or just do it off you tube?
Really inspirational- you'll be back there before you know it !!

This is absolutely amazing ! Your waist is tiny and your bum has really lifted. I'm going to try this as soon as my back is better. Did you get the dvd or just do it off you tube?
Really inspirational- you'll be back there before you know it !!

Thanks hun. I was most impressed with my stomach :)
but yes all round I lost quite a few inches and about 4-5lbs in weight. I have the DVD but sometimes find it easier to do it on my iPad through youtube rather than having to set up the DVD player.

Maybe we could all start a challenge and do it together?xxx

Heres a better photo of my front god I wish I was like this again lol but at least. Know it's achievable lol xxx

stomach.jpg

Last edited:
That would be great. Do you think it can be done even with a bad back ? My physio says I need to build my core strength so I'm wondering if this might be just the thing ! Also I can get youtube on my telly so it's very convenient. I think I read you can get all the days on there .

That would be great. Do you think it can be done even with a bad back ? My physio says I need to build my core strength so I'm wondering if this might be just the thing ! Also I can get youtube on my telly so it's very convenient. I think I read you can get all the days on there .

I sometimes get a sore back and I managed it every other day, you do each level for 10 days, so if you find after 10 days that level 2 is a bit extreme I'd continue doing level 1.

It can be a killer after a day or two but then it feels easier.

Ive just added a pic in my post above again so you can see my stomach.
ps sorry to OP for hijacking your thread xxx

Here is level 1 of the DVD
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

Back